Backstab learning? 01/11/2017 03:54 AM CST
I dont know if this is a change that happened fairly recently or if its been effect for a very long time. Since I was always an indifferent trainer of all combats and almost never using any of the guild abilities relating to combat use, so I never had reason to even see if this 'stab training' was going on.

Anyway, what is the actual point to having the backstab skill and making it a guild req since when you get certain abilities you can train 'stab without ever once needing to actually hide and 'stab or ambush? Good God, I am training 'stab at melee just swinging my quarter staff and such. Never once hiding. Its even pretty easy to get it locked like that.

As I sid, I dont know how long thats been active, and it really does negate the need to actually seriously train it. Its a sideline skill now. So, what is the point to training it if you dont HAVE to 'train it'? Yes, theres some titles with that skill as a req, but beyond that am I blind and just not seeing the thinking there?

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: Backstab learning? 01/11/2017 04:44 AM CST
Backstab probably needs to get a Tactics treatment and be renamed to something broader and more central to Thief life (too bad Thievery is already taken, maybe rename it back to Stealing and then give Backstab the name Thievery). Thievery checks for stuff like fake guild would also make more sense as New-Backstab checks to me.
Re: Backstab learning? 01/11/2017 07:36 AM CST

Merge backstab and thievery, and call it finesse. End the stealing vs backstabbing debate once and for all. Have a drink. Profit.
Re: Backstab learning? 01/11/2017 07:33 PM CST
Sok, if you had as much BS as you do stealing, you wouldn't see it that way.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Backstab learning? 01/12/2017 01:49 AM CST
Thanks Elec. That comparison actually does help explain it in a way that makes some sense.

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: Backstab learning? 01/13/2017 10:41 AM CST
Ignoring the limited scope of the skill, and the fact that Khri Prowess, and Guile, have made it extremely easy to learn, Backstab is the best single strike attack in the game. Stack the deck in your favor with all the appropriate Khri, and Ambushes, and it has a better to-hit and damage modifier than any other attack.
Re: Backstab learning? 01/13/2017 11:01 AM CST

>>Ignoring the limited scope of the skill, and the fact that Khri Prowess, and Guile, have made it extremely easy to learn, Backstab >>is the best single strike attack in the game. Stack the deck in your favor with all the appropriate Khri, and Ambushes, and it has >>a better to-hit and damage modifier than any other attack.

Backstab is also going to be a lot more effective after the barrier nerf. I mean re-write. If it ever happens.
Re: Backstab learning? 01/13/2017 05:09 PM CST
The barrier rewrite will be one of the best things to happen to pvp in a looooong time.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.