One-hit kill 01/20/2014 10:50 PM CST
Not sure how much I outclass these guys.. but I thought there were no more 1-hit kills? In Undershard btw.

>face next
You turn to face a ruffian.
>stalk
You quickly slip into hiding to prepare to stalk.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
You are convinced that your stalking went unobserved.
You move into position to stalk a ruffian when it moves.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
A ruffian searches around for a moment.
>bac
Your blade is a little awkward, but usable.
You slip out of concealment and backstab a ruffian!
< You thrust a glaes thrusting blade at a ruffian. A ruffian fails to dodge. The blade lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that pierces clean through from one side of the neck to the other (Looks like a party gag, except for being quite dead).

The ruffian exclaims, "Help! I am slain!" as he falls down.

[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>
You feel fully rested.
>look ruff
You see a ruffian, which is dead.
The ruffian has a severely swollen and shattered neck which appears useless to hold up the head compounded by a completely useless neck with nearly all flesh and bone torn away.
It is wearing some chain vambraces, some reinforced greaves, a studded leather breastplate.
It is carrying a target shield, a misericorde.

>blink
You blink.

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: One-hit kill 01/20/2014 11:42 PM CST
If you grossly outclass your target, overkill mechanics step in and void the vitality-based damage reduction. Or something close enough to that. This only works with mundane attacks right now-- will work with spells in 3.1 (currently in public test).

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.