Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/12/2006 10:02 PM CST
What's the longest lasting ingame marriage/bonding you know of? I just logged in to a character I haven't been active with in ages and was surprised at the anniversary he's arrived at. I'm wondering if we've inadvertantly set a record or not. :)
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/12/2006 10:54 PM CST
Four weeks?

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 01:04 AM CST
You and Gwynfydedig affirmed your vows before the gods in the 2nd month of Ka'len the Sea Drake in the year of the Iron Toad, 375.
looks like 10 in game years for Gwyn and I

Not all of us follow a code. That much is evident.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 01:23 AM CST
Longer than Britney Spears and Pamela Anderson's marriages combined and doubled.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 08:00 AM CST
>What's the longest lasting ingame marriage/bonding you know of?

Lagerby married his IG bride about 8 RL years ago.

I'd say my marriage to Paineaser would be the second longest I know of, we were married for 17 IG years.

Bambina
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 09:33 AM CST
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 6th month of Arhat the Fire Lion in the year of the Golden Panther, 366.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 01:25 PM CST
Its not the longest, but Daer was together with Heston for over three RL years. She still misses her greatly.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 01:35 PM CST
Fourteen years so far for Drex and Maulem ingame.. not the longest but definitely plenty long enough.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/13/2006 03:59 PM CST
<<Four weeks?

Heheh. My original post had included a comment about how we all know that 99.9% of DragonRealms marriages/bondings flare up and flame out in less than two or three RL weeks, but I decided to edit that part out and go with the straight forward question.

That the above is not too terribly exaggerated for what really goes on definitely makes these few long standing ingame relationships that have endured the tests of time (and internet gaming stereotypes) really stand out.

I can never remember how many DR years pass during a single RL year (3 or 4?), but it sounds like Lagerby's marriage at somewhere between 24 and 32 DR years is the closest challenger to Cemm and Larnae's marriage so far.

Of course, I'd definitely be fudging things if I tried to sneak off with the trophy now given my on again, mostly off again, over and over again, level of activity here the last six or seven years.

Still, it's neat to log Cemm in every year or so, find him still napping the years away in the riverfront tower apartment they shared, notice a few more anniversaries have passed, then leave him back to his long sleep.

He's like the Rip Van Winkle of DragonRealms. A few more decades and he might start giving that legend about Lanival's supposed age-old slumber a run for its money.

<raises a cup to good times and great buddies last seen far too long ago>
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/14/2006 11:48 PM CST
I know of a couple who hit the 20th IG year mark.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." ~Wizard Zorander
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 12/15/2006 07:38 AM CST
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 8th month of Skullcleaver the Dwarven Axe in the year of the Iron Toad, 354.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 01/01/2007 11:29 PM CST
Lys and naul have been married 10 rl years in realm and 9 rl.Thanks to Myannah for introducing them al that time ago.:)The wedding date doesnt reflect the time as they renewed vows several times with a new rose which changes the date.
Re: Longest lasting marriages/bondings ingame? 01/02/2007 01:41 PM CST
It'd be nice if when you kissed the rose again, and already bonded, it didn't change your wedding date :( I hated that.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)