Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 04:29 PM CST
Are we ever going to get a toggle to turn these on and off? Sometimes they can be so annoying.

Maybe something in SET?

Are there any plans to change these verbs, or modify them at all?

If a GM could chime in I'd appreciate it.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 04:33 PM CST
WINK

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 05:05 PM CST
Speaking of bonded verbs, I have a suggestion. When bonded all of the affectionate verbs become extrash mushy so by that token, shouldn't hostile verbs become extra...hostile?

Example:

Smack Rivenmist

You reach back and slap Rivenmist soundly across the face! Maybe that will finaly shut her up.

Kick Rivenmist

Fed up with the nagging, you walk over to Rivenmist and kick her soundly in the shin!

Just a couple ideas to get things going.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 05:08 PM CST
I fully support this idea

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 05:18 PM CST
Shes gonna love seeing her name on the boards like that...

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/07/2006 06:28 PM CST
Rivenmist says if they have those verbs you sleeping in the dog house
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/08/2006 05:58 PM CST
I doubt you'll see a way to turn off bonded verbs. It's an easy avenue for abuse.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it?s true, or because they are afraid it might be true." ~Wizard Zorander
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/08/2006 06:17 PM CST
I'm not sure I want to hear the rationale for that one because it will probably just confuse and enrage me.

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/08/2006 06:23 PM CST
Yeah, that was the dumbest argument ever. Sorry. If you're saying people will stop using their lovey kiss to pretend they aren't bonded guess what? They can just not kiss now.

~Arwinia

Re: Bonded Verbs 12/09/2006 11:50 AM CST
My thought is that someone could turn it off, then uses verbs that would normally show a bond. Fight ensues, then the "secretly" bonded partner begins to whallop away on the other, who was given no opportunity to know that the two were bonded.

Granted, the bonded couple could just avoid using any of the bonded verbs, but that limits them to joining via stalking if it becomes an issue.

Just my observations and opinions.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it?s true, or because they are afraid it might be true." ~Wizard Zorander
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/09/2006 03:47 PM CST
I'm failing to see the abuse.

Rev. Reene

You are Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elf.
Holy Smoke, you're ugly! Who is your hairdresser? Medusa?

Get involved!
http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/09/2006 09:35 PM CST
I fail to see the abuse also. You could still kill someone and have no idea they were bonded to someone three times your character's circle. You can't instantly know that a character in the game is bonded to someone else.

Not everyone wants to be overly mushy with their bonded all of the time, it'd be a nice option from an RP perspective to be able to turn them off and use the standard verbs.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Bonded Verbs 12/09/2006 10:13 PM CST
Oh well. That's one of the risks you take when you get into PvP with someone.

>My thought is that someone could turn it off, then uses verbs that would normally show a bond. Fight ensues, then the "secretly" bonded partner begins to whallop away on the other, who was given no opportunity to know that the two were bonded.

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid ...
Proud supporter of the Southern Tenant Farmer's Union