Prev_page Previous 1
A different marriage idea 06/06/2006 10:20 AM CDT
I'd like to make my semi-annual request for a toggle on bonding verbs or a variable to have a bonded person be able to do/not do the bonded version of an action. The bonding verbs are too cute/cuddly for many of us paired-off folks. My primary character is not rose-bonded, despite a rather costly and elaborate ceremony in game, for precisely this reason. Which means that if either one of us ever try to use consent on our partner's attacker, we'll likely end up getting into it with a GM because it doesn't look, to them, like we ARE bonded.

Please, please, please make the bonding verbs optional!

Player of Silvanne, Maiamo Heruaminen Khandrishen
Re: A different marriage idea 06/06/2006 12:01 PM CDT
Seconded, thirded, whatever. Please make this happen.

Rev. Reene

On Martyka's stone market table you see a white glazed clay jar painted with a grey knotwork maze and fitted with a silver rim labeled "Sindea Ashes", ...

A glazed jar on a stone market table exclaims, "Help me! I'm not dead yet!"
Re: A different marriage idea 06/06/2006 01:22 PM CDT
But gee, then they wouldn't be able to make 100+ bucks getting people to pay for assisted weddings.

~Tashya~
Re: A different marriage idea 06/06/2006 11:25 PM CDT
>I'd like to make my semi-annual request for a toggle on bonding verbs or a variable to have a bonded person be able to do/not do the bonded version of an action. The bonding verbs are too cute/cuddly for many of us paired-off folks. My primary character is not rose-bonded, despite a rather costly and elaborate ceremony in game, for precisely this reason. Which means that if either one of us ever try to use consent on our partner's attacker, we'll likely end up getting into it with a GM because it doesn't look, to them, like we ARE bonded.

That gives me an idea....

-GM Dremara :-)
Team Wedding
Halfling Champion

"Life is a journey... Enjoy the ride!"
"Smile.... people will wonder what you're thinking about!"
Re: A different marriage idea 06/12/2006 04:13 PM CDT
I just want my wink back =(

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: A different marriage idea 06/18/2006 10:11 PM CDT
I had to write a 'smile and winks at <hubby>' macro. its great

Ragran to Rantjur:
"Remember that: you=weakling, rilely=adventurer."
Re: A different marriage idea 06/19/2006 08:54 AM CDT
I don't like the lady's bonded version of wink. If I want to flirt, I will flirt. However- you could always try Wink <name> behind me.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: A different marriage idea 06/21/2006 01:27 PM CDT
>>If I want to flirt, I will flirt.

The problem is, I don't see my character as the batting eyelashes type even if she is flirting. Just like you will never see her giggle. I think this is why the verb bothers me so much.

~Arwinia

Re: A different marriage idea 06/21/2006 07:33 PM CDT
Remind me to give you an eel skin. :)

~Dulcinia

"We do not care if you or your character is gay, straight, asexual, gelatious, nougat filled, or covered in a hard candy shell." --Solomon

[Meerc] "People are irritatesome..."

"The forums are for Obinigiousisms." --Huldah's Pal
Re: A different marriage idea 06/26/2006 11:05 PM CDT
I'd also like to see more options for the bonded verbs... most of my chars are not the lovey-dovey type. =/
Re: A different marriage idea 06/27/2006 11:35 PM CDT
We can only hope.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: A different marriage idea 09/04/2006 04:58 AM CDT
>>I'd like to make my semi-annual request for a toggle on bonding verbs or a variable to have a bonded person be able to do/not do the bonded version of an action. The bonding verbs are too cute/cuddly for many of us paired-off folks. My primary character is not rose-bonded, despite a rather costly and elaborate ceremony in game, for precisely this reason. Which means that if either one of us ever try to use consent on our partner's attacker, we'll likely end up getting into it with a GM because it doesn't look, to them, like we ARE bonded.

>That gives me an idea....

Dremara, how's that idea coming?

Re: A different marriage idea 09/04/2006 01:38 PM CDT
>Dremara, how's that idea coming?

Do me a favor and remind me again about it after the countdown thingie. Thanks, m'dear.

-GM Dremara :-)
Team Wedding
Olvi Champion
Member of ERLP & Official mascot owner of Muddy

"Life is a journey... Enjoy the ride!"
"Smile.... people will wonder what you're thinking about!"
Re: A different marriage idea 09/26/2006 11:39 PM CDT
"I'd like to make my semi-annual request for a toggle on bonding verbs or a variable to have a bonded person be able to do/not do the bonded version of an action. The bonding verbs are too cute/cuddly for many of us paired-off folks. My primary character is not rose-bonded, despite a rather costly and elaborate ceremony in game, for precisely this reason. Which means that if either one of us ever try to use consent on our partner's attacker, we'll likely end up getting into it with a GM because it doesn't look, to them, like we ARE bonded.

>That gives me an idea....

Dremara, how's that idea coming?

Player of Silvanne, Maiamo Heruaminen Khandrishen"

"Do me a favor and remind me again about it after the countdown thingie. Thanks, m'dear.

-GM Dremara :-)"

Are we talking about a toggle?

I would really love to be able to toggle the bonded verbs on and off.

__
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.

"I would be deadly afraid of the destructive power of a nuclear kitty." - Reike
Re: A different marriage idea 09/27/2006 08:14 AM CDT
Since we're bringing this back up, can I have my wink back please

~Arwinia

Re: A different marriage idea 03/02/2007 11:57 AM CST
Once again, it is time for Silvanne's semi-annual request (I need to turn this into an event at our treehouse for like-minded couples):

Please create a toggle on bonding verbs or a variable to have a bonded person be able to do/not do the bonded version of an action. The bonding verbs are too cute/cuddly for many of us paired-off folks. My primary character is not rose-bonded, despite a rather costly and elaborate ceremony in game, for precisely this reason. Which means that if either one of us ever try to use consent on our partner's attacker, we'll likely end up getting into it with a GM because it doesn't look, to them, like we ARE bonded. And all because as fairly hardy ranger-types, living in the wilds, cutesy is just...well, WRONG!

Please, please, please make the bonding verbs optional!

A protagonist must have an antagonist. Otherwise he's just a guy playing with himself.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/03/2007 11:46 PM CST
I would like to second this request again. Please let us pick which version of the verb we want to use.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/05/2007 02:46 PM CST
I agree. Make this a toggle.

Sometimes you just want to lean on your spouse, just LEAN, not be all lovie.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: A different marriage idea 03/05/2007 03:32 PM CST
And somtimes you wanna knock her teeth out. See previous suggestion about making "negitive" action verbs toward a spouse more negitive.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 09:11 AM CST
Out of morbid curiosity, I checked out how difficult it would be to make a toggle -- I think I died a little inside!

Hypothetically and promising nothing: if you could pick three or four verbs to "toggle" somehow, which would you choose and why?

~GameMaster Nhia
Weddings Team Coordinator
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 09:19 AM CST
The stare for one. If you stare at your bonded spouse now you give him this google eyed staring into the eyes type of thing and I've always wished it could be more of the 'LOOK' when you're really aggravated at him. You know, that look that only a wife [or husband] could give that clearly says "You are SO in the doghouse".

Thank you for being willing to at least look at it Nhia.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 09:32 AM CST
lean: Somtimes I'm just using her to take the weight off.

blink: This one just bothers me

wave: Ugh.

hold: I actualy like the join message. I HATE the hold message

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 10:05 AM CST
WINK

GOD PLEASE WINK

Sometimes you just want to wink out of sarcasm but NOOOOOOOO it turns into batting eyelashes

~Arwinia

You are Shrimpstar, a Prydaen Bard.
You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

You are wearing nothing special.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 10:05 AM CST
>>The stare for one. If you stare at your bonded spouse now you give him this google eyed staring into the eyes type of thing and I've always wished it could be more of the 'LOOK' when you're really aggravated at him. You know, that look that only a wife [or husband] could give that clearly says "You are SO in the doghouse".

Use swap

~Arwinia

You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 10:44 AM CST
I would choose Wink and Lean. For crying out loud, none of my chars are eyelash-flutterers!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 11:40 AM CST
I have to agree. I hate having eyelashes fluttered at me.

-Serc

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 07:34 PM CST
Wink, nudge, stare, and lean.

Rev. Reene

You accept Syralon's offer and are now holding some holy oil.

Syralon says to you, "May the oil make you shiny and full of religion."
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 07:35 PM CST
(double post yay)

Actually on reflection I've decided WAVE is a lot more annoying to me than LEAN.

Rev. Reene

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 08:38 PM CST
Additional question: how obnoxious would it be to have to type something extra to get the "married" version of the verb? For example, KISS (name) WED? Worth it or no?

~GameMaster Nhia
Elothean Champion Duo

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 09:05 PM CST
" For example, KISS (name) WED? Worth it or no?"

Yes. This.

-Serc

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 09:54 PM CST
>> Worth it or no?

Totally.

Rev. Reene

Re: A different marriage idea 03/06/2007 10:39 PM CST
Yes please

~Arwinia

You look tired.

Re: A different marriage idea 03/07/2007 03:26 AM CST
I agree, would make life more simple in the long run.

I hate the smooch one! That is just me though.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: A different marriage idea 03/07/2007 06:30 AM CST
KISS (name) WED

Totally awesome. Please do it.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/07/2007 08:20 AM CST
Please, please, please...YES!

Of course, then I'll have to find a new smei-annual hobby...

A protagonist must have an antagonist. Otherwise he's just a guy playing with himself.
Re: A different marriage idea 03/07/2007 08:35 AM CST
I'd love that change as well.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: A different marriage idea 03/07/2007 09:28 AM CST
Even though I am (finally) divorced, I agree.

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Re: A different marriage idea 03/08/2007 10:33 PM CST
You have my vote for verb name wed.

I can see people whining, though, that their super bonded verbs don't work. Would adding a toggle that does them automatically be doable, too, with this or no?

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: A different marriage idea 03/09/2007 06:41 AM CST
Not really, from what I could tell. It's not really set up to be toggleable.

Right now folks can opt out of the bonded kiss verb by emoting it -- does anyone do this, why or why not?

~GameMaster Nhia
Elothean Champion Duo

Re: A different marriage idea 03/09/2007 07:54 AM CST
>>Right now folks can opt out of the bonded kiss verb by emoting it -- does anyone do this, why or why not?

I do. I also use the hug emotes, and wink <bonded> behind me- which is an awful lot of typing to avoid the eyelash-fluttering!

Ryeka

Prev_page Previous 1