I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/07/2005 11:56 PM CST
I have seen many different things done with weddings, and I want to know what is possible to do with the party.

Things like Dunk tanks, messaging ect ect.

Time limits, npc's and so forth.

Also, a place where it can be referenced on the website would be nice as well.

seeing as Queens weddings cost a significant amount, these things should be spelled out so that you know what you are getting.

Right now how well you wedding goes off seems to really depend on how much the GM you get to do your wedding LIKES you.

Anyhow, I'd like to buy a wedding, but I want to see this clairified first.
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/08/2005 08:20 AM CST
What I generally tell the bride and groom for a wedding I do is this..IF you can think of it, ask for it. All they can say is Yes or No to you. Even if you are turned down on something because of the way it is worded, reword it and take the advice of your GM on how to make it doable. I am not exactly sure what you want in your wedding, but I have done enough to know what you can and most likely can not have.

As far as NPCs go, they will try to contact them for you, but if you know the NPC personally try to do that yourself and invite them. Another thing with NPCs, you do have to have a valid reason for them to be there. If you have no general contact with that NPC and IC there would be no real reason, you might not get that NPC to show up.

If you like, you can contact me IG or via my play.net and I will try to help you with your questions best I can.

This is GM-Tvini's site, it lists the basic information in regards to the items you can and can not have.

http://www.tvini.com/

Ketrianna~

IM-Ketrianna

Smegul says, "A mammoth would kill you quickly"
Ketrianna says to Smegul, "I would die with a smile on my face though..for least trying."
A bar maid murmurs,"What a lovely way to die,"
Kinneth whistles a merry tune.

Ketrianna says to Smegul, "I would die with a smile on my face though..for least trying."

Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/08/2005 08:28 AM CST
I have seen GMPCs at assorted weddings. I daresay it is possible to set up a dunk tank: I have seen assorted other games. Good luck! You'll have to talk with Tvini and company about that.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/08/2005 12:21 PM CST
>As far as NPCs go, they will try to contact them for you, but if you know the NPC personally try to do that yourself and invite them. Another thing with NPCs, you do have to have a valid reason for them to be there. If you have no general contact with that NPC and IC there would be no real reason, you might not get that NPC to show up.

I asked for a Juggler.

Got No Juggler.

So, where I said NPC, you read GMNPC...
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/09/2005 12:41 PM CST
If you'd like more information on weddings, feel free to write to DR-Weddings@play.net and request a meeting with a member of the Weddings Team. We do meetings with potential couples fairly often, and it gives us an opportunity to go further in-depth with you. Alternatively, you can email us with a list of questions which we'll be happy to answer. :)

~GameMaster Nhia
Elothean Champion Duo
Weddings Team

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/09/2005 12:44 PM CST
Speaking of email, you'se guys need to get back to Mrrar/Isaura (we emailed a question in regards to mokume-gane

(This Is Not) Mrrar

Out of Context Theatre
"Shaved head, but in a good way."--Ragran
"Their number is negligible and they are stupid."--Eisenhower
~~Join The Fallen!~~ (So you don't bother me >:o )
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/09/2005 02:06 PM CST
Not to be short but they apparently don't respond to email sent to DR-Weddings@play.net, as I have sent more then one and have not got a response. Either that or the address is not working properly.

Dragamar
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/09/2005 02:08 PM CST
tis true, but, that's not where my email went :)

(This Is Not) Mrrar

Out of Context Theatre
"Shaved head, but in a good way."--Ragran
"Their number is negligible and they are stupid."--Eisenhower
~~Join The Fallen!~~ (So you don't bother me >:o )
Re: I want to know what is possible in a wedding. 11/10/2005 06:53 PM CST
<<So, where I said NPC, you read GMNPC...

Oh heh you are right. That will teach me to try to read and respond, while under the influence of painkillers.