Palefox? 01/14/2003 09:18 AM CST
A question. I have followed this whole thing with the BFA and Palefox, as much as I could. I wonder if anyone else is undecided about whether Palefox is a good villian, or a confused roleplayer?

I'd love an answer from Palefox himself. But if anyone else has insight or thoughts, I'd love to hear those also.

Teh thorn
Re: Palefox? 01/15/2003 09:57 AM CST
<<I wonder if anyone else is undecided about whether Palefox is a good villian, or a confused roleplayer?>>

The above person is neither. They are what is considered a sissy.

Arctuniol <hums>

"In an open world, Who needs windows or gates?"
Re: Palefox? 01/15/2003 10:03 AM CST
Let's see...your response contained no basis in fact. Only a new label cast on the party in question, with no supporting evidence as to why I should just assume your opinion as my own. Thanks, but I'd prefer to actually make an informed decision.

This wasn't an attempt to start a conflict, in spite of the controversial subject matter. It was a genuine request for opinions on a high profile "villian".

Anyone else...preferrably with some real information to support their stance on it?
Re: Palefox? 01/15/2003 10:06 AM CST
It wasn't a conflict. I was stating fact as known by many in the world of villanry. Not my prollum if you don't like it.

Arctuniol

"In an open world, Who needs windows or gates?"
Re: Palefox? 01/15/2003 12:16 PM CST
I'd certainly rate the BFA in the category of Villain instead of confused roleplayers (crp).

The BFA has managed to start a storyline. They appear to be a rogue group dedicated to anarchy and tearing down the established government. First they tried Zoluren, but were driven underground. Now they are attempting to carve out their own spot in Langenfirth. This is an interesting story, and I've been following the circumstances with a cautious eye.

I'm certainly interested in seeing how the GMs respond to this, and if they are willing to make an "official" storyline out of a player-inspired plot. The appearance of Amlach certainly gives me the hope that players can influence the future of the Realms. It remains to be seen whether this will be a story developed to it's inevitable conclusion, or if the BFA will simply be squashed. Note, the two are the same, but I wonder about the means.

Of course, every group has certain bad apples in the bunch that turn what could be a great storyline into simply a gang of griefers.

All that said, I still think the BFA is a bunch of ninnys. Don't they know that the Man will get them in the end? Two thumbs up for effort though.

~Kodiac
Re: Palefox? 01/15/2003 12:36 PM CST
The BFA need actual penalties to be enforced with their actions.

That didn't happen in Zoluren- Ever. Let's hope it does in Therengia.
Re: Palefox? 01/20/2003 11:27 AM CST
<<The BFA need actual penalties to be enforced with their actions. That didn't happen in Zoluren- Ever. Let's hope it does in Therengia.>>

There was a whole mess of reasons why that didn't happen in Zoluren Pureblade. You were there i'm sure you know a few.
Re: Palefox? 01/20/2003 02:20 PM CST
I have to give them Kudos for creating a villain group. They could be great villian group, if they follow an RP that isnt just personal. Palefox needs to stick around long enough to RP things out. Instead of starting something, taking off, and letting the group sort it out and get the brunt of it all.

No, Im not starting a conflict here. I would have loved to RP'd with them in regards to taking over Lang. Would have been very interesting for all there and all that were just looking in. Just a shame, that it wasnt that and only a personal vendetta.

Amlach and several others were more than happy to go along with that RP and watch it grow. Unfortunately, it could have been a lot of fun for all. But turned into a MAJOR pain in the butt for many.
Re: Palefox? 01/20/2003 05:19 PM CST
Palefox is Palefox. Confused Roleplayer nah(He's been the same Palefox as long as he's played the game.). Villain, well that depends who writes the history in all likelyhood. Some might say villain others hero others might call him nastier names. One thing for sure he seems to have provided many people with hours of enjoyment frustration and probably late nights.

Palefox is one of action, sometimes you'll agree with the action other times you won't. He also has some small level of leadership skill as he throughout his career has put together groups of players with a vision and a mission.

You couldn't find a more loyal friend or a more steadfast enemy.

Arrys
Re: Palefox? 01/21/2003 10:09 AM CST
I still say he's taken one too many head wounds.

Paschein
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Palefox? 01/23/2003 12:46 PM CST
One thing you can say for Palefox, he'll always be remembered as a villain, which in itself speaks for good RP. The BFA would be a great way to RP villains if only those in the group would stick to the storyline and others who either dislike them for being villains or envious of their ability to put forth a good scheme didn't take it to a personal level of name-calling and accusations allowing them to RP a storyline.
The overtaking of Lang is a brilliant idea and would've been fun RP if only we'd get passed the personal bashing on the boards and together in playing out the event. I personally would like to thank the GM's for trying to help the BFA run their RP. But unfortunately they've had to take the role of referee on the boards so often that I wouldn't blame them if they walked away.
If we'd only get passed the personal OOC and on with some enjoyable RP for villains and those of us who like seeing them pull off an entertaining event ...it'd be grand.
Tirna~
Re: Palefox? 01/24/2003 09:43 PM CST
So where is Palefox and the BFA now that they have been outlawed in two provinces?
Re: Palefox? 01/26/2003 08:10 PM CST
>One thing you can say for Palefox, he'll always be remembered as a villain, which in itself speaks for good RP. The BFA would be a great way to RP villains if only those in the group would stick to the storyline and others who either dislike them for being villains or envious of their ability to put forth a good scheme didn't take it to a personal level of name-calling and accusations allowing them to RP a storyline.

Palefox will alway be a witless coward that do not know how to roleplay in my book. The BFA was not and never will be a good villains RP crowd, due to their inabilities to RP but more like "Ohh I know a bunch of high level duds let group together and start killing and by calling it RP we won't get LOCKOUT". And how I know about this? I was their when they start to form their group, I was there when they start to attack people, I was there when that brave general of their turn tail and hide after seeing his inept leadership lead his men to be slaughter.

Tell me now, and if you can,
What is human, what is man,
Tell me now, and if you must,
Where's the god that men can trust?
- L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
Re: Palefox? 01/27/2003 11:10 PM CST
I personally think that the idea of the BFA is good rp, their outlook to the history of DR is great. I personally look forward on seeing how things will turn out and hope the GM's continue to help them along. I do agree that some people are ending up taking things personally and I do understand that that is not exactly a good thing. If the BFA continues to be seen as villains when these moments become nothing more then the past and words in a history book, I do not know nor can I make an assumption, but I believe that the if they stay on the ball and keep their goals then they can bring more RP then ever. I know the sometimes the views people have on a certain aspect in the game reflects in their characters, but I agree that if people would realize it is just a game and not something to become upset about in real life then it will be all the better. As for Palefox, people have certain views on him and they are all entitled to them but it's the group that makes the RP and the storylines work, not just one person. I think all those whom have participated (RPed) in the event that have arisen from the BFA are to comended.

-Player of a BFA member with views not always the same as the BFA's.
Re: Palefox? 02/09/2003 05:00 PM CST
hmm bfa..... krii told me he was in the bfa if u call that RP id rather go have another

HAWHAW

~krazy k (frown)
Re: Palefox? 03/06/2003 10:19 PM CST
Well, there's one thing about a good villain. He creates chaos even when he's no longer there. Hopefully this BFA vs. Therengia spit will calm down so that when I get back from my little island vacation I can just relax as an ornamental paladin, but still, you've got to admit, it's kinda cool in a frustrating way. And villains get great dying sequences. I think Palefox got a good one, so, the answer is: Villain!
Re: Palefox? 04/21/2003 10:32 AM CDT
Ima revive this board!!

Okay, Palefox fought for what he believed in, he walked in, Miilo took over, BFA is goin down the drain, end of story.

-Krii, Quit the BFA yesterday because of bad Leadership.
Re: Palefox? 04/29/2003 04:00 AM CDT
>>Okay, Palefox fought for what he believed in, he walked in, Miilo took over, BFA is goin down the drain, end of story.

-Krii, Quit the BFA yesterday because of bad Leadership>>>

Obviously you have'nt kept up with the BFA of the past this is thier "MO". They make a big scene kill a few folks here and there claim victory have a major member reorganization, get all pumped up and start all over again, go boom and fade away for awhile. Dont count em out I'm sure as evil as Miilo can be he has something up his sleeve, if not I'm sure hes thinking about it.

~Scandi~
P.S not for nothing but if you've also noticed the leaders of the BFA are hardly ever around really cant run a group like that with everyone up in the air. Im sure alot of you will go back when things get moving, That is if you dont talk yourselves onto thier hit list. :) Have a Great Day!