Salute Update 10/16/2014 11:44 AM CDT
Hello all,

The SALUTE verb has been given a behind the scenes face-lift and it's now easier than ever to add emotes!

- You can now salute using a weapon or shield.
- All emotes have non-combat equipment options.
- Added two new emotes: casual and reverent.
- You can now salute virtually everything.

The default wording of salute shouldn't have changed much from what you see today.

>salute help
Usage:

SALUTE [EMOTE]
SALUTE [TARGET] [EMOTE]
SALUTE [TARGET] WITH MY [OBJECT]
SALUTE [TARGET] WITH MY [OBJECT] [EMOTE]

Emotes: awkward, casual*, crisp, mocking, reverent, rude*

* - denotes an emote that requires a free hand

If you notice any oddities please join the discussion in the Suggestions - Verbs folder. This update will make it to The Fallen later this week.

Thanks to ODIN331 for the inspiration http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Surviving%20in%20DragonRealms%20-%20Elanthia/Elanthian%20Etiquette/view/550

/salute

-Ssra

"You will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."
Re: Salute Update 10/19/2014 06:46 PM CDT
I can't get the salute person with an object to work.. it just defaults to saluting the object

neither of those work

Re: Salute Update 10/20/2014 12:28 AM CDT
>> I can't get the salute person with an object to work.. it just defaults to saluting the object

Bummer. I've asked for some additional GM feedback on this as it seems the game doesn't pick up player reference when you specify the object to use.

I'll let you know more when I know more.

Thanks!

/salute

-Ssra

"You will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable."
Re: Salute Update 10/20/2014 01:19 PM CDT
parser suggestion?

maybe if it was like Taunt? where the object comes before the target, or if the emote was moved?
I know some verbs work, backwards - rub seems normal to me (rub Ssra neck with my knife), snap uses the emote before target, appraise item on target/creature careful, my mind's going blank on other examples...

TAUNT USAGE:
TAUNT {style} - A taunt to all.
TAUNT {style} {player|creature} - A taunt at a player or creature.
TAUNT {held object} (AT {player|creature|object} - A general taunt using a held item.
TAUNT {held object} at {player} - A general taunt using a held item toward a player.
Styles - challenge, arrogant, solemn, goofy, battle, spar

> taunt pole at water
You point a smooth bamboo fishing pole at some water while staring sternly at it.

SNAP {EMOTE} {PLAYER}

> rub power left ear with thumb
You rub your left ear with your severed thumb.

> salut help

SALUTE [EMOTE]
SALUTE [TARGET] [EMOTE]

Emotes: awkward, casual*, crisp, mocking, reverent, rude*

Re: Salute Update 10/20/2014 07:09 PM CDT
Yup yup. That's my preferred method but SALUTE is used so often I didn't want to tinker with the syntax we've all found ourselves accustomed to.

/salute

-Ssra