BOW verb needs revamp, please? 06/11/2008 01:04 AM CDT
Dear GMs,

I don't usually poke around on the boards, especially not to make requests, but I've been thinking lately that a few things would really add to my RP, as my character doesn't fit into the usual stereotypes or roles that might be expected of her.

Namely, I'd like to request that the BOW verb receive some sort of revamp akin to what CURTSY has had in the past. I'd really love to have the ability to choose between types such as, say, a respectful bow, a formal bow, a low bow, a slight bow, a bow of the head, etc. Curtsy has a few neat options, but the verb really doesn't fit my character's personality--she doesn't even wear a skirt, after all. I've been using SMILE and ACT to get around this and to add a little flavor to her bowing, but it really would be nice to have a set of verbs for this purpose. Really, I would love it if this could be added to the verb list.

Thank you kindly for reading.

-- Naraya Itxaro's player
Re: BOW verb needs revamp, please? 06/11/2008 07:14 AM CDT
I second this.

-Thief Clemency L'Envers
Re: BOW verb needs revamp, please? 06/11/2008 10:31 AM CDT
I've always thought that bow should have emotes similar to what curtsy has. I have a number of chars who simply aren't curtsy-ing types, and it would be nice to have an alternative for them when they're being respectful! ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: BOW verb needs revamp, please? 06/11/2008 01:53 PM CDT
This has been asked for a few times and it would be really nice.

I would also like to throw in the suggestion for a MOCK option in BOW as well, e.g. "Soandso bows to Joe with a small smirk."

Rev. Reene

"Even if you are a 1,000 year old Necrolord who is so steeped in blasphemy that your words cause the ground to shake and the sky to darken, you do not tick off Kssarh." - Armifer
Re: BOW verb needs revamp, please? 06/16/2008 01:00 AM CDT
I support this as well. A slight bow is something my character might do; an actual bow would be something rare. And he is definitely not going to curtsy :-P

Every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible;
Take a last look around while you're alive,
I'm an indestructible Master of War!
~Disturbed: Indestructible, unofficial Barbarian Theme Song.