Verb Verb 09/26/2007 08:12 PM CDT
Hello,

The Verb verb (say that three times real fast) is now live in Platinum.

The Verb verb is a means through which we can efficiently maintain a complete verb list and standardized help system.

Usage:
VERB LIST {letters} - Lists all verbs starting with {letters}
VERB INFO {verb} - Lists information about {verb}

>verb list ba

babble
backstab
bail
balance
bandage
bark
barrage
barter
bash
bask
bawl

>verb list bas

bash
bask

In development we have updated about 60% of the existing help sections and efforts are ongoing to standardize all verbs. They will be released individually once we know the Verb verb is stable.

The HELP verb has been updated to utilize the new format: HELP VERB [VERB_NAME].

As we update the individual verbs more options will become available to players.

Those in Plat who want to get an idea of where we're going with this checkout the new TWIDDLE verb. (VERB LIST TW).

Bugs, comments, suggestions, etc. should be directed to the Social Side of DragonRealms -> Suggestions - Verbs forum.

Thanks!

-Ssra

"There is always a bigger fish."
Re: Verb Verb 09/26/2007 08:17 PM CDT
When the verb are we going to see this in other instances?
Re: Verb Verb 09/26/2007 08:20 PM CDT
<<When the verb are we going to see this in other instances?>>

As soon as Platinum gets a review period and we know it's stable. The verb list contains thousands of entries so I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

This code was ported from GSIV so I don't anticipate any problems.

-Ssra

"There is always a bigger fish."
Re: Verb Verb 09/26/2007 08:20 PM CDT
Yesssss.

<3 to all that helped with this.

Rev. Reene

(Lorzelophia insults the town guardman's ancestry, upbringing and sexual orientation.)
Re: Verb Verb 09/27/2007 09:04 AM CDT
What a great addition! Now I won't have to use out-of-date sites for verb info, once everything is plugged in.

I did try Verb Info (assorted verbs), and was told that there was no information available on the verbs I tried. But I have faith that it was just something still in the works!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Verb Verb 09/29/2007 08:48 PM CDT
I'm ecstatic over this release! This is something I've been hoping would come into the game for a long, long time, especially the HELP VERB <verb> function. This will go a long way towards making DR easier to learn for newbies, and easier to plumb its depths for oldies. I can't wait for it to be released in Prime. Thanks, Ssra and everyone else who worked on it!

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Verb Verb 09/29/2007 09:24 PM CDT
Since I can't try it out yet, quick question... does the help verb thing help you figure out what different verbs look like from other people's perspective?