Crawl 06/18/2002 02:34 AM CDT
ive felt this verb has been needed a long time. It has unlimited RP possabilities. Crawling would be done from a kneeling possition and traveling from one room to another would give a 3 second rt as in dragging something. I cant tell you how many times ive wanted to say 'just crawl away' to my beaten opponent. I also see the possabilities of various 'race sized' areas where we larger folk might have to crawl just to enter.
My two kronars worth...
Re: Crawl 06/18/2002 10:55 AM CDT
Not to mention the RP possibilities for wounded, exhausted, or ill people!

Ryeka
Crawl 07/21/2007 03:31 AM CDT
Imagine the satisfaction of one, and the humiliation of another, as a victorious combatant decrees that this wounded victim leave the area on his hands and knees. Imagine the 'crawl' verb.
Any character that is able to move but is not standing on both feet will 'crawl' in the direction they move in suffering a 5 second roundtime from one room to another. Crawling can cause slight leg injuries up to slight bleeder. When engaged with an enemy, crawling characters may retreat from hostilities but will suffer a 3 second roundtime from melee to pole and from pole to missile range. A crawling opponent cannot advance an enemy. Crawling also excludes leanghty or difficult paths, climbing, dancing, riding mounts, and other such tasks. Crawling in water is called swimming,(Perhaps this could be a command to dog paddle).
Any crawling character will defend all attacks and perform spells as they normally would with respect to their unbalanced/prone condition. Crawling characters would be suseptable to caravan damage as is typical. They can be dragged off to the next room by another with no roundtime if conditions allow.
Other aspects of this verb are the possibilities for game design, as in areas where the taller races would be forced to kneel and crawl to traverse low obstacles and egresses.
The potential to the future of First Aid is undeniable. Any character suffering a broken bone or worse to one or both of their legs or feet will suffer immobility and crawling would be one of the few options for movement. (Perhaps First Aid can grow from this and include a 2 second roundtime for limping when one or more legs are broken or worse. In that senario, crutches could speed up limping and stretchers could allow pairs of weaker helpers to collect overweight casualties from the killing fields.
We must also look at the numerous possibilities for role play. Battlefields would look much more dramatic as the wounded hobble and crawl their broken bodies through the carnage.
Alcohol consumption would grant effects to the drinker depending upon the drinks potential versus the drinkers tolerance. One phase of drunkeness would include immobility where crawling becomes the means of travel.
Some other thoughts of note, Crawling to amplify groveling. Crawling granting a bonus to stealth movement. And even Crawl training in an obstacle course for the military.
I see great possibilities..including groveling enemies beneath my whip.
Xixist