IC Fiction 05/11/2015 11:56 AM CDT
So one of my hobbies is creative writing and I've been meaning to find a creative outlet for some time. If I were to say, write IC fiction for a character, what sort of restrictions does the forum have? Obviously, there are certain topics that are off limits (e.g. rape, sexually explicit content, profanity, etc.) Specifically, I lean towards being descriptive of violent altercations and that's something that will definitely happen in the work.

Also, what is the best format or medium for posting said fiction? I'm thinking of writing something rather lengthy over an extended period of time for my own personal interest and making it available to any interested parties, but I don't want to inundate the forum with forum posts.
Re: IC Fiction 05/11/2015 12:11 PM CDT
Best bet might be to create a blog/site and then simply link your new chapters when you write them.

Then you can demarcate certain chapters as 'NSFW' or tag them with 'contains profanity/sexual content/etc.'.

Plus it means all you have to do is drop the link when you update, rather than dealing with forums editing. Could even put a link to it in your signature.
Re: IC Fiction 05/11/2015 01:45 PM CDT

This forum is rated E for everyone, so unless what you're posting falls within that guide, please don't post it here.

A link to your site may be a better option.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: IC Fiction 05/12/2015 10:34 AM CDT
Fifty Shades of Prydaens Giving Birth Outside the Bank.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: IC Fiction 05/12/2015 10:47 AM CDT

No.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: IC Fiction 05/12/2015 01:46 PM CDT
>>No.

49?

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 08:06 AM CDT

Not even if it was shades of pink, no.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 03:19 PM CDT
<<Not even if it was shades of pink, no.>>

that actually sounds so much dirtier.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 04:17 PM CDT
>>Not even if it was shades of pink, no.

Red, cherry, rose, jam, merlot, garnet, crimson, ruby, scarlet, wine, brick, apple, mahogany, blood, sanguine, berry, currant, blush, candy, lipstick, pink, rose, fuchsia, punch, watermelon, flamingo, rouge, salmon, coral, peach, strawberry, rosewood, lemonade, taffy, bubblegum,, magenta, and nomlas.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 05:50 PM CDT
50 Shades of Squanto. Now available at Barnes and Noble.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 06:49 PM CDT
>50 Shades of Squanto. Now available at Barnes and Noble.

Isn't Barnes and Noble out of business?
Re: IC Fiction 05/13/2015 07:37 PM CDT
Borders is out of business. Barnes & Noble is going strong, like Donkey Kong. My book will improve sales by leaps and bounds.

Re: IC Fiction 05/14/2015 12:50 PM CDT
>>Zamara

I recognize that list..

---
NaOH+HI