Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 08:57 AM CST
1 day 4hours at least Serc. They might actually have something to do in life other than playing dragon realms.
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 09:00 AM CST
"They might actually have something to do in life other than playing dragon realms. "

Nonsense!

-Serc
Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 09:39 AM CST
"What was I thinking?"

Meaning yeah what Serc said.
Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 12/03/2008 09:45 AM CST
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 2nd month of Ka'len the Sea Drake in the year of the Bronze Wyvern, 365.

I think that is 2000. Do I get a medal for putting up with Ragran that long?

I am sorry for your loss Harshon. My thoughts are with you.

Kaity
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 12/03/2008 06:52 PM CST
>>You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 2nd month of Ka'len the Sea Drake in the year of the Bronze Wyvern, 365.
>>I think that is 2000.

Summer 2001. About the time I started playing Kougen and just before he bonded his first wife. (Severed in Summer 2007 after not seeing her for 2 and a half rl years)
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 12/06/2008 08:52 AM CST

<<You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 10th month of Nissa the Maiden in the year of the Emerald Dolphin, 369>>

He hasn't been back for 2 years now. Only thing keeping me from severing is the cost and a lack of a reason. No prospects, no point in spending the money. Even though it DOES go up every time I get a circle.
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 01/01/2009 03:53 AM CST
There are no set ethics in DR relationships, and I'd say that following any sort of standard is not the best idea. Simply make absolutely sure any PLAYER you become involved with knows the intentions of your character for his/hers based on the style of RP you're using for that character.

My current main would be very faithful if he met someone. My previous was a different story, but everyone involved was on the same page with that.

My best advice would be to never take text love very seriously, but always treat the player(s) behind the character(s) with respect and honesty on an OOC level. If you happen to make a RL connection, that's an added bonus.

Other than that, it's all just arpee for our entertainmentz. Do what you want on an IC level and have fun with it.

BTW Gulph, you crack me up. Be sure to check the Kree'la for me in the future, as I'm sure the pirates will still be dropping turnips when I get up to that level again.

XXXXX: Wait... you wear heavy plate, use a shield, and don't steal? Why not just roll a Paladin?
Me: Because I don't think my sudden urges to flip out and kill stuff fit the Paladin mentality very well.
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 03/15/2010 12:41 PM CDT
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 9th month of Dolefaren the Brigantine (ship) in the year of the Crystal Snow Hare, 377.

And he stayed loyal for years, I was gone for 1 year, came back then left again for 2 years. Such a sweetie!

-» Albert Einstein
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 03/15/2010 01:02 PM CDT
Yay for responding to year old threads?
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 03/15/2010 08:29 PM CDT
Halcier's just boring :P

Rev. Reene

>poke eyes
You can't poke the Eyes of the Thirteen.
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 03/19/2010 10:01 PM CDT
I'll show you boring! Time for me to prepare an IC lecture on belly button lint.

Is that a sword? Luxury!
Is that a horse? Sloth!
Is that a helmet? Vanity!
Re: Relationship ethics in an online game when it's time to say goodbye? 03/19/2010 10:51 PM CDT
LOL You tell her Halcier.

BTW, are you coming to Crossing for the Ball? Or am I going stag?

Mialeigh, Triage Strategist of the Order of the White Rose
_________
There are two ways to live your life,
One is as if nothing is a miracle.
The other way is as if everything is.
-» Albert Einstein