Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/28/2008 01:35 PM CST
In game relationships come and go. That's why there are divorces. RP should be that- "role play". Your character should make a decision based on role play of the spouse.

People will always have things come up offline that will prevent them from spending X amount of time in game. I would say compare the RP to actually being married. Would you really want to spend 24/7 with your husband for 50 years?? You should also make sure that both parties understand the RP line of the character they are bonding with. You wouldn't see a ranger sitting in the empath guild day in -day out just to be near a wife.

This sounds quirky being applied to "role play" but as in actual relationships .. Communication is the key.

Kaity
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 06:47 AM CST
I'm gonna hafta go with .. Make the person you RL live with play with you .. force him to bond your very much smaller character and double dare him to text talk to anyone elses female character ... Its great fun and you never EVER hafta worry with the rest of the mess.

Personally I hafta agree with Serc on the how long to wait.. i think anything over 27 hours is just a bit sad.. I mean if my textbased or RL guy didnt make it home in 27 RL hours.. he's out the door and replaced.

Good Luck!
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 06:58 AM CST
Wow, talk about a ball and chain.

I thought Serc was joking. 27 hours? Really? I can think of dozens things that can happen regulary(and do) that would keep a person away from DR for day.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 07:55 AM CST
i think (hope) serc was joking.

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider
____We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves

_____www.idonraiders.com
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 08:49 AM CST
"I can think of dozens things that can happen regulary(and do) that would keep a person away from DR for day."

Yeah. Unbonding after a person goes missing a day is silly. I said a day and 3 hours.

-Serc
Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 12:20 PM CST
>>"I can think of dozens things that can happen regulary(and do) that would keep a person away from DR for day."

>>Yeah. Unbonding after a person goes missing a day is silly. I said a day and 3 hours.

Sadly I can think of someone who has divorced a few IG spouses for being gone only for a few days.

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Queen of Non-Sequitors
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 01:28 PM CST
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 10th month of Nissa the Maiden in the year of the Crystal Snow Hare, 377.
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 01:29 PM CST
Personally I don't think you can stress communication hard enough for this sort of thing. DR is chock full of folks that have different standards, goals, level's of RP and interests. To me as long as two people are on the same page about what they are doing and what they want to do, things are fine. The issue I think I've found is that not only do some folks not communicate with each other I think some folks aren't honest enough with themselves to even know what they want.

Time wise Leucius met Sonjaa in 1999 and they are happy as ever still. Communication is key.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 03:43 PM CST
Just had to reply here

Oh definately , it does not matter if you are in the hospital for almost a week and dying and come back to find your mate with someone else

(scarcasm here)
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 03:46 PM CST
Some of you people scare me a little.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 11/29/2008 04:54 PM CST
>>Some of you people scare me a little.

Pheniks whispers, "I'm not the one that will, just wait for it you snert"
Aidek comes out of hiding.
* Aidek fires a barbed arrow at you. You evade.
The barbed arrow lands nearby!
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 12/02/2008 01:08 PM CST
this thread is a joke right

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 12/02/2008 02:41 PM CST
No joke. 27 hours and you're done bebe.

-Serc
Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 12/02/2008 03:27 PM CST
<<27 hours and you're done bebe.>>

huzzah!

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider
____We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves

_____www.idonraiders.com
Re: Relationship Ethics in an online when it's time to say goodbye? 12/02/2008 10:47 PM CST
You affirmed your vows before the gods in the 10th month of Nissa the Maiden in the year of the Bronze Wyvern, 379.

Not as long as some, but we were together a good while before we decided to bond. She put up with me being away for months at a time, and she had her own spells when she had to take time away. He had a few flirtations/relationships before, but that was their first bonding, and likely his last. His Licuti Carwu is gone now.

Kyarra (Talldear) Feathergrass.

Rest in Peace my love. Harshon misses you.