Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/10/2002 06:59 PM CDT
I remember that you used to be a ble to play two of your characters simultaniously. What happened to that? I try to log onto my second character and the other logs off....
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/10/2002 07:33 PM CDT
you can't play 2 characters from the same account at the same time.

never could.

have to have 2 seperate accounts. :-)
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/10/2002 07:34 PM CDT
The second character would have to be on a second account. Admittedly, that can be pesky.

Ryeka
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/11/2002 12:22 PM CDT
Also you either have to use more than 1 browser to do this or use SGE.

As soon as you log out of the website it will boot your char from the game (does not apply if you 'time out' of the website and go to another acct. In fact if you log in through SGE then and use the same acct on the website and then log off the website it will boot your char from the game (unless they changed that fairly recently).

Veldica
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/11/2002 02:51 PM CDT
The thing is, I know that in the olden days (about three years ago) you could play multiple characters at once because my in game father used to play his warmie, thief, and barb all at the same time. I want to do that!
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/11/2002 02:52 PM CDT
You could always play multiple characters at the same time, just not multiple characters on the same account.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/11/2002 03:37 PM CDT
I think (told by a friend a long while ago) that during the transition to the Web, you could log on through AOL (or whatever ISP you were using) and also through the SGE and play two chars from the same account.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/12/2002 01:36 AM CDT
>>I think (told by a friend a long while ago) that during the transition to the Web, you could log on through AOL (or whatever ISP you were using) and also through the SGE and play two chars from the same account.

Yep you could indeed. :-) Because they weren't on the same account...until you transferred them all to web.

Cetacea's player
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/12/2002 10:21 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure he only had one account. It was platinum, however.....
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/12/2002 10:45 PM CDT
Only way you can play two characters at the same time in plat is to have two accounts with one character on each account.

~Graceann
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 09/23/2002 12:31 PM CDT
>>I think (told by a friend a long while ago) that during the transition to the Web, you could log on through AOL (or whatever ISP you were using) and also through the SGE and play two chars from the same account.

Back in those days, SGE wasn't around. I think. Maybe I just didn't notice it.

Impreceptive as usual,
Kaelh
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 09/30/2002 11:20 AM CDT
It felt like I was playing from the web before it even left AOL. The wizard had just come out..and it was WEIRD. But it is the same thing we use now.. It was also much more helpful. Especially with monsterbold..but eh..I cant remember if SGE is in or not.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 09:01 AM CDT
My question is...how does one go about obtaining a second account as several posters mentioned previously in this thread?

I tried to open a second account using the sign-up sheet on the website and it wouldn't let me. Do you have to call Simu to arrange something?

Why do I want a second account? I really would like to play the sister to my main chara and have the two in the same room at the same time. I always thought that would be fun :-)
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 09:20 AM CDT
>>I tried to open a second account using the sign-up sheet on the website and it wouldn't let me. Do you have to call Simu to arrange something?

If you are trying touse the same Credit Card you will. For some reason Simu has a check in for the same credit card being used.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

Live by the shield, die by the shield.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 02:42 PM CDT
It was a different credit card but with the same name. Maybe they don't let the same person have more than one account?
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 03:08 PM CDT
Best bet would be to call billing. I have two accounts with same name for billing name. Could be that the site was acting up though and you could try again.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

Live by the shield, die by the shield.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 03:16 PM CDT
Yes they do. You DO have to call the billing office and set it up though.

~stabbity,stabbity,stabbity~
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 03:28 PM CDT
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

I'm glad Simu is willing to take our money and let us have more than one account! Now I can pay the extra $12 a month or whatever the price is and get my main chara a real sister! Bops!

I just got a larger flat-panel monitor with plenty of room to tile 2 wizards side by side too :-)
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/15/2003 03:33 PM CDT
I reactivated my second account recently, and you do have to call the billing office if you're wanting to put it on the same card as your first account. You can also set it up to pay for the second account through gifts of adventure if you don't want it on your card.

We must all go through a rite of passage, and it must be physical, it must be painful, and it must leave a mark. -- Capt. Howdy
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/16/2003 09:02 AM CDT
Thank you for the information, I appreciate the help :-)
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 07/29/2004 09:06 AM CDT
I wish you could get some kind of discount for a second account. If there were, I'd do it. All the money that I've spent here over the years makes me want to cry, and Im not about to double my pay rate.

Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 10/05/2004 01:48 PM CDT
<<<Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time.>>>

Brilliant!

Kolasia

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Roleplaying 2 characters at the same time. 10/06/2004 12:38 PM CDT
Brilliant because when they forget to change windows, and the two characters having a heated debate... One suddenly responds to a question he asked the other one, in the same kind of accent the other one would've used.

Then they both get silent and immediately wander off in different directions, eventually winding up in another province.

Good times.

Know the apostrophe.