The Remlanes 02/01/2017 09:29 PM CST
I just wanted to say thanks to Remlane family for engaging me in roleplay. I don't really know what I'm doing but they've kinda endured my ignorant flailing about.

So Synamon, Sendithu and Samsaren and espeacially Maltris, thanks so much for engaging, I really do appreciate it.

Thank you all!
Re: The Remlanes 02/02/2017 06:37 AM CST
The only suggestion I'd make to you in the future is if you are going to attack/kill people while they hunt, it's pathetic form to be PvP closed and attack them while they are PvP open. That "RP" is complete garbage and needs to change. It shows a clear fear of RP retribution from the family you are trying to "RP" with. Even if you were PvP Open, and the timer ran out and you went PvP closed, still pathetic and gaming the system. Hell, you were even RP Heavy, but PvP closed doing that.

I wish the system would change that if you attack someone while closed/guarded, you'd get locked open to the world for a period of time just like when you steal, etc.

PS I don't have any issue with anyone being PvP: closed, open or guarded. I do have issue with people playing policy and hiding from "RP" retribution.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: The Remlanes 02/02/2017 07:07 AM CST
I understand your point. I'm not trying to lead into a combative discussion of ethics but my character proceeded as he was shown. And from a role play stand point only acted as he was invited and had inflicted upon him.

Thanks for weighing in. I'll rectify it if I can.
Re: The Remlanes 02/02/2017 08:17 AM CST
I've never met any of the mentioned characters save Squanto (shockingly pink that one), so I can't speak to their roleplay motivations or the validity or invalidity of such.

Just realize that when you leave the realm of galas and chatting with others about visions or GMNPCs and enter the realm of PvP, you begin working under several more considerations besides roleplay motivation. There is of course policy (already a grey area), but there is also a matter of OOC reputation.

Jumping someone while they hunt while being PvP Closed has happened to me twice, and both time it was by poor excuses for men (or woman) OOCly, one of whom is no longer in the game and another of whom has a reputation of being one of the most insufferable snerts in the game. You don't want to associate yourself with that kind of behavior, especially if you would like to be regarded as a serious roleplayer.
Re: The Remlanes 02/02/2017 06:19 PM CST
I'll add that setting aside policy, if you are willing to display a 'go anywhere' PVP attitude when choosing your battle ground, you should expect to receive it.

Because a lot of players have had 5, 10, 15, 20, years to master the 'grey' areas of policy, weasel consent out of you, then blast you. Going PVP open my potentially expose you to more, but doing guerrilla warfare will expose you to more persistent and disruptive un-wanted-PVP.