Meidori 03/10/2010 06:03 PM CST
Our interaction was brief but I prefer to keep them that way for now. Thank you for an enjoyable encounter without instanteous pew pew, which would have fallen well within reason had you chosen to go that route. I look forward to more interactions.

Sebastienne gracefully dives into the river.

(she wasn't there a moment ago. this made me double take and wince all at the same time. too popular.)

Inquisitor Meidori came out of the river.

(insert lots of towel ringing/rubbing)

You take a step back and run up to the pile of stems. Bringing your foot smashing down onto the pile, you send bits and pieces of debris scattering in every direction. Looking around for the now defunct mountain of glory, you fail to find any signs of its presence.

Meidori puts her towel in her nightsilk handbag.
R>
Meidori glances at you.

You ponder.

The shadowy orb spins slowly as it hovers near Meidori, bathing the area in a fickle silver glow as bolts of light streak over its surface.
>
Your body is continuing to drip water everywhere.

You peer quizzically at Meidori.

[The Marsh, Stone Road]
A large stone bridge that once spanned the expanse of the river here, now lays in ruin. The town of Riverhaven, the bridge's original destination, sits on the other side. Gazing at the town, you notice a haze of brown lingers in the air, no doubt the result of the forges and smoke houses at work. To the southeast, a wall of reeds creeps down from a group of trees into the river and attempts to survive its currents. You also see a pile of stems.
Also here: Inquisitor Meidori who is shrouded in ghostly flames.
Obvious paths: southeast.

Meidori asks you, "Not able to figure out which Immortal to show honor to?"

You say to Meidori, "I tried and was found wanting. I..."

Your body is still soaked.

You shake your head.

Meidori asks, "Has no one shown you the steps?"

You say, "I have...taken too many steps."

You smile slightly.

Meidori says, "I see."

You ask, "Have you pondered what it must be like for a man who jumps from a cliff, Priestess?"

Meidori says, "I can say I have not."

You ask, "Flailing and screaming the whole way down, bitter at his fate he cannot unchoose for himself?"

Meidori says, "I see."

Mossyoak just tickled Meidori, making her laugh.

Mossyoak just went southeast.

You quietly say to Meidori, "My heart failed. I jumped."

Meidori says, "So what you are saying is you chose not to honor the Immortals."

You say, "I..."

You shake your head.

You say, "No I do honor...it screams at me. Behind my eyes. Your aura hurts. I must bid you farewell."

You gracefully dive into the river.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Meidori 03/20/2010 02:53 AM CDT
I second this nomination :)