Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/18/2009 12:11 PM CDT
Since the announcement of the new Court spots, I wanted to share my thoughts on the goings-on.

Firstly, I think the mashup of old and new personalities within the Ilithi Court is going to make for great role-play, and already has. As a player, I think its going to be a riot to see how a person Sebastienne will do in her new spot, where she may have to 'change her ways' a bit to fit in well (it wasn't very long ago when Seb and Landros were at each others throats). A more subtle example would be how the very different personalities of Jairem and Landros will work together towards a common goal within the militia, its going to be great.

Secondly, Malzard. Lately the interaction between Malzard and Landros have been quite fun. As a player, I dont really know much about how moon mages work, from predictions to spells, so running Landros as the ignoramus to all-things-lunar has been both easy and fun, especially when interacting with a Moon Mage who really knows his stuff like Malzard, and Caelumia too. Which brings me to another point

Thirdly, Caelumia. I thought that Tokka card reading thing last night was a riot. With the scuttle between Vethine and Landros and Katralyn, the advice Caelumia gave Landros was just perfect in its timeliness. Even though Landros may not put much stock in it, as I player I just eat that stuff up. Good job.

I know there's a certain group of people who are upset(in an OOC way) about the court appointments but with this type of thing I think you just gatta roll with the punches on these things and just let the mashup enhance how you role-play, and not detract from it(if that makes sense).

tl;dr version: Good job to everyone involved and I think it'll be a ball working with everyone as we go forward.

-Landros
Re: Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/18/2009 03:29 PM CDT
>I know there's a certain group of people who are upset(in an OOC way) about the court appointments but with this type of thing I think you just gatta roll with the punches on these things and just let the mashup enhance how you role-play, and not detract from it(if that makes sense).

It makes me happy to see people post with this type of mature perspective on current events. Cheers to you.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/18/2009 06:10 PM CDT
IC Flavius thinks its rather fishy that Issus was appointed to Court. Some of the newcomers he barely knows, but trusts to the Ferdahl's judgement. OOC I wish I was around more to contribute. Lots of fun stuff going on. Kudo's to Liuri for orchestrating the holiday celebration that I missed.
Re: Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/18/2009 07:36 PM CDT
Thanks for the nod Landros. I'm glad people are enjoying the silly Tokka readings.

Malzie has been my buddy in-game and out for years and he's pretty much Cael's primary competition when it comes to random Moon Mage lore and guild politics. Luckily they are bff instead of bitter rivals and they will probably end up working together a lot against Cael's better judgment.

I'm kind of torn lately on whether or not to remain in Shard, but I have enjoyed some of the RP there lately, even with people who I've butted heads with in the past (hi Landros). Even if I end up leaving (which is looking likely) it's nice to see Shard has changed for the better lately.

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/18/2009 08:32 PM CDT
Thank you Landros, our recent interactions have been particularly enjoyable for me too.

Malzard
Re: Ilithi Court and Co. (longish) 05/19/2009 11:42 AM CDT
>It makes me happy to see people post with this type of mature perspective on current events. Cheers to you.

Personally, I was getting giddy at the thought of a widespread nerd-rage breakdown culminating in a series of Yo Mama jokes. But I guess this will do.