Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/15/2020 12:07 PM CDT
It is to my great sorrow to inform people that the player of Sooth/Daawn/Taffee/Lebra passed away 10 October from pancreatic cancer. I got the email from her daughter and was told she passed away with no pain or discomfort, sleeping mostly in the last week. That is a blessing. She was surrounded by family for the last few months. That is also a blessing. What she did not have is many of her friends in the realms. I am hoping in this posting that those who knew her can send that support to her family who I know must be suffering from the loss. I will be looking for a way to get information on where to say a few words. I’m looking into ways, like this, to let the realms know of her passing, and arrange for her friends to mourn her loss.

PS. I do realize the moderator may move this to another topic. I had looked at that, and the last time anything was posted there was in 2017. The GM that assisted me yesterday sent this to me as a place. Be kind, We have played this game since 1996, and been together as a team since Dec 1997. My only hope is that some one from all those years is around and cares.

Player of Wrensfret/Elatherar
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/15/2020 01:55 PM CDT
I am sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one during this time is so difficult for those that need to mourn.

Try and remember the good, funny, and even the bad times. That is what I believe life is all about.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/15/2020 05:09 PM CDT
She was a great friend and will be missed dearly.

I'll miss going on adventures with her, getting lost, and winding up on a completely different adventure than what we started off on.

Binu
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/15/2020 06:40 PM CDT
She was a good friend I had the pleasure of meeting many many years ago (when she was Sooth). I’m glad she had you and Binu always by her side. She will be greatly missed 💔

Kia
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/15/2020 08:41 PM CDT
Binu provided me with a memorial page. I any of her friends would like to make a comment. https://www.connerbowman.com/obituaries/Jacquelyn-Ankerstjerne/#!/TributeWall
I know the family loved her greatly.
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/16/2020 07:20 AM CDT
I knew Sooth/Daawn, when I was a young cleric. I will light a candle for her. She was a wonderful lady.

Player of Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/16/2020 02:19 PM CDT

Binu brought something that I can add a story too.

Daawn and elant were in the rock trolls. She said I'm going to Crossing to empty out. So, 30 roisean later I get a pigeon. She couldn't find Crossing. My reply was "it's south of where we are, did you go south? could you describe where you are at?" Her answer "a disused brick road" She was out side the crocs to the north. I went and rescued her. After that day, I would tease her about it, saying when you are traveling somewhere take the first step then turn around, your going the wrong way. She found compass instead. I died many times following that compass.
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 10/16/2020 06:44 PM CDT
Daawnn was the rarest of gems, one of the best people I've met here. I've known her and Elan for years now and it was a genuine pleasure to run into her. And by her I mean them, the two were inseparable. I will miss her dearly but am glad she is in a better place.

Every time I would see her, I would ask if she needed any new arrows, she loved to try to shoot her husband whenever she could, Good times.

I will miss her friendship and kindness and my heart goes out to both her family and Elanterar

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Sooth, Daawn, and Taffee 11/20/2020 09:06 AM CST

Heartbreaking news. It's never easy to loose a loved one. Godspeed Daawn.

~ Nivak