A former DR player's passing.. 06/05/2014 09:38 PM CDT
Les Harwell, passed on May 29th,2014..

He played several characters, though most would remember him as Pakales or Coldan the cleric who had a lovely wedding with Sweets back in the 90's..

He was Warmond, or was it Warmand..<ponders> yes, it is true I have a memory like a sieve.. and I had just started playing on AOL when I first met him..I was terrified of hunting, so after 2 weeks of wandering Crossing, I finally asked him if he might show a young rangeress how to hunt..

He was Silqui's first friend, first love, Then as is often the way of elanthia..he became her first hated ex-beau..<chuckles> and then later on when he found he could no longer play, he became a friend I could always count on to pour my heart out to as my RL husband became ill.. He would make me laugh.. and suggest a new way to stay or get healthy..

Mobelia, Whitbuffalo, Silqui and Warmond would go hunting.. and mass murder those evil goblins.. Whooping and howling with each kill, then sharing the spoils evenly.. even if it was only 10 coppers.. each got their fair share.. Those were good times.. and times of learning the beauty of friendship..

Les, Pakales, may your soul rest peacefully in the warmth of your gods love..
You will always be in my heart as one of the best souls..

Lenita aka Silqui/Azurinna
Re: A former DR player's passing.. 06/05/2014 09:43 PM CDT
A very nice tribute, and very sad to hear. Thank you for sharing.

"I only automatically kill players when they're asking for it or it's funny. Or both." ~GM Raesh
Re: A former DR player's passing.. 06/05/2014 10:29 PM CDT
>Les Harwell

Always sad to hear of the passing of one of our fellow DR'ers. I'm not sure I ever met him IG, but all the same, my condolences to all his friends and family. :(

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: bob passed away **** THREAD CLOSED/HIDDEN **** 06/06/2014 11:54 AM CDT
Guys,

This is not the place to give false information about a players passing as I have confirmation otherwise.

It's tasteless, tacky and frankly, despite what kind of DR player/persona you have, I kind of expect better than this. It's not amusing at all, or fair to people who have lost players they are friendly with.
This subforum and the losses to our community subforum work on the honor system, so please don't continue to abuse that or it may be something that gets removed altogether.

~Evike