Prev_page Previous 1 3
First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 11:35 AM CST
In the survivals folder, someone was asking for Gorbesh items. It reminds me of the first weapon I owned that, not knowing better, I thought was SUPER DUPER SWEET.

That item was "a [gorbesh] leather wrapped broadsword". Leather wrapped hilt WOOOOOOOW.

When you were wet behind the ears,what was the first item you owned that you thought was really great, even if it wasn't?
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 12:20 PM CST
>>Darkevilwhatever: When you were wet behind the ears,what was the first item you owned that you thought was really great, even if it wasn't?

In AOL days, gleaming silver armor.

After I returned to the game (effectively as a newbie, since I had to re-learn everything), the ice blade.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 01:25 PM CST
>When you were wet behind the ears,what was the first item you owned that you thought was really great, even if it wasn't?

an all-purpose leaf-patterned survival belt

You are Kasto del'Fawkraste, a Rakash.
Your face is a smooth, glossy grey. Your bottle-nosed snout is full of tiny sharp teeth, and a fine mist of salt-tinged air sprays from a hole in the back of your head as you breathe.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 01:59 PM CST
For me it was my first bow that I made. Really at circle 10 with bow like maybe 20 ranks my bow actually sucked but I was so proud of my first hand-made bow.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow

PS I love the signature one of you had about good friends...thanks it made my day.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 04:02 PM CST
A spidersilk sack. Half the weight of a regular sack!

I literally spent like all my 3 plats on that item.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 04:58 PM CST
I saved up a ton of money from goblins and made my first trip outside Zoluren to go buy an Elven longsword.

- Starlear -
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 04:58 PM CST
A greatsword sheath from Theren.
Racial leathers from Shard for my S'kra Mur.
Juggling balls, before any 24/7 shops had juggling items.

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 05:47 PM CST
a gracefully curved scimitar with a pair of cambrinth wings set in the guard

I had fun having a cambrinth weapon to fight and focus with even if the weapon itself wasn't great, and it makes me look forwards to getting one of the weapon foci someday.

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 06:21 PM CST
>>Elven longsword.

Totally. That and the feature hiding cloaks from Arthe Dale.

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
Lore Developer
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 07:34 PM CST
the "old" slice katar when that shop in shard first opened. Hand Stitched travelers pack (still own). The first Bastard sword... swapable! Nisha Short bow.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 07:52 PM CST
Dyed: matching periwinkle and lavender basties, accompanied with a bright pink claymore. Madigan enjoyed getting cut in half with the claymore.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 08:08 PM CST

>> tap axe
>>You tap a tyrium hurling axe with a crude etching on the blade inside your weapons belt.

>>R> l axe
>>Your axe is emanating a powerful sense of holiness.

>>Two round circles sit alongside a sloppily scratched flask.

When I asked a drunk dwarf to alter my tyrium hurling axe. He asked what I liked. I said naked women and beer. End result: best alteration ever.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/22/2014 08:29 PM CST
lol Uthygoothy.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 01:04 AM CST
broken hee scuffed leather boots. made even more bad ass after a lot of people had the typo fixed. the humanity. still own them.

Vote:
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 04:59 AM CST
I started playing in '06, which is late by most other players' standards. About two weeks in, Malzard dragged me to an event where three alterers showed up. Still lost in the scroll, trying to read everything on the screen, I annoyed the always patient Malzard with whispers of: "Where are we?" "What's going on?" "What's a Snidley?" The GMs must have been reading whispers and took pity on my cluelessness, because my noob was grabbed without warning and dragged into a caravan. After much confusion and palm sweating on my end, they altered my broadsword into something a cleric would be proud of (and I was), even though I wasn't sure what an alteration was or why it was so special.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 07:32 AM CST
Elven longsword. Glad I am not the only one. Next was a kite shield from Theren. Good times. Lost both on the NTR when reavers killed me and no one ever stopped to say, "Oh look, a deader, let's help." That was before I was aware there were travel scripts. Or any scripts for that matter. Or macros. I was a slow learner.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 07:50 AM CST
I loved me some ivory hilted claymore from Theren. Definitely the first thing I "Saved" up for.

Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 08:29 AM CST
Two-fisted marauder's blade

When Shard first was opened (the Gondola opened) and everything in Shard was awe and new and super nice. This item stoud out to me, I played an oddity of a Thief (at least to me, who used two-handed swords), but as a teenage two FISTed -that seemed so awesome- marauder -that made it so much more awesome-, it was just a must have, that I was so proud of owning and using.

I don't still have because I don't have anything from prior to me leaving the game for over a decade and finally coming back in 2009.

Did anyone else constantly try and guess which appraiser descriptors were better then others or worse then others? I'm so happy for the Genie ranking help.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 12:12 PM CST

back in say 97 or so, outside the bank, I finally was able to afford something and got a sabre with a sapphire in the hilt. Miss that toon and sabre. Also that first trip to Theren for the claymore...chills.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 01:17 PM CST
a leaf-blade sword

I was a newb (a bit late to the party as well, joining in 2005), but I found a leaf-blade sword sitting on the ground in frogs outside of Haven. JUST SITTING THERE. I yelled about finding a lot sword for a few days, but never found an owner. Thankfully I also knew enough to tell that I wan't under grave robbing mechanics.

Knowing nothing about the available weapons in NPC shops, I thought my new sword was the bees knees because it had a fancy description while providing me with a second weapon type I could train. Whereas my scimitar was very plain. And the fact that someone would leave such a treasure, made me just squeal in delight whenever I looked at it in my backpack.

Nikpack
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 04:06 PM CST

a glowing fragment:

thought I was super lucky to find a powerful magical artifact Id never seen anyone carrying around, until I hurt myself picking it up.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 04:26 PM CST

flame-etched hanger (from Struans in Steelclaw) with Brightwings Warrior Mage engraving.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 06:01 PM CST
Elven Longsword, GSWP! I remember making runs to get items like this and sell them in Crossing in front of the bank...good times!

My favorite though is my Claymore Sheath. I was lucky enough to grab several lying around without knowing how incredible they were (and still hangs from my belt).

For a long time I cherished my Web key as well, just because I felt that I had earned it, rather than just grabbed it. Unfortunately it was lost in a swamp deader incident that I have blocked from my memory.

Of course my Bard still loves his first instrument, although I have long outgrown it. I still have it gathering dust in a vault.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 07:41 PM CST
<<Elven Longsword, GSWP! I remember making runs to get items like this and sell them in Crossing in front of the bank...good times!>>

1. Go to stone clan: purchase enamel-hilted longswords, visored basinet helms,and dwarven great helms for a few silvers

2. Go to Crossing: Sell them in front of the bank for 2 plat each (a lot in 1998)

3. Profit
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 08:00 PM CST
>>1. Go to stone clan: purchase enamel-hilted longswords, visored basinet helms,and dwarven great helms for a few silvers

>>2. Go to Crossing: Sell them in front of the bank for 2 plat each (a lot in 1998)

>>3. Profit

I did this but hunting fenrae stalkers in undershard for full double leather and selling for 30-50 plat each.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 08:17 PM CST
whatever
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 09:09 PM CST
the web key was cool, i lost it in a croc hunting accident, along with my trailblazers badge. no registering items.... oops. not that they did anything.

Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/23/2014 11:44 PM CST
I love this thread.

Mine was: a bright yellow skirt trimmed with tiny seashells

I was also always envious of some Elven stalking boots. I wanted some so bad!

---
NaOH+HI
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/24/2014 12:23 AM CST

I had a character called Zeffran....so what did i think was the coolest? a ZEF standard issue sabre.

Rifkinn
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/24/2014 06:56 AM CST
Mine's a bit less old than some of yours, but cambrinth prayer beads.

I've had a lot of items I thought were kinda cool, but nothing that just made me stand up and go 'thisisthebestthingeveromgponies!!' in joy.

Possibly an altered cassock (most of the ones at the time were super dark emo 400 word description ones).

I know there was some stuff at the Ice fest I drooled over and really wanted, but couldn't afford (I was a kid, so making money didn't make sense to me).
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/24/2014 10:17 AM CST

I will never forget the falling to my knees and screaming sadness when goblins destroyed my gleaming silver white plate. The echos of my soul crushing scream of abject sadness still can be felt if you listen closely. I still remember the day I snuck into Theren Keep to get them all those decades ago.

The above is an example of why weapons and armor no longer break completely.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/24/2014 10:54 AM CST
Mine was the old seven star empire broadsword.

A discolored broadsword faintly etched with a seven-pointed star is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.
A discolored broadsword faintly etched with a seven-pointed star trains the large edged skill.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
somewhat heavy slice damage
fair impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The discolored broadsword is poorly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the broadsword is fairly balanced and is decently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the discolored broadsword is of average construction, and is in pristine condition.

The discolored broadsword is made with metal.
You are certain that the discolored broadsword weighs exactly 35 stones.
You are certain that the discolored broadsword is worth exactly 3157 Dokoras.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/26/2014 09:03 PM CST

Massive plate armor + Elven longsword + no shield. Sooooo dumb but I thought it was awesome.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/27/2014 01:17 AM CST
Sunhammer once gave Dianelle a milady's cloak. I had no idea it was armor but I thought it was the COOLEST thing ever. She wore it all the time, even doing boxes, which is how I found it out it was armor when acid destroyed it. I cried so hard.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/27/2014 12:34 PM CST
Aldauth scythe blade waay back in the day, I remember saving up like 25 plat for it, which took forever.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/27/2014 12:50 PM CST
>>Aldauth scythe blade

Saved forever for one of these too. I even trained ME just to use it. It's still one of my favorite weapons in DR.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/28/2014 08:19 AM CST

A ruby-hilted broadsword. Crushed when it was stolen, so I bought another and had my initials etched onto the blade. Still have it. Learned the lesson of not taking your most valued weapon while hunting something that could kill you.

That and my bastard sword.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/28/2014 04:03 PM CST

i like simple stuff, my halo is one of those things that no one else has and i only pull out for special occasions and was probably my first really unique item ever.

a battered emerald green halo wrapped with silk orchids

Bent and battered, the gleaming emerald surface peeks out from behind a series of hand crafted pale orchids. Wrapped carefully around the abused halo, the blossoms' stunning white tone distracts from the piece's chips and flaws. Offsetting the mistreated gem halo, masterfully applied folds and twists of the white silk capture the essence of the flowers in their fullest blossom.

it kind of is one of those things that kind of sums up who syn is. =)
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/28/2014 07:37 PM CST

Mine was masamune...I played GSIII and IV and never was able to get my hands on it in that game, came over to DR late 90's found out around 2005sh that there were 2 sister blade masamune weapons and tracked down the "light" aspect one. It was amazing and weighed 160 stones I think, can't remember, just heavy as heck. Then 3.0 rolled through and just made it pretty to look at, an artifact from the past.
Re: First item I owned that I thought was BAD ASS 01/31/2014 06:44 PM CST
Really light carved cane. When someone gave me one that was light and nice stats, I thought that it was so great as a new player. Then my ornate emerald-inset recade and atapwi. I loved any weapon from the wooden shack in Leth.

Abison/Rystien
Prev_page Previous 1 3