Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 02:05 AM CDT
I have heard people talking about old times, and seen a few sites with maybe a few logs here and there. I was wondering if it was possible for DR in the forums or even if someone wanted to make a site, where people could put logs they may have saved of events or even of people just sitting around talking. A lot of the older players are gone now, yet many friends of theirs are still here and sometimes its nice to reminisce. However, not everyone's memories are the best. So I figured a place where people can read logs from times past might be fun to have. It can be logs from a month ago to even 10 years ago if anyone still has those. Its just a thought.

Re: Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 02:27 AM CDT
I feel like Elanthipedia houses those in some cases, though I'm not in a position to say for sure if that's something they'd want to keep doing or how to organize it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 03:57 AM CDT
We're more than happy to host logs. Ya know, once the site is back up. [mutter]

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 11:20 AM CDT
If its a money thing I'm be happy to pay for it in perpetuity as long as I have exclusive control and the site is converted into a NOFX/Descendents fan page.
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 11:37 AM CDT

I stumbled across a log not long ago about a wonderfully fun battle in the Cleric's guild when Chill Spirit was the kiss of death...that would be fun to have shared somewhere.
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/03/2013 01:25 PM CDT

The Wren's Nest houses encounters in an in character format. www.wrensnesttavern.com

I strongly encourage you to take those logs of your experiences and write there. You can search the site and you'll find tons of stories from the encounters of DR past, good and bad.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/08/2013 10:00 PM CDT
I have a hard copy of the wedding between Dulcinea and Holbart- at least, I think those two. I'll have to reread it. That was hilarious!

Player of Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Speaking of Memories 10/09/2013 04:58 AM CDT
Does anyone have a log of when Totenus was outed as a necromancer? I was talking with someone regarding older conflicts and they told me that one of the best ones they remembered was when a character named Totenus was found to be a necromancer and that he was the first one to go public. It sounds like an interesting read so if anyone has that log or anything and wants to post it, that would be great. Thanks.

Re: Speaking of Memories 10/09/2013 08:34 PM CDT
I've probably got it saved somewhere. I'll search for it some time in the near future. If not, I can always ask the original player of Totenus. He was the first on many things regarding the guild. For me, he is and always will be the standard by which other necro PCs will/should be measured. Ignifera is a close second. If you need a model for how being a necromancer is done well, there you go. (I'll admit that I'm bias, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who will agree.)