Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 04:15 PM CDT
OOC:

I'm recently back, after a 10-ish year absence. Oh how I wish now that I had not given away every item I had before I left! Soo much has changed, and its nice to see some things are still the same after all this time! I wonder though if anyone else from back in the day is still around..under new names perhaps? My characters were Nireenya (elf warrior mage), and Asuadra (elf empath). I was hoping that perhaps since I am back, maybe some of my old friends are too.

Has anyone seen or heard anything from: Daython, Giselda, Travail, Barchus, Summerr, Aylr (gosh that could be a dislexic mispell, could have been Alyr)...forgive me if I forgotten your name here, the synapses are still working on reconnecting :) I would love to hear from you! I'll check back here in a few days in hopes someone remembers.

Thanks so much!
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 07:45 PM CDT
>Daython

While he might have come back under an assumed identity...heh...last I heard his player had some RL issues that made playing problematic and was going to take an indefinate leave. This was right at the start of the Outcast war, so...2003...2004? Somewhere in there I think.

Good luck reconnecting!
Kythryn
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 07:50 PM CDT
None of those names seem familiar to myself, been somewhat verily involved with people, and have welcomed back many others... some people just start brand new characters.

Of course I am not the most knowledgable, and somewhat new player. Still try to reconnect, you could try to gweth a little for contacting the people and hope that the players might bite and say hi at least in an OOC fashion in game, and maybe some roleplaying and new friendships will develop from there (IG). Or heck new player to player friendships are cool too.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 09:40 PM CDT
I remember Travail really well, we used to hop around in swamp trolls way back. Unfortunately in the many times I've been back and gone and back again I don't recall ever seeing him around. The other names didn't ring a bell for me, except Summer - but I only knew her from reputation, sorry. Your War Mage name sounds a bit familiar to me as well so maybe you remember Rambliin - the Skra cleric who thought he was a cow.
Anyways, hope you're having fun getting back into the swing of things, and feel free to look me up if you're ever in the mood to sit around some rocking chairs whittling canes and talking about the good ol' days. (They weren't nearly as good as they are now though.)

-Rambliin

Your spirit is weakened beyond its ability to sustain your body!

A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry looking your way for the moment, before most quickly run off in fear.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 11:12 PM CDT
Yeah, I thought Daython had some kind of degenerative eye disorder where he couldn't play much anymore, but then I read he's still playing as a different character? Dunno.

I don't think this is personal information for him, since he posted it on these boards before he took his leave.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/01/2010 11:41 PM CDT
Wow I haven't heard the name Sumner since I was playing my warmie Tych like 11 years ago. Firesom and Sumner were the top of the food chain at level 25 back then. Unfortunately I haven't heard from either in about as many years.

Welcome back!

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/02/2010 08:23 AM CDT
I remember all those names and your old character's name as well. You must have spent a lot of time in Haven. I don't think I've seen any of them around in a really long time. Summerr and her flame red cat. I think she died like 5 times a day. There's still some old timers left, good luck with searching them out, and welcome back.

player of Dazalia
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/02/2010 10:17 AM CDT
ooc:

>All
I'm tickled that there are players still around from back in the day! I admit I didn't hold out much hope, after all its been nearly a decade. Good news! I've managed to work with a very kind Simutronic's rep to get my old account and characters restored...mostly naked, lost, and broke ...but they're there! I'm so thankful to all who have responded with updated news and well wishes. I look forward to connecting with you all and reconnecting with those I have missed or knew way back when. So much to learn and relearn! Have pity if you catch me in game and I stutter, stumble, and generally make a fool of myself as I try and make my way around the system again. Huzzah!

>Kythryn, Glemm
Thank you both for your response regarding Daython (he was Nireenya's older brother) I'm truly saddened to hear about his situation, he had a passion for DR that transcended many, and an infectiously positive attitude. I wish him all the best and will miss his presence greatly. I'm grateful to you for filling me in.

>Shadow7988
Great advice indeed, and the kind I very much intend to follow! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

>Drevid
Yes, ....right! Fire and SumSum :) Forces to be reckoned with and hearts of pure gold. You (and Daz) are so right!...I remember her being slain multiple times, daily...always gave me a giggle...she had a way of constantly pushing that envelope. I'll miss them. Thank you for your post and warm welcome!

>Rambliin and Dazalia
<jaw drop> Oh my gosh! YES! I absolutely remember the both of you! Haven was my favorite hang-out...it was a much more quiet and tight-knit group of players up there, and where most of the people I knew would mingle. I remember the guard tower on the east side being my favorite place to just "be". I'm so excited you are both still here, and dumbfounded but pleased that my characters left a (hopefully good) memory. I will definitely get a hold of a gweth from somewhere and see if I can't track you both down to catch up on old times. <huge hugs!>

-Player of (the recently restored...woo hoo!) Nireenya, and Asuadra.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/02/2010 02:19 PM CDT
Welcome back! I'm always glad to see someone returning to DR. Hope you have fun, and don't get overburdened by all the changes!

-=Issus=-
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/02/2010 03:33 PM CDT
be sure to check elanthepedia to get an idea on how many of the systems have changed and to catch up on things. welcome back and good luck to you.

-player of schvartzgonif and a bunch of others-

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/03/2010 12:23 AM CDT
i will gwethsmash you if you ask OOC questions or I feel like it. Welcome back
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/03/2010 10:46 PM CDT
Welcome back! I think you will find Haven still the tight knit group. For the most part...folks up there are happy to help out...see Cirissa the trader for stuff. She has many boxes of free stuff and if any of your characters are in the novice category, the Order of Dragon Shield hold monthy novice auctions where stuff is sold on the cheap to fit poor novices.

Take your time and don't get overwhelmed. I found I was becoming becoming overwhelmed after I came and I was only gone for half a year.

Training has gotten a lot easier. On the whole, skills are easier to learn after the experience change. So you can rejoice that you don't have to spend hours doing your selected skill.

Death has lost it's sting. No one will walk the Starry Road, even with no favors. Though the gods might exact more experience loss than normal. Type depart help in game to get a hint of what of to do.

I usually spend my time down in Shard as my views aren't that welcome in Zoluren and Therengia. But should you see me and my wolf, feel free to talk to me and I will be happy to be your friend. Lucky doesn't bite either (he's my pack mate wolf).

The advice about Elanthipedia is a great one. Also read the recent GM announcements if you can stomach it.

Hugs and best wishes.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky who howls a big greeting
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/05/2010 08:05 PM CDT
It's been ages since I've seen Travail, Summerr or Barchus. I used to love going gem selling with Barchus and trying sell silver bars. It was great. I miss him a lot. Daython I haven't seen in forever, but I knew his other character, who unfortunately left not too long ago.

Tish
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/12/2010 03:49 PM CDT
Hey There!

I too, came back a few years ago after a then 9 or 10 year hiatus. I used to be Sofyia, and hung with Nambel, Tepan, Tomit, Galastarr, Aislin, Periwinkle and several others I dont remember the names of.

It's really fun coming back to a game so familiar and amazes me how so many old timers are coming back.

Welcome back and enjoy!

~Player of Catrynnya~
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/12/2010 03:54 PM CDT
Welcome back!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/12/2010 07:27 PM CDT
>hung with Nambel

I miss Nambel. He was a poster child for why people thought we needed so much DR policy. He opened moon gates at the Northeast Gate into Leucros (a death sentence for people back then) when "go gate" took you through a moon gate. He made rogue gates in Goblins before they were a death sentence for the moonie and the critters ripped through the hunters there.

In short, he was the original comedic hazer that bore no one ill will. I doubt he's still around but if he is I'd love to catch up.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 07/12/2010 08:10 PM CDT
I miss the tourneys he held, those were great fun!

Miv

I will paper cut you to death with my awesome ranger TM!
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/25/2010 06:22 AM CDT
Wow Dazalia is still around? I thought you sold like 10 years ago?
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/29/2010 05:09 PM CDT
Anyone remember or know what happened to Shapeshifter, Burlock, or Deathsmyte? I remember when Shapeshifter and Tirsten always fought for the #1 Trader spot.

You won't get a silly quote from me!
-Me
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/29/2010 05:15 PM CDT
I remember Shapeshifter and Deathsmyte. No idea what ever happened to them. I assumed Shapeshifter eventually moved on after being the first person to win DR.

Ogdaro
From the chrysalis's manifold and disparate streams of consciousness, you infer that, upon maturing, it will claim its makers as its first sacrifices to the All-Seeing.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/29/2010 05:31 PM CDT
Burlock! He was my favorite Dwarb- even when he was flailing and saying, "Nae a dwarb!". He made me laugh a lot, but he was a great fellow to spend time with too.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/29/2010 05:37 PM CDT
Shapeshifter has been gone a long, LONG time. Probably well over 10 years. I think he was already gone before I even started playing a Trader

Apu
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 09/29/2010 06:03 PM CDT
I was inquiring because Burlock used to be my best bud evah! Deathsmyte was actually my first character for 3 years, back when DR was a noob (but awesome!) game. I left for EQ when it first came out and gave my account to Burlock. I've been back in DR for about 4 or so years now after a 10 year leave of absence. Tried to get Deathsmyte back but billing kept telling me that the account is still active so I finally gave up. I was hoping it was Burlock that still had the account and would eventually come back, but no luck so far.

Anyhoo, some really great memories of old.

You won't get a silly quote from me!
-Me
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 10/02/2010 06:27 PM CDT
Speaking of, I was gone from Prime for about 7 years or so and lost track of a lot of people.

Anyone know if Postorius, Kortny, Chastain, or Nightbleed are around anymore? Or Vision and Bobbybooshay in TF? We started a group together over there a few years back and I was curious if it was still around.

IM me at Terrible715.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 10/02/2010 07:05 PM CDT
Kortny left some time ago. I can't say about any of the others.

Re: Searching for Old Friends... 10/02/2010 08:14 PM CDT
<<Or Vision and Bobbybooshay in TF?>>

It seems like Vision has been gone for about a year or so. Bobby was missing from TF the second time I was there I think a couple years ago. But someone from TF could give more accurate info.

Kaxis

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you thrust a peach knife at a sky giant. A sky giant fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow.
Re: Searching for Old Friends... 10/03/2010 07:02 AM CDT
the original bobbybooshay sold from what i heard. He helped me figure out many of the scripts i still use. <since i'm not on genie.> was a good guy.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Searching for Old Friends... 10/03/2010 03:27 PM CDT
Kortny left a long time ago, but came back for a few months last year. After a few months, though, he left again, not sure why.

-=Issus=-