My Hero 07/27/2002 01:47 AM CDT
Eric Zoha.. whose dreams, passion and sacrifice made this crazy mixed up world touch so many lives and gain a foothold in our hearts.

Slainte!

~Kyrrian, et al.
My Hero.... 05/02/2003 10:03 AM CDT
I know he's just going to loooove my sentimentality, but here goes.

I've had a lot of friends help me in life, and it's been so many years that the name of the my first heroes, the empath/trader husband wife who first took me to Wolf Clan to buy me new armor and later weapons (who I've always tried to emulate), has faded into distant memory, but I've thanked them before over and over again, and thru the same actions for other new people several times.

This time I'm going to give thanks to the next most influential person in my life. I have a true love and respect for the ranger guild, but I doubt anyone knows it sprouted from one man. Rejik. Boy was my life troubled when I met Rejik. I still had issues surrounding the lost of my only husband, I'd even walked, I'd lost much of the passion and fun loving spirit I had as a bard. I was bored, superficial, happily stuck at 12th circle and even becoming virtually uncaring to those I didn't already know.

So why is he my hero? Well, he's a ranger, so my at times, definitely antisocial nature was not a problem for him one bit. He didn't care if he was always training towards the next circle (there isn't a weapon he doesn't know) so in his... 40s? at the time, he would track me down and hunt with me, be it trolls or reavers! And he has dragged me out of danger in Aesry, in Theren, and all around Zoluren, even if he had to come fetch my corpse because I snuck off hunting without him.

He bought me my first tanned shield and forged armor, his reply when I thanked him? "I bought it for me! I won't have to fetch your corpse as often!"

It was him that taught me to hunt more effectively and to at least pay attention to my survival skills. He softened my demeanor and eventually made me downright helpful. All with no prompting, nothing but his example.

He's been gone some time, and I didn't realize how much I had missed him until we ended up hunting yesterday. It's been a long time since I would hunt until internals forced me to get healed (because I'd run out of herbs), get healed and turn around and go hunting again! And I nearly immediately went out to train the last skill I needed (and I'd needed it for weeks mind you) to circle the day he got back, when he casually asked if I'd been socializing, or if I managed to learn anything! I think some people never realize or severely underestimate their influence, so...

THANKS REJIK!

Kudos to the ranger guild!

and,

Welcome home!

Joli
Re: My Hero.... 05/02/2003 10:57 AM CDT
ah, Rejik has always been a nice person, glad to see ya come back Rejik.

Eowen
''Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.''
Elbert Hubbard
Re: My Hero.... 05/02/2003 02:02 PM CDT
Rejik! Yes he is a good guy, long time no see old chum!

:)

I'll catch you in game sometime hopefully.
Re: My Hero.... 07/12/2003 11:52 AM CDT
Yes, I agree here also, he's an outstanding friend. Even if he does web me all the time :)

Epol
The Turning of the Tide is upon us.