Old Days 02/20/2017 12:12 PM CST
A thread was moved here from Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players < Goodbye to Staff.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Old Days 02/08/2017 09:03 PM CST
I just rediscovered the Realms after being away for... 18 years!? Remembering Lauri and Brandewynn who seem to have left when this forum was started. Anyone still around from way back then (1997-99)? I had to add a letter to my character name, my email account from then is long gone, so I guess no getting the old character back, especially after this long. I am amazed and impressed that DR is still going, and looks to have remained true to its origins. Anyway, happy Ranging to those who are gone, and hi to all you youngsters.

-Valorath that Was.
Re: Old Days 02/08/2017 09:47 PM CST

Contact billing. If you have the security answer then there's a good chance you can get the character back.
Re: Old Days 02/08/2017 10:50 PM CST
< Anyone still around from way back then (1997-99)?

There are quite a few of us folks still playing that have played on and off since the late 90's
Re: Old Days 02/09/2017 12:00 AM CST
Count me as one of those. My main from back then and my main now are both pre-web characters. I ended up quitting around 2001 and started up again in 2013. It was quite an adjustment! If you have any questions, feel free to seek me out. I know how rough it can be re-learning everything, and would be more than happy to help you out.

- Saragos
Re: Old Days 02/09/2017 02:58 PM CST

Even a small handful of us Trailblazers still around... Though I think most of us have moved onto newer characters.
Re: Old Days 02/09/2017 11:28 PM CST
Still a trailblazer I wish I had my badge still.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Old Days 02/10/2017 01:30 AM CST
Not quite a trailblazer but i started in 99 and have played a lot of characters since. We're a weird family but I appreciate you all. <3.
Re: Old Days 02/10/2017 11:58 AM CST

Fair amount of old Rangers still kicking around. Don't hesitate to ask questions as there have been a lot of changes.

The wiki is a great resource for getting up to speed.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page

Jalika
Re: Old Days 02/14/2017 09:36 PM CST

I just came back, too. Original character from 95, I believe, ranger from 99 or 2000 - Feysy, at your service. :D
Re: Old Days 02/14/2017 09:58 PM CST
Welcome back, both of you.
Re: Old Days 02/20/2017 08:20 AM CST
Thanks for all the replies. I went to the account recovery page and policy said 90 days away gets purged. I guess it won't hurt to try though.
It is definitely a challenge re-learning everything. I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get to the Ranger Guild grove. A reminder that the detailed text is there for a reason. ::rolleyes
Just working on the basics for now. Getting interface setup is a big part of it.
Re: Old Days 02/20/2017 10:15 AM CST

Och, I know how you feel! Let me know if you need a helping hand. I just got back, myself, so am no expert - but at least I know how confusing it is!

Feysy
Re: Old Days 02/20/2017 12:27 PM CST
I don't know if you've tried this, but you might want to try and contact billing (either billing@simutronics.com or calling 1-636-925-3172). They can help recover old accounts, especially if you know key information such as the answer to the accounts secret question. Again, this is why you should never share this information with anyone since it's what we use to identify owners.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Old Days 02/20/2017 12:52 PM CST
Valorath is back! I emailed transfers@simutronics.com. One reply later and I was up and running. Sadly, I had given away everything when I left, so Poor Val had only a jerkin and a pair of breeches - not even a pack! I headed to the bank, 6 gold, then figured I would check the vault just in case. Paid rent (5k is a bargain for 20 years' rent!) and there were a traveler's and journey pack. But... all that was in them was a web key (appears to be decorative / interacitve event trinket of some sort) and a dagger. And some frothy pink stuff (forget what that was about).

Circle 16, so a good bit of skills, but I remembered him being more legendary :) Will probably stick with him and make a nice set of leathers. I hit the guild weapons rack and ironically took the Walnut Longbow I had just put there yesterday from my new character. Probably best to have to build back up so I learn what I am doing instead of just being a high powered dummy!

See you all in the Realms!
Re: Old Days 02/20/2017 06:01 PM CST
Welcome back, and glad you got your old character sorted. I too started playing way back in '96, though I didn't really get going until '97. ;)

A lot of us are old timers returning at one point or another, so you're in good company. Good luck!

- Navesi