I quit 07/30/2016 09:56 AM CDT
DR is engaged in a price war with the customer base. I could afford to participate, but I don't want to. The guilds I have an affection for are simply neglected.

The only thing which keeps me anchored in the game, invested in the game, is the community. The forums are the major part of that because of how wide spread and thin the playerbase is.

But lately the boards have simply become a haven for people who troll and argue for the same of making the most paper thin pedantic arguments. I feel like I could say that water is wet and they'd disagree then call me a hacker and a troll.

I'm tired. I'm tired of the drama, the lack of design, the lack of development, the eternally escalating price gouging. And the only thing that was keeping me interested has become so rampagingly toxic I don't have the time or the energy to do this any more.
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 10:27 AM CDT
Hey, man, I suggest just stepping back from the forums. All the other stuff you enjoyed doing you still can with 0 microtransactions. I definitely enjoy chatting with you and hope maybe you'll just step back and look at this situation differently.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 12:11 PM CDT

I want to echo Squanto. Take a step back from the forums and twitter and other OOC announcements for a bit. The game is still the game. If you still need a break then you do. We've all "quit" at least a half-dozen times by now, and the game is likely to still be here if you change your mind.

One more thing. You're probably referencing my recent remarks in your thread, but please understand that none of those were intended to be trollish.
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 06:43 PM CDT
I'll consider it. Life's been stressful lately. Maybe I just had a mini meltdown. Sorry for the stupid drama.
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 07:51 PM CDT
We're all silly nerds around here, and it happens, especially when life is throwing crap at us. I hope you feel better.
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 08:12 PM CDT

Speak for yourself ... wait, yeah nerd here, too. Drama happens.

Perhaps a step back from the forums would make your playing time more enjoyable?

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: I quit 07/30/2016 08:17 PM CDT
I love you, you naughty naughty gopher.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: I quit 07/31/2016 01:02 AM CDT
That really got out of control fast. Someone pour me another drink.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html