Loss in the DR Family 06/24/2016 06:42 PM CDT
The Realms have lost a great soul. It is with great saddness that I share that the player of Razzer Ma'tazz has passed on. Once more information becomes available, it will be shared.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/24/2016 06:45 PM CDT
A great loss, and a good man. I am saddened beyond words. Condolences to his family and all who were touched by him in the game and out.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/24/2016 06:47 PM CDT
Oh that's tremendously heartbreaking, Razzer was always a joy to interact with and will be very missed.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/24/2016 09:07 PM CDT

Very sorry to read this. Always was a hell of a good time to interact with, didn't know the player just the character. Always seemed positive and engaging.

To their friends and family, my sincere condolences for their loss.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 12:40 AM CDT
One of the first friends I made in DR and always the most fun. He will be greatly missed.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 01:27 AM CDT
I'm saddened to hear it, the Bards guild will miss him.

-Derivan
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 06:58 AM CDT
I thought I just saw him the other day, Man. A terrible loss, my condolences go out to his friends and family.

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 07:53 AM CDT
He was one of the nicest, friendliest, and most welcoming guys I ever met in this game. He is a one of a kind irreplaceable dude. You'll be missed greatly, sir.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 08:50 AM CDT
He really was friendly and fun to interact with! He made DR better for having been there. I didn't know him past his character, but want to convey condolences to those that did. Peace to his family and friends outside our small world.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/25/2016 10:22 AM CDT
This is what I know of him after many years of talking with him both ingame and out. If you ever interacted with Razzer, you also interacted with his player Glen. He was that sincere and genuine. Roleplay was never that vital to him, having fun and helping other people have fun and feel important was his focus.

This is a man that always had a moment for you, no matter who you were or what you wanted to talk about. His sense of humor was fantastic and he strongly believed in the power of laughter to make things better, even if just a small degree. He also strongly believed in giving people second, third, twenty chances. He believed everyone had a good side to them and he seemed to honestly love everyone. He faced his pains and illnesses head on and was one that raged against the dying of the light. He lived a long and full life, served in our military and was very proud to be a veteran.

He was a founder of ODS and loved to show off his founder pendant as he told stories of the early days. He was one of our GOM in ODS. That stands for Grumpy Old Men though they are anything but grumpy.
I imagine him now hanging out with Leo [Darkskye] and JD [Thundrek/Boobuh] and it brings a smile to my face.
I'm going to miss him terribly.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/26/2016 10:39 PM CDT
Razzer was one of the Great Ones.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/28/2016 02:21 PM CDT

Salute. A good friend and greatly missed.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/29/2016 02:29 PM CDT
Glen Backstrom's Razzer's Final Expenses

I urge all of you to take a look at the link below. It give's some insight into Razzer that some of us in DR may not have known about him and a way to remember him by helping him walk the "Starry Road".

https://www.gofundme.com/2bnh3m4

Share this with other's in our community please.

Dave
Player of Klurn
Re: Loss in the DR Family 06/29/2016 06:53 PM CDT
It is really great to see people helping out like this...Glen certainly deserves his final spot.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 07/10/2016 05:56 AM CDT
Yes he was. Even surprised me once in a while with a gem pouch to sell; he told me once he was notoriously lazy.

My condolences to his family.

Balkinar (and pals)
Re: Loss in the DR Family 07/14/2016 06:24 PM CDT

:( I always checked for him when passing through town. What a major loss.
Re: Loss in the DR Family 07/22/2016 03:09 PM CDT

He was a great person always seeking to help with a patient, generous, and gentle hand. We shared stories of old times in the realms and chatted about the changes. He was always intelligent, positive, and supportive. His sense of humor made even the worst days better. Now he walks the starry path. May his bright soul bring light to the darkness. Rest in peace.

Naturn