Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 03:53 PM CDT
lo...

I've decided that the criminal element of elanthia should muster every now and again, run through a city and make it clear that we are conducting a raid that is mostly concerned with player-on-player robbery with a high degree of role-playing (from the thieves).

This should occur once or twice a month. And it should result in higher levels of anxiety within the urban and sub-urban (local hunting areas) domiciled demographic.

Each month or so we shall select a new city to raid. You shall become famous. Your glory will be beyond your wildest imagines. And the wealth! The treasure! Well, it'll probably suck. Bur, nonetheless.

This is a call to all thieves. Interested in being part of thief raids? Feel like some adventure? Wanna do something new and wonderful?

email me. i'll create an email string and we can sorta talk about it. and when we feel like, we can swarm down on any particular city like the Huns...or locusts...or the meazles. And beyond grand events anytime someone wants to get together with another thief for some evil doings, the string will have a life of its own. You can just send out a request for a small raiding party, etc.

my email: assassinragran@yahoo.com
or call: 1-800-swi-nger

:oP Ragran
Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 04:11 PM CDT
I say we setup some guards for these raids. Anyone interested?

Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 04:21 PM CDT
If I was about 30 circles Higher, I'd so be in Rag-a-muffin.

Rie ('rE)
Player of Anjalie
AIM: IAmPoppet
Character Portrait: http://www.geocities.com/riej82/anja.jpg
Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 04:22 PM CDT
I think its a great idea. Unfortunately, you'd have to have some sort of selection process to pick appropriate people who wont cry foul and report when they're killed for participating in it - even if they weren't actually caught stealing.

If you weed out the whiny cry babies I think it could be a lot of fun for both sides.

- Player of Foresee
Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 04:51 PM CDT
Rags,

I emailed you.. likely it will end up in your junk drawer on Yahoo.

The subject line is: Raiding Parties on 10/27/2006 3:53:26 PM .

Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 06:17 PM CDT
This is a consent disaster waiting to happen.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>Bunnies. I enjoy kick them into the local lake, somewhat near my apartment. The more innocent the bunny looks, the harder I kick. This pleases me greatly to observe them suffer. - Simon
Re: Raiding Parties 10/27/2006 10:20 PM CDT
Consent disaster or no, I'm thinking this sounds like it could be real entertaining. I keep looking for you (Rags) but we are never ig at the same time. Have some commitment man! You cant be the greatest criminal in the realms if youre never there....

"If good and evil could talk to eachother, what would they say?" -Ted Dekker
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 05:47 AM CDT
Firstly, no need to be competent to be in a raiding party. Just have a desire to be a raider that is going to stick only to the criminal act of stealing and announcing that this is a raid. If you can hide, steal, and fail the steal, you're fine. If you can't get out of the way of someone snap shooting you and are smited, as raiders often are, laugh and think of yourself as a fallen raider. I'll get you healed and raised....since noone else will want to help;)

Just be willing to have fun, develop a rep for being a criminal, and not being in it to live through it. This will be a chance to really rp AND be a badguy....and stuff.

[foresee]
no selection process needed. on the string, then IG before the raid ill explain things. Then it's up to them. Its a game. We should be allowed to play it.

This is a consent disaster waiting to happen.

consent...consent...consent. If we had a statistic i bet that is the single most posted word. That and report, of course.

The thieves will know that they are only to steal. If someone advnaces them, they can kill them. If someone shoots at them and they survive? The shooter has taken his life into his own hands. We can't NOT RP because it might cause someone to break the rules. The game would really really stink then. Lets try to take a more expansive view when we use our noodles to play then game, shall we? Otherwise the game just won't be any fun for anyone.

I keep looking for you (Rags)

I haven't been on as much. i'm really busy at work again. And im so beat at night im going out with people to decompress. I'll be around this weekend.

Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 11:52 AM CDT
I'm sorry, I really should have been clearer. I think this sounds like a great idea, in principle. I just see it going badly, quickly, but perhaps I don't have enough faith in the average joe DR player.

>Bunnies. I enjoy kick them into the local lake, somewhat near my apartment. The more innocent the bunny looks, the harder I kick. This pleases me greatly to observe them suffer. - Simon
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 01:17 PM CDT
I see Rags and crew all dead within an anlas.

Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 01:41 PM CDT
>>I'm sorry, I really should have been clearer. I think this sounds like a great idea, in principle. I just see it going badly, quickly, but perhaps I don't have enough faith in the average joe DR player.

>>~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor

Pretty much sums up my opinion as well. I just don't have that level of faith in most of the DR players.

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
Winston Churchill

Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 02:25 PM CDT
Consent aside < although it can be an issue in something like this>. Are you prepared to take the consequences when the local goverment drops the big hammer of justice on you either through the exsisting justice sysytem , GMPC guards or other methods?

GM Quarel Veryan P-2 Events/Event Team.
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 02:30 PM CDT
<<Its a game. We should be allowed to play it.

Oh I agree. As I said before, this sounds like it could be great fun. I would just hate to see policy playing ruin it.

- Player of Foresee
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 02:45 PM CDT
And then.....there is GM Quarel's rather pointed point. :grin:

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
Winston Churchill

Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 03:47 PM CDT
For the sake of some honest to god good time role playing adventure then heck yeah Id take the lashes, death, inprisonment, beheading, heck Id even consent to allowing my character be force fed the prince's cooking! death is a trival thing, its what favors are for.

Rie ('rE)
Player of Anjalie
AIM: IAmPoppet
Character Portrait: http://www.geocities.com/riej82/anja.jpg
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 06:37 PM CDT
what if death includes dying in a cell.. with your corpse left there.. and you can't get out, or back into the cell.. to get yer stuff..

Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 06:39 PM CDT
Than you win Dragonrealms.

- Simon

RU RDY 4 8-0?
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 08:38 PM CDT
Then you'd be Korsik

~Arwinia

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.
Re: Raiding Parties 10/28/2006 10:50 PM CDT
>>For the sake of some honest to god good time role playing adventure then heck yeah Id take the lashes, death, inprisonment, beheading, heck Id even consent to allowing my character be force fed the prince's cooking! death is a trival thing, its what favors are for.

How far would you go? You imply you wouldn't be down with something seriously inconvenient like banishment, which theoretically could prevent you from accessing things like vaults, banks, shops, or even guildhalls (and by extension, maybe destroying your chances at gaining certain abilities)--not to mention things like events. I happen to have seen this develop in another game and most everyone was honest-to-goodness really eager to see such banishment happen and then were like "Whoa, seriously not cool, man!" when they found out there were real mechanical limitations imposed on them.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 01:13 AM CDT
Sounds fun, I look forward to being mugged. :)

~Entyy
Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 04:31 AM CST
>Are you prepared to take the consequences when the local goverment drops the big hammer of justice on you either through the exsisting justice sysytem , GMPC guards or other methods?

If the consequences remain IC for IC behavior and there is no GM 'magic bullet/end event/funky mechanic' type consequences, then absolutely. Even the GMs should get to have some fun at the expense of people who will likely die at least once and know that when signing up.

Not that death is the ultimate punishment, but within current consent policy for PvP, it is the standard by which conflicts (even event based conflicts) are resolved.
Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 06:13 AM CST
I see Rags and crew all dead within an anlas.

heh

Are you prepared to take the consequences when the local goverment drops the big hammer of justice on you either through the exsisting justice sysytem , GMPC guards or other methods?

Its all part of the fun.

To date, i've been formally exhiled from riverhaven by the provincial guard and tigron, formally banished from shard by the greys (2 seperate times - each resulting in multiple killings upon visiting during each of the banishments - or was it one looong banishment?), in crossing two representatives of the thief guild visited me and announced that i am no longer welcome in the city. They essentially ran me out of crossing. And a couple of weeks ago, after trying to tingle a sword away from the chief provincial guard, i was almost "deported" as he put it. I think I got off pretty lucky on that one.

On dying in jail: While in haven, the thief guild, never actually ran me out (they left that to tigron and the provincial guard), killed me in my prison cell like 10 different times, then, at that point a captive audience, made me listen to lectures about how im not in the guild, and im bringing too much attention to them. I explained that i'm innocent. They didn't believe me.

How far would you go? You imply you wouldn't be down with something seriously inconvenient like banishment, which theoretically could prevent you from accessing things like vaults, banks, shops, or even guildhalls (and by extension, maybe destroying your chances at gaining certain abilities)--not to mention things like events.

Always such a pleasure to hear from. Go rp go! Oh wait i think you were just being negative....again.

I would characterize the results of my shenanigans as facilitating the majority of my fun in this game. As long as GMs are keeping with the spirit of things (which often includes dragging my dead face over splintery wooden flooring) it's a ton of fun.

P.S. email assassinragran@yahoo.com
Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 06:42 AM CST
>and there is no GM 'magic bullet/end event/funky mechanic' type consequences

That's the rub now ain't it? Most of the actions I've heard about or seen don't have skill checks, or when you do manage to "pass" a check, the check is back in a flash with an extra 600 perception and evasion.

Then again, what do I know.

Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 11:36 AM CST
Go for it Rag. I hate "you" and your thiefly antics, but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to do 'em. I shall enjoy watching your wanted poster expand to multiple pages.

Magic's Death Caraamon Majerye,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Raiding Parties 10/29/2006 12:41 PM CST
Hell, go for it. Those big cities are too quiet, calm and pastural for my taste... It's been a long long time since Siltoth actually feared to walk around with coin and took extra measure to protect it. I just think that ingame it shows that the thief guild is weak as an organization (no offense ment, just observation). I mean, crossing... for a center place for people from circle one to high circles... it really is too safe.

Siltoth

Stealer of Silvy's Hugs

Burhup says, "I still havn't thought of a good present for a theif"
You say to Burhup, "a Get out of jail free scroll"
Re: Raiding Parties 10/30/2006 01:54 AM CST
>> Are you prepared to take the consequences when the local goverment drops the big hammer of justice on you either through the exsisting justice sysytem , GMPC guards or other methods?

Let's assume a player fully agrees to having appropriate IC consequences levied on their character.

That still doesn't do anything about the problem of reporting, unless a GM is willing to waive the whiney "harassment" or "unconsented" or (especially) "disruptive behavior" reports that occur during the course of a player-run event of this nature, assuming nothing extraordinary happens that would warrent them.

Until player-to-GM agreements become some kind of contract of this nature I'm afraid I won't be participating in any kind of organized horseplay out of sheer fear of losing access to my account for being "disruptive."

I wish it wasn't this way.

Rev. Reene

"It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it." - Jane Eyre, Ch. 12
Re: Raiding Parties 12/30/2006 01:23 PM CST
As an aside, this is doable with the right sort of organisation. Ragrans big issue here that I see is the choice to do the whole event IC. That forces a bunch of wild card factors that make this sort of thing much harder.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Raiding Parties 05/19/2007 08:37 PM CDT
What ever happened with these?