Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 03:23 PM CST
I would like to know of anyone that plays as a Mountain Elf, whether faithful to the Queen or not.

Please e-mail sortik@play.net, preferably with some sort of back story. Thanks.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 03:38 PM CST
Uhh...How detailed a backstory are you looking for?

I don't want to send you a miniature novel if all you're looking for is a summary.

Rev. Reene, player of a few

Reene: hey you should play this with me
Zairius: last time I fell for that line
Zairius: I ended up in DR
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 03:42 PM CST
I have some of the requirements of what you're looking for... um?

So,Huldah was ranting. He was all "OMG THOSE TRADERS AND THEIR MAGIC, NERF THEM ZOMG!" And I was like "...no, they need to nerf thief magic. OBVIOUSLY." and he was like "oh, good point." and I was like "yeah."
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 05:36 PM CST
>>Uhh...How detailed a backstory are you looking for?

A back story is not necessarily required, though I wouldn't mind reading through a good novel. The more I know about people from the start, the less I have to learn - and I have to know a lot before I can begin to consider whether or not I can speak to anyone about anything in particular.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 08:23 PM CST
Considering since anything anyone sends you from here would be OOC knoweldge, you might want to consider if it's you, as the player, that wants to know these things, or something that your character would ask in order to develop themselves.

If you have just general Mountain Elf questions, the Elves folder is a good spot for those.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 08:36 PM CST
I would like someone to talk to IG about Mountain Elf things. There doesn't seem to be too many "known" ones around.

Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 09:01 PM CST
Shard might be a good place to look.. considering it's the same region and all.

Asking around also does wonders. :D

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Mountain Elves 12/19/2005 10:18 PM CST
>>Considering since anything anyone sends you from here would be OOC knoweldge, you might want to consider if it's you, as the player, that wants to know these things, or something that your character would ask in order to develop themselves.

Which is precisely why I am not requesting that -everyone- send me all the details of their lives if they want to send anything at all.

It goes without saying that someone could catch wind that someone may or may not be a Mountain Elf, and thus, anyone that contacts me will be approached in game. If I think they'll be more interesting due to what -I- already know, they'll be approached more quickly. I really don't think that's OOC, all things considered, since I'm only going to act on what my character knows (meaning if people are less willing to reveal things in game, my character will know less than me still, and I am rather used to operating under these conditions).

Take note that I have posted in "Finding Someone To Roleplay a Plot".

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Mountain Elves 12/20/2005 06:48 AM CST
See Fierolan. He plays a mountain elf, and is good at it.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mountain Elves 12/20/2005 07:51 AM CST
>>See Fierolan. He plays a mountain elf, and is good at it.

Indeed he is, but I'm looking to expand from the half a dozen Mountain Elves with which I already interact to, well, the rest of them. Hopefully, along the way, I'll find some good established characters and some who are looking to develop.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Mountain Elves 12/21/2005 12:05 AM CST
>It goes without saying that someone could catch wind that someone may or may not be a Mountain Elf, and thus, anyone that contacts me will be approached in game.

Since they'll be contacting you, and not your character, that'd be OOC.

If people come up to your charcter, because of a post on the boards, that'd be OOC.

Perhaps I'm more strict on my RP rules than most ::shrugs:: But anyway, good luck.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Mountain Elves 12/21/2005 12:22 AM CST
>Since they'll be contacting you, and not your character, that'd be OOC.

There is nothing wrong with using an OOC method (these forums, email, etc.) to coordinate IC roleplaying opportunities. If Player 1 and Player 2 agree that their characters will happen to bump into each other in such and such a place, I don't see anything OOC about it, as long as there is a valid IC reason that they might both happen to be there, and they roleplay it as though they have never met before.

>If people come up to your charcter, because of a post on the boards, that'd be OOC. Perhaps I'm more strict on my RP rules than most ::shrugs:: But anyway, good luck.

Don't you post on the Prydaen boards telling people when and where you'll be hanging out so other Prydaens know where to find you? Not trying to be snarky or anything, but I don't see a difference.

http://www.clawandfang.com
Re: Mountain Elves 12/24/2005 01:27 AM CST
If this "plot" of yours is to be starting sometime around the end of February, I'd more than gladly succumb myself to your whims. Of course, Krahas will need to finish out his current little fiasco, which unfortunately is a bit hard while I'm out in the middle of the ocean. I also can't promise that his perspective on whatever it is you desire will be positive, considering he already is annoyed with the concept of associating himself with the likes of a people that cast him out. They had their reasons, yes, but even so. And if I remember correctly, Xelten and Krahas had previously met, and the conversation between the two was contemptual. Regardless, it should be fun. If you'd like to know about Krahas, when Xelten has his little interactions with Caelumia, I'm sure his name will come up. Good old Cael.

<3 for the Reene.
Re: Mountain Elves 12/24/2005 11:00 AM CST
Good to see you around again, Krahas-player.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Mountain Elves 12/24/2005 11:58 AM CST
Ah, Krahas. I remembered you, of course, and your name was already on my list.

It is good to see some "interesting" characters returning.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Mountain Elves 01/31/2006 09:23 AM CST
Years ago an Elven Society named the Silver Tears met in Leth Derial for record, purpose and making of history of Elves. Most every aspect of Elven history was represented by at least one Elf at the council meetings. Recently I've returned from distant shores, so I can't say if they still meet there.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
Re: Mountain Elves 02/06/2006 03:55 PM CST
Sadly, the Order of Silver Tears has been inactive for some time now. Many of its members may be found scattered throughout the realms, though.

-Fierolan's player