If I may make a suggestion... 02/08/2004 09:48 AM CST
Yes, prydaen and dwarves can have rakash children together... In a family...

Ahh, the joys of adoption!

So now all the 'THAT'S NOT RP!!!!121@' types can relax and their RP world won't crumble to the foundation.

And all the 'But we really DID have this child!' types can just not say it's a biological child, but one they received just after birth and had been raising as their own.

Then the poor rakash who's been thrown between a family who wants him/her, and a world who just refuses to accept his/her parents really ARE his/her parents, can move on with his/her life.

End of story!
Game over man!
Re: If I may make a suggestion... 02/08/2004 06:33 PM CST
Ewww a Prydaen marrying a dwarf <shudders> leads me to wonder which one is more hairy...

The Merc.
Re: If I may make a suggestion... 02/11/2004 04:19 AM CST
>>>Yes, prydaen and dwarves can have rakash children together... In a family...

>>>Then the poor rakash who's been thrown between a family who wants him/her, and a world who just refuses to accept his/her parents really ARE his/her parents, can move on with his/her life.

Actually, this really wouldn't happen. Rakash are all about family, and would never force one of their own out. Might find a Rakash baby that had their entire family killed off by some unforseen disaster and then some (insert other race[s]) couple coming along and rescuing the poor tyke, but once the pack heard about it, they'd come rushing to that family's doorstep.

Might be a bit of interesting RP to do it like that, too. Argue over visitation rights and making sure the kid knows about their heritage so that first moonskin doesn't completely freak the kiddo out and so on. (If it does so in the first place. I'm not a Rakash player, so I wouldn't know.)

Now a married coming across a Prydaen kit being orphaned, that's a different story. I could see that one happening.

And I definately agree... Prydaen and dwarf does not a happy couple make. Seen it happen once, too. Went from bonded to unbonded very quickly.

Again, the rules are there for all to read. As Syrath said, we don't have real freeform capabilities in this world. We have some general guidelines, as well as more detailed guidelines for each race.

Stay between the lines.

Amagaim: the player of,

Insanity not required
We provide training.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: If I may make a suggestion... 02/11/2004 08:04 AM CST
>>>Yes, prydaen and dwarves can have rakash children together... In a family...

Certainly they can... if they have a Rakash concubine.

>>>Then the poor rakash who's been thrown between a family who wants him/her, and a world who just refuses to accept his/her parents really ARE his/her parents, can move on with his/her life.

>Actually, this really wouldn't happen. Rakash are all about family, and would never force one of their own out. Might find a Rakash baby that had their entire family killed off by some unforseen disaster and then some (insert other race[s]) couple coming along and rescuing the poor tyke, but once the pack heard about it, they'd come rushing to that family's doorstep.

While I agree with the above statement, I could see it happening in desperate cases, ie. where the whole family and pack has been slaughtered.

>making sure the kid knows about their heritage so that first moonskin doesn't completely freak the kiddo out and so on.

It has been speculated that we change even in the womb and certainly from birth on, so that wouldn't freak the cub out.

Bambina

>I really wasn't going to charge anyone for raising. Just expect them to be polite and well-mannered. But even THAT suggestion was met with a lot of antagonism from the heathen end. ~Sorenne
Re: If I may make a suggestion... 02/12/2004 02:53 AM CST
>>>It has been speculated that we change even in the womb and certainly from birth on, so that wouldn't freak the cub out.

Thanks for the clarification on that one. Maybe I should read the Rakash boards more often so I can pick up on some of this trivia.

Amagaim: the player of,

Insanity not required
We provide training.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan