Seeking... 03/06/2008 10:35 PM CST
I'm looking for at LEAST one more Forest Elf. In particular, one willing to be connected in their background to a royal or high-ranking noble house is vital. One of the following types of character would be extremely welcome:

matriarch or other leader of the house
chamberlain
close friend of the family being charged with mentorship
any blood relative

Also, if your character can be charismatic and convince someone of the importance of certain things that would be a great help. Please IM me at RangerRaltir or e-mail me through play.net
Re: Seeking... 03/07/2008 09:00 AM CST
If you are successfully pulling together an RP family or group for some good rp idea - props. We need more motivated people.

I just hope you arent a reporting snert. That would be a disappointment.

:oP Ragran
Re: Seeking... 03/07/2008 12:35 PM CST
>If you are successfully pulling together an RP family or group for some good rp idea - props. We need more motivated people.

Somewhat successfully. Still working on it. Hopefully we can start soon. I do have players for most of the important characters to the story elements involving my character. Not all, though. Specifically, I am still looking for someone as I described above.

>I just hope you arent a reporting snert. That would be a disappointment.

It sounds like you're saying people set out to cause you greif and annoyance by provoking you and then reporting you for an appropriate response. Don't they get in trouble with the GMs for that? I'm pretty sure it's against policy.

Though, based on one of your previous responses in another topic it wouldn't surprise me if you were the one that set out to cause them greif and annoyance and they reported you for succeeding. I could easily have just gotten a bad first impression of you, though. I certainly don't claim to know you well.

As for me, you needn't worry. I have no desire to see anyone upset with their role in this story. I want everyone to enjoy themselves. This is a game, after all. I also have no intention of provoking anyone, or reporting anyone that I have intentionally provoked for appropriate responses.
Re: Seeking... 03/07/2008 12:39 PM CST
>> It sounds like you're saying people set out to cause you greif and annoyance by provoking you and then reporting you for an appropriate response. Don't they get in trouble with the GMs for that? I'm pretty sure it's against policy.

No, it's not.

Rev. Reene

John: Boys, petty theft, assault, battery, breaking and entering, assault with a deadly computer peripheral, misdemeanor vandalism and loitering.
John: And those are just the things I think you did this weekend.
Re: Seeking... 03/07/2008 05:52 PM CST
Upon further review, it seems you're right. The policy page says this:

>ABUSIVE AND DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR
>DragonRealms is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player, may be in violation of DragonRealms policy. This section explains the types of situations which are considered to be abusive behavior.

The section doesn't specify the situation we're discussing, though. Maybe this should change. Either they could specify the situation, or (to be more thourough) change the "may be" to an "is", and "explains the types" to "gives some examples". I really don't think the GMs should let people get away with this kind of stuff.
Re: Seeking... 03/08/2008 04:24 PM CST
<<it wouldn't surprise me if you were the one that set out to cause them greif and annoyance and they reported you for succeeding>>

Its easy to get a bad first, middle and last impression of me. But I dont grief. Ragran is a badguy however, so he doesn't inspire a lot of good feelings.

:oP Ragran
Re: Seeking... 03/08/2008 09:10 PM CST
The problem with putting "is" instead of "may be" in the Disruptive Behavior policy is it's very hard to infer intent. How do we know if a particular action "is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player?"

There are certainly people who would claim anyone who typed "steal [playercharacter]" was out to lessen people's enjoyment. Same with THUMP or any other conflict-oriented interaction. I do agree that the policy would be better explained as "some examples" than "the types," though.

And to make this more on topic:
Playing people related to nobles is always a bit tricky. Have you talked with the Events team yet about what you want to do? Perhaps posting some more information about the plot/specifics related to the nobles would get you a few more interested parties.

Want to feel pretty, oh so pretty?
http://enchantress.leika.googlepages.com/home
Character customization through shifts, alterations, and custom enchantments!
Re: Seeking... 03/08/2008 10:35 PM CST
>The problem with putting "is" instead of "may be" in the Disruptive Behavior policy is it's very hard to infer intent. How do we know if a particular action "is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player?"

I didn't say this would make policy more clear cut and easier to correctly enforce. It would just make it better in my opinion. It seems like policy is already subjectively enforced, so the change would just make the GMs difficulty in making decisions harder. I admit this could be considered a downside to the change I proposed.

>Playing people related to nobles is always a bit tricky. Have you talked with the Events team yet about what you want to do? Perhaps posting some more information about the plot/specifics related to the nobles would get you a few more interested parties.

I don't care to what degree the royal/noble house of Forest Elves is recognized by the rulers of the 5 provinces, or any IG governing bodies. This is just a part of a character's background story. I haven't e-mailed dr-events@play.net. I may eventually, if I can't find some more players. I don't want to get into plot specifics publically, but please e-mail me if you have any possible interest in joining the story.
Re: Seeking... 03/09/2008 09:00 AM CDT
It's not exactly easy to have interest in something if you don't know what's going on.

If you email me some details I might be interested in making an Elf for you. Just hit my play.net address.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
Badtooth slips an ice pick in his spidersilk garter, tightening the ribbons securely below his knee.
>gasp bad
You gasp at Badtooth!
>wave shade
You fan yourself.
Re: Seeking... 03/09/2008 12:13 PM CDT
Something tells me there won't be any Queen's Wedding packages involved for the other participants.

Rev. Reene

John: Boys, petty theft, assault, battery, breaking and entering, assault with a deadly computer peripheral, misdemeanor vandalism and loitering.
John: And those are just the things I think you did this weekend.
Re: Seeking... 03/09/2008 01:28 PM CDT
Hah... if you need a Prydaen, send me an email with the details; I can see if mine fits the bill.

---
You say, "Ya know... I really wish I could learn mech lore by lopping something's head off"
Re: Seeking... 03/09/2008 01:55 PM CDT
Just a reminder. My AIM is RangerRaltir, and you can e-mail me at my play.net.