Looking for someone to play a Prydaen daughter. 05/03/2006 02:30 AM CDT
Greetings, Everyone.

I didn't get the chance to post an update after my last post, but we did receive a lot of interested inquiries and I wanted to thank everyone who replied. We have a great player running my son, Murrael, so keep an eye out for him in game.

At the end of my last post, I'd advertised that we would be interested in a player soon for our daughter. She's now 4 years old in game, and thanks to the antics of sibling rivalry, we're thinking it would be quite fun to have her brought to life by a player as well.

We're looking for a roleplayer who enjoys to play kids. A lot of the same stipulations apply from my post regarding her brother - the player must be willing to start a new character, adopt the child's name, background and personality, and take at least a moderate interest in Prydaen culture and family activities. We would prefer someone interested in becoming a moon mage, but who has no existing characters in that guild already.

As a child, she has a know-it-all personality, is more of a silent observer than a trouble-maker, but still has her mischievous side (as all children will) and enjoys puzzles and mysteries. She tends to inadvertantly be a pain to her brother, since she's forever wanting to tag along, play with his toys or snag his attention - and she isn't afraid of tattling. Though their differences often mean a lot of squabbles and tantrums, family comes first and they care for each other a lot.

As an adult, she'll grow into a graceful woman with a serene personality and witty sense of humor, but a powerful mage and warrior in her own right. She's the daughter of a barbarian and a warrior mage, and a Prydaen at that, so hunting will be a second nature to her, even if her first love is of the stars and moons. Strong emphasis in telekenisis and targeted lunar magic will be encouraged, as well as perception, hiding/stalking and brawling.

More information will be provided to any interested players. Feel free to contact me on AIM at DRFayeza or email at fcb205@yahoo.com. Also contact Vinjince if I'm not around to be reached, at Vinjince00 on AIM or vinjince81@yahoo.com.

~ Fayeza Alcalem

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." -- Kahlil Gibran
Re: Looking for someone to play a Prydaen daughter. 05/09/2006 09:49 AM CDT
Now I'm not trying to nitpick. I'm just curious. But a four year old little girl isn't going to be ready to join a guild(I'd say until at least 10, maybe more like 14 or 15-There is a reason the character generator won't let you roll really young characters.) As for hunting, I admit I don't know alot about Prydaen, but four seems a little young for hunting. At least until she's older and in the company of adults. So when you're talking about how she's acting. Do you mean how she's going to grow over time to join the guild and love to hunt or are you expecting the person to get her started on the guild...etc...right away?
Re: Looking for someone to play a Prydaen daughter. 05/09/2006 05:43 PM CDT
Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear. She won't be joining a guild until age 13 or 14 at least, since that's the typical time Prydaens are said to undergo their rite of adulthood. So, until then, she'd be basically just socializing or training non-combat skills. But, as she grows, that's the progression we hope her personality will take. (There's some existing background on this, including a prediction, which is why we're putting some attention towards her future personality.)

Hope that cleared up any questions.

~ Fayeza.

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." -- Kahlil Gibran
Re: Looking for someone to play a Prydaen daughter. 05/10/2006 11:18 AM CDT
> She won't be joining a guild until age 13 or 14 at least, since that's the typical time Prydaens are said to undergo their rite of adulthood.

The only issue you will have is getting the character to be 4 years old in game. If you start a character, and say they are 4, doesn't much matter since the character generator typically does not begin prydaens below 19/20. all of my prydaen characters have been over 20 when leaving character gen. If premie, you can choose lowest age, but that does not mean you are able to choose 4, it means you can choose to start said prydaen at the youngest age allowable in the range (I believe 19, but I may be wrong).

If you choose to ignore the character's real age, well, game mechanics won't allow appearance to be ignore. There will still be messaging stating:

> She is a [bird-catcher|hyena-hunter|etc] for a prydaen.

Which gives away person's IG age. If you are going to Roleplay per year of individual's IG life, you will be waiting approximately 4 RL years for the child to be of age to come out of the OOC character generator at the right age.

Seems FAR too complex. Maybe you should have her shifted by some amazing Empathic guru by 10-15 years, so as to speed up the complexities.

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

Souv says, "Annael should have been commended for her knifing empaths"

A white-eyed snow goblin reaches Raudhan's severed arm over one shoulder and uses the limb's dead fingers to scratch its back.
Re: Looking for someone to play a Prydaen daughter. 05/10/2006 11:52 PM CDT
Not to worry, we've already thought of those problems and have a possible solution lined up that is similar to your last suggestion there. We'll work on the complexity of it with the person who gets picked to play her.

Yes, this is a character for someone who enjoys playing children. She'll be a child for at least the next 2 years or so. Perhaps I made too strong a point of the hunting bit in my original post, as this particular character will be growing into that slowly given her current age.

Also, for a premie, I believe the lowest age is actually 15 for a Prydaen.

~ Fayeza