Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/01/2005 12:21 AM CST
I saw someone look for a brother, but his requirements were a little off. I have some too. Get back to me at email Gunsnipe@aol.com or AIM Gunsnipe. Here they are.

Race: Human.
Skin: From Pale to Tanned.
Circle: Preferably above 10. ( So that I know they stick around. )

Get back to me. Bye.
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/02/2005 10:11 PM CST
When will people learn?
You CAN'T adopt siblings!

If you want a brother or a sister, get your parents to adopt them.

If you don't have parents, get yourself adopted by THEIR parents.

Do it right.
-Markhor
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/03/2005 08:45 AM CST
Can so. This is a world where adoptions are not registered. Someone is my brother or sister if we agree to be siblings.

If you have to put things in real world terms: people swear oaths of sisterhood or brotherhood, join organizations where they speak of each other as brothers and sisters, talk about how their best friend is the brother or sister they never had and then go on to act as if such a person was a real sibling, and then there is that childish ritual of becoming a blood brother or sister. I can keep going, but I do hope you got the point.

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breazes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/03/2005 10:39 AM CST
Yeah, don't be so literal.
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/09/2005 07:42 AM CST
Also, a lot of the people posting here "looking for a brother" are just looking for someone to RP a sibling that was always part of their backstory. I know Surisa posted a while ago about wanting someone to play her older brother as a character. She'd always RPed Surisa as having a brother, they just hadn't seen each other in a long time.
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/13/2005 09:19 PM CST
Yeah, Surisa's history seems pretty interesting and well thought-out. I actually seriously considered applying for the brother role myself since I had a character meeting the appearance requirements, but unfortunately he was low-level and it would have taken forever to get him trained up properly. I'm rather surprised Surisa still hasn't found anyone, actually. It sounds like such a fun role.

~Kizriel the Obscure's person
Re: Looking for a Brother. ( Or Sister ) 02/15/2005 12:17 AM CST
Actually, I don't care what circle the character is. And I did find someone... but he's been sucked back into World of Warcraft lately, which makes me sad... If he doesn't come back to the land of DR soon, I might have to replace him, which would make me even MORE sad. <sigh>

~ Surisa Molier ~
~ ODS Council Scribe ~

P.S.
Thanks about the story. <grin> It's one of my favorites out of all the character histories I've written over the years.

Visit us at http://www.orderofthedragonshield.com