Re: S.T.O.P. 03/18/2018 01:39 AM CDT
>I don't want to tell you how to post, but you might want to focus less on having a board dialect and more on remembering what you initially wrote.<

I think all you care about is wording and forums and not the actual game.

>You previously wrote about how you don't really always want to engage/roleplay with other players. Assuming you're not the only one who feels that way, that's a strong reason to highlight why DragonRealms needs more than expanded roleplay opportunities, including an examination of how the mechanics behind the game also works.<

The game has worked fine for many many years. I always engage in roleplay. When I have I ever said that pureblade, by logging in I'm engaging in roleplay you are just reiterating how much you don't care about the game. You're to concerned with the forums and rebuttals than actual gameplay. Unlike myself I am concerned with gameplay and roleplaying. Tell me where I said I don't like to roleplay. I roleplay with the best of them you make yourself sound more ridiculous every time you post in my opinion, quit beating a dead horse. Nothing you can say or do will matter to me because I am always right in my mind when I speak eet. Also ask yourself who is most talked about in game. Is eet you? NO! hence no roleplay. Is eet me? Well I am dang sure talked about alot. Call eet wah you want but I call that roleplay.

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "
Re: S.T.O.P. **Thread Moved to this Folder** 03/18/2018 05:06 AM CDT
Hi,

This thread had been moved here because it mutated into conflicts posting, and will now serve as a one-stop conflicts thread for any conflicts with other posters about AFK scripting discussions going on elsewhere on the forums.

Enjoy!

-Persida
Re: S.T.O.P. 03/18/2018 09:22 AM CDT
>>I always engage in roleplay.

Do you think any of the players really believe that your "eets" and the thin veneer of crap you put up is actually roleplay?

You should keep writing up these little roleplaying manifestos though, otherwise the GMs might realize you're only here to cause problems and be disruptive. Then your general antics and use of mechanics abuse might catch up to you.
Re: S.T.O.P. 03/18/2018 12:14 PM CDT
>Do you think any of the players really believe that your "eets" and the thin veneer of crap you put up is actually roleplay?<

How is eet not? Just because you don't roleplay the same as me. What is the definition of roleplay.

Definition of role-play
transitive verb
1 : to act out the role of
2 : to represent in action

So I may not be a genius but you sure don't sound like one if you say I don't role-play. If the definition of this verb from the websters dictionary is ERP. Then I am the perfect example of true RP.

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "
Re: S.T.O.P. 03/18/2018 12:52 PM CDT
Forum Rules and Policies

7. Consider good grammar and punctuation. Messages that are vague or incoherent often invite an unkind response, plus, it's hard for people to help you if they can't understand you.

It used to be in the rules & policies about how the only RPing to be done here on the boards was in its specific folder, but I'm too danged tired & sick to go digging in the Simu TOC &/or ROC aka Rules of Conduct to find it. Or its been removed.

Either way, the boards have always been considered OOC & nonRPing (again unless its the rp folder) so someone calling you on your lousy use of "eet" as a replacement for the proper english of "it" is to be expected. It gets old real quick. For the life of me I cant remember who the dude was that used to post on the boards here in really lousy "rp" accent, and he always got upset when people called him on it here. It was impossible the majority of the time to understand him.

Your thoughts might get more respect if you posted in a OOC nonRPing (in your mind) way on the forums here, again with the exception of the RPing folder.

But whatever, knowing how you rp your character IG & then basically acting the same way on here, this doesnt surprise me at all.

As for the original topic of AFK scripting, is it good or not for DR after all these years, well, I was tossing about the idea on discord about instead of doing bannes do a timeout sort of aspect. I think of it this way, when I was a kid we got spanked for being "bad", some call it corporal punishment. Parents nowadays put their kids in "timeout" when they are bad.
When DR started the GMs used corporal punishment after the 2nd time (or 3rd, I only got hit once for falling asleep while teaching a clas so I got a the timeout room & my home learning turned off) but folks nowadays want a "kind gentler" DR. So timeout of 24 hrs & read policy for the 1st time, 48 hrs & again read policy for the 2nd time, 3rd a week, 4th a lockout. You have to keep paying for your acct while in timeout so someone cant just have their acct shut down for a month & expect that the time burned off while they slid by.

My times are just ideas, maybe be 48, a week then a month then perm lockout if 24, 48, a week are too short.

One could say its a "kinder gentler" DR, and not as likely to chase away folks, I mean who wants to toss $15/40/60 a month into the trash but if you do I'll send my paypal acct, you can give me the money :)
Re: S.T.O.P. 03/18/2018 01:37 PM CDT
>7. Consider good grammar and punctuation. Messages that are vague or incoherent often invite an unkind response, plus, it's hard for people to help you if they can't understand you.<

I am pretty sure eet does not apply to that rule I have been saying eet for a very long time and won't change that now for the benefit of making you think you know more than me. Also, eet is very understandable on my intentions. Last but not least on this topic that rule is in place for a completely different reason. Mostly, people making fun of other cultures etc and using slang that could be racist so let's not even go there buddy.

>But whatever, knowing how you rp your character IG & then basically acting the same way on here, this doesnt surprise me at all.<

Yea you are still losing me on this one. Sounds like you're too invested into dissecting "Fahijeck". I would advise to focus on yourself and maybe that will help put your mind at ease.

>As for the original topic of AFK scripting, is it good or not for DR after all these years, well, I was tossing about the idea on discord about instead of doing bannes do a timeout sort of aspect. I think of it this way, when I was a kid we got spanked for being "bad", some call it corporal punishment. Parents nowadays put their kids in "timeout" when they are bad. <

Also Mr. technical you don't even know how to spell bans. "bannes" eet is so funny when someone tries to be all technical and then makes himself look like an idiot.

Re: S.T.O.P. 03/19/2018 06:15 PM CDT
>>The game has worked fine for many many years.

It also changed many many times during those many many years, and I see those changes having a net positive effect. You're free to argue otherwise, but once again I feel you'd have your work cut out for you if you feel wall ranks, frozen and tired but alert, and Zoha crits were good for the game's experience.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: S.T.O.P. 03/22/2018 11:31 PM CDT
>It also changed many many times during those many many years, and I see those changes having a net positive effect. You're free to argue otherwise, but once again I feel you'd have your work cut out for you if you feel wall ranks, frozen and tired but alert, and Zoha crits were good for the game's experience.<

Are you telling me wall ranks don't exist or that they were made less and integrated in a diff way? Why do I say this. You know some of those ranks you sit on for a week and then rank two times in a couple days is why same amount of hours.

Re: S.T.O.P. 03/23/2018 10:51 AM CDT
>>Are you telling me wall ranks don't exist or that they were made less and integrated in a diff way?

Yes

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: S.T.O.P. 04/03/2018 01:27 AM CDT
>yes<

settle

Re: S.T.O.P. 08/13/2018 06:45 PM CDT
You know you aren't more mature if you don't conflict - you're just boring.

Don't be boring.

Conflict.