Town Surveys 01/18/2019 04:32 PM CST
Dear Sir/Madam,

In the days ahead, myself and several associates will be surveying towns across the mainland to choose a place that we desire to designate as a sanctuary for our kind. We will be taking note of the activity, assessing possible wealth generated by the various shops, interviewing the locals, observing resources, and determining the most suitable constructions from which our many thrones will reside.

You may circulate this letter so that all may be informed of our intent. I welcome conversation with the Land Herald should he choose to workup the nerve to approach me with questions.

Defiler Mortifer Pretorian

P.S. Consider some cleaning and additional preparations of your town to make them more attractive to myself and my associates. The future of the selected town is full of much promise and wealth, take the time to prepare yours accordingly.
Re: Town Surveys 01/20/2019 04:42 AM CST
A singular, central location in the Crossing, where the Necromancer's letter flutters against a post, bears a notice tacked just beneath.

Defiler --

The stain of your existence is such that I will waste little ink to respond. The First Land Herald is not a "Land Herald," it is Zoluren's Herald -- Zohlu Ren, Gamgweth for First Land. But I suppose I should not expect you to take the time to listen to more than the sound of your own voice, especially not when you lack even the ability to determine the sex of its Editor-in-Chief. Or did you think only a man capable of putting pen to paper?

If I choose to listen to your prattle, it will be at a time and place of my choosing, and it will be done only if I deem it to be in service to the land and its people. The Herald stands resolutely against Necromancy, and I will fight you to my last breath if need be. But if you want to be heard, you will remain peaceful.

- N.D.
Re: Town Surveys 01/20/2019 09:45 AM CST
“I need to speak with her now” He mutters with frustration and urgency.

“The gall of this unclean waste of life to think his voice deserves a podium like the Herald to spread his lies and arrogance”. Rifkinns anger rises as his voice takes an overtone of demand rather than opinion.

“And your the editor of the herald now?... it will be nice to get the paper for free”.

Marssi flashes a quick grin at Rifkinn.

“I'm not implying that i decide what they should print, i'm just saying…." Rifkinn’s voice trails off as he seeing the patient look in Marssi’s eyes.

He turns his gaze away from Marssi, closing his eyes in an attempt to quieten his mind from his outburst of emotion.

Speaking to him, through her loyalty and the words she knows he needs to hear, Marssi begins to reassure her companion.

“Navesi was one of the few who were objecting to necromancers being around the seamus donkey avatar and even allowed to roam in the spider for he fest. She's a reporter, but has not been one to give in to the demands of necromancers that they are just regular people with different philosophy. You know her as a honest and respected person, listen to your opinion of her, not your fear of how any interview could be received. She will do as she thinks best when it comes to interviewing him. But i don't see her flattering him”.

“Now if you're quite finished trying to do Navesi’s job, we promised to go on a trip”

Marssi smiles at Rifkinn and tosses a pilgrim's badge toward him.

“Your trying to distract me, the Necromancer shouldn't be given a voice” Rifkinn exclaims, a calmness in his voice.

“And i shouldn't be kept waiting” Marssi flashes yet another quick grin towards Rifkinn, winks then turns and starts towards the door.