A letter marked with a burnt desert rose 01/14/2009 08:53 AM CST

Traitor,
I call you such because that is what you are. Turn-coat, usurper, defiler of that which we have built. You milk our efforts, then turn it sour with your rotten taint. Witch, you have not earned the right to take advantage of that which we have created. Create it, we did, despite your constant mewing and naysay. Were it not for the protection of others I would cut your tongue out and hold it high for all to see the price of your heresy. And as the praise showered down around me, I would laugh at your misfortune.
For too long did we suffer you, allowing you to continue as one of us despite our wishes to see you gone. Perhaps this is the price we pay for having blind faith. Regardless, I see now it was a waste to tolerate you even for a moments time. Your ideals falter and waver at the slightest breath and you dig though the words of others to find that which you wish to hear. Forever searching to be the victim. I have come to realize you are such, but only because of your own assault. You are a bone of contention that I would gladly see broken in thrice.
You warty slug, you crawl over all that lies in front of you leaving a trail of filth and wretch behind. Your rancid touch is felt on all that you have been part of. No doubt this too will be a prime example of how your skills are poorly lacking in all areas. Despite your flaws we had attempted to do our part in your instruction, little did we know you would only take what you wish then leave. Vulture.
Dishonorable cow, you are not worthy to stand with those whom have given you their protection. Your title and affiliation are worthless because you do not represent that which you claim to stand for. Long have we tolerated the humiliation we have all felt at having you be associated with us. Because this, is how we affirm our commitment to our brothers and sisters of the tribe. You have been found to be lacking in that area, your commitment to those who also share your Kings blessing is diminutive at best. You allow yourself to commit to only those who feel as you do. That, and anyone who would put up with your lunatic mood swings.
Liar and teller of false truths, your silver tongue has kept you from my blade for now. But soon, very soon I expect, those who guard you will come to see what we have dealt with for so long. When their protection wavers, if only for a moment, I will be there. Count on that. Even the Slavers will thank their gods I did not grant them the pain I intend to visit upon you, coward. This is the price I feel you owe for your transgressions against your former tribesmen. Namely your continued disrespect and hostility towards the Kings Wiseman. Have you no shame at showing your true face to him?
Self-Serving manipulator, you seek only to fulfill your own wishes. Thinking not for the others who would stand to suffer due to your actions. How can one such as you serve anyone? Your loyalty is spread like the branches of a tree. You cannot choose one leader so you choose them all hoping that one day you will have the right to stand alongside them. But, in order to do so you must have the respect of others. Your repetitive actions have shown that you can not keep the respect of others and also you cannot respect the respect others show you. You seek only to satisfy yourself and tear anyone down who stands in the way of that.
Finally, you may wish to be seen as a tribesmen still. There might even be others who wish for us to view you as a sister of the tribe. I cannot do this. In my eyes, you have failed our King. You are not worthy of what you may receive in the way of his blessings. Were you to meet me in honorable combat, perhaps our King would allow me to strip the pin from your body and leave you in the Velakan you so rarely visit. Keep your distance from me, false-outcast, for should you fall off that tightrope you walk...

-A

~
It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.
-Fred Woodworth