Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 02:53 AM CST
I was in the Crossings Empath Guild last night to get a small cleanup, and it was quite late. Because of the hour there were not too many empaths on duty, so understandably there was a wait.

Well after a couple of minutes, lil miss Caelumia starts scowling and complaining, "I did not come here with the intent of spending an anlas just to get a few scrapes and scars taken.", and then, "Sister wonders why I hate her guild, here's why.".

I told her to stop whining and eat some cebi. Her reply was that she hunted rats and couldn't afford herbs.

You see Caelumia Y'laeth, an Elven Moon Mage.
She has pointed ears and silver-flecked blue-grey eyes. Her silver-gilt hair is long and fine, and is worn loose, tucked behind her ears. She has fair skin.
She is young for an Elf.
She has a tattoo of an iron rose with razor-toothed leaves on her wrist.

She has some faint scars along the neck, faint scuffing to the left leg.
She is in good shape.

She is wearing a S'lai short bow, a deep crimson sheath, a black leather ankle sheath, an etched crescent-shaped cambrinth moon pendant, a soft colorful haversack adorned with gauzy ribbons and crystal beads, a dark grey messenger's satchel reinforced with thick black leather, a delicate nightshade circlet, a tarnished silver ring bearing the crest of the Moon Mage Guild, a finely-tooled short quiver, a black leather bullwhip, a belt of heavy beaten gold medallions etched with a sunburst design and linked with tiny brass bells, some fitted shadowy black sandals with detailed straps, a ruched black velvet garter with glittering crystal beads, a strapless black silk corset trimmed with a flirty jade fringe and a night-black skirt woven from fine gossamer accented with gold beads.

Riiiight, you have two or three shifts, a tattoo, and dozens of plats worth of fluff, but you are still hunting rats, and cannot afford a couple gold for herbs? Yer ridiculous claim that "its all my mother left me in the world" caused more than a few snickers also.

No one likes waiting around to be healed, but no one has to heal you either. And acting like immediate attention is required for your two small scars is asinine. Hodierna help the poor empath that does heal you, you'd probably toss them a copper and a smile. Act like a spoiled brat, you are going to get treated like a spoiled brat.

Tashya
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 11:45 AM CST
>No one likes waiting around to be healed, but no one has to heal you either. And acting like immediate attention is required for your two small scars is asinine. Hodierna help the poor empath that does heal you, you'd probably toss them a copper and a smile. Act like a spoiled brat, you are going to get treated like a spoiled brat.

Same goes for clerics!

Daxy

How about a little chill spirit to go with the healing?
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 01:06 PM CST
>>No one likes waiting around to be healed

Some people don't like waiting around to be healed, but some people (like myself) have no problem with giving the empaths a while to heal me. I personally prefer an empath who is 10th circle or so and who heals people for the experience that it gives. Unless I'm dying, I could sit in the guild for an hour and let them lock their transferrence over and over again healing me.

Sitting in the empath guild is a good way to meet new friends, talk with old friends, learn some teaching or scholarship, and get back to full health. I don't see any reason why people should be in such a hurry to get in and get out. But I guess I'm just weird...

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 01:12 PM CST
<<I don't see any reason why people should be in such a hurry to get in and get out.

Because they probably wouldn't be bothering to get healed in the first place if their wounds weren't preventing them from doing whatever it is they really want to spend their playing time trying to accomplish. :-P
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 01:30 PM CST
>>I don't see any reason why people should be in such a hurry to get in and get out.

Because they're in a room full of empaths.

-Frogspawn

Dragonrealms: Because you've given up on accomplishing anything important with your life.
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 04:00 PM CST
testing

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: Spoiled brats 03/27/2003 10:42 PM CST
I say kill them all!!!

Arctuniol

"In an open world, Who needs windows or gates?"
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 02:38 AM CST
waaaaaa!!!

~Scandi~
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 01:45 PM CST
<< waaaaaa!!!>>

Scandi's typical phrase.

Anyway most empaths are dumb. There's only a few that i like. Mainly use them to heal death scars. Other than that, just use herbs, its generally faster and costs zero.

THE Miilo

With the speed of a striking snake, you thump Starsaber in the neck with the edge of your flattened palm striking him in the vocal cords. Starsaber clutches his throat, wheezing pathetically.
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 02:10 PM CST
>THE Miilo

hahaha! Welcome back. How long this time?

"Avarice, envy, pride,
Three fatal sparks, have set the hearts of all
On Fire."
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 03:43 PM CST
Miilo's typical phrase... " any clerics around?"

hehe couldnt resist ..

~Scandi~
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 03:47 PM CST
>>Miilo's typical phrase... " any clerics around?"

No, no that's not it.

Why am I in auto-timeout again?

That's his phrase.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, what's not bolted down is mine, if it can be pried up it isn't bolted down.
Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 03:51 PM CST
LOL Brabs...that made me chuckle.

~Sometimes the only way to fight evil, is to become it.~

Re: Spoiled brats 03/28/2003 09:36 PM CST
That's it Miilo! You're bein put on the no heal list! :P

Not that I ever see you to heal you anyhow..

G.

"Some people are so sensitive they feel snubbed if an epidemic overlooks them."
-Kin Hubbard-
Re: Spoiled brats 01/23/2022 07:08 PM CST

Is that yak still about? Her insides have rotted.