Unhappily married 09/16/2008 10:58 PM CDT
Looking for someone to dive into an unhappy marriage. I don't particularly care what circle or race...though being a dwarf would be a plus. I would also prefer male but whatever.

I'm still kicking the idea around and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for other than something like a general disdain and mild embarassment from a drunken fling. It's also not set in stone...I'm hard pressed to come up with a good way to manifest a bad marriage in a text game. It's just something I wanted to use to develop Red' a little more.

If anyone has any ideas concerning this, feel free to chip in. I just have this general idea. I'd also appreciate it if you KNEW you were going to be around a while. My weird RP is usually measured in months, though I imagine this could go on forever.

You don't have to be mean, you can be the sweatest mook on the planet...you just gotta be able to roll with some non-physical angst from Red' (and not have hurt feelings IRL).

Red'

>>That whole anti-stud comment doesn't apply to just the boys here. Girl gamers are just as damaged-goods as the guy-gamers are, they're just a lot more emotionally fragile about the whole thing. ~LOFTONM1
Re: Unhappily married 09/17/2008 02:18 PM CDT
Just marry Ragran. You won't even have to RP it being a bad marriage, it just will be.
Re: Unhappily married 09/17/2008 02:26 PM CDT
IIRC, Ragran already has a wife so that could make for a good rp for an unhappy marriage when you find out. Might want to check with Ragran, he might do it if you let him steal all your money from you to boot.

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Unhappily married 09/17/2008 05:18 PM CDT
For what it's worth Ragran gets my vote too.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Unhappily married 09/17/2008 06:34 PM CDT
im married. but i do think a marriage that eventually disolves into a perma-blood feud (agreed 2 kills a month or something) would be a good way to spend game time. And would pull onlookers into it. Violence is constructive.

:oP Ragran
Re: Unhappily married 09/17/2008 09:37 PM CDT
I like the idea of a feud. I just didn't want to put a circle constraint on it. While I don't mind losing a lot, it bothers some people.

It sounds like great fun. Bummer yer married.

Red'

>>That whole anti-stud comment doesn't apply to just the boys here. Girl gamers are just as damaged-goods as the guy-gamers are, they're just a lot more emotionally fragile about the whole thing. ~LOFTONM1
Re: Unhappily married 09/18/2008 08:04 AM CDT
Spousal abuse can be funny in the right context. I remember Korutu clubbing his first wife into submission. Might try him?

- Galren

No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine,
Hes haunted by something he cannot define.
Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
Assail him, impale him with monster-truck force
Re: Unhappily married 09/18/2008 12:14 PM CDT
All the girlies tell me he's a cutie in real life though. I want an ugo.

You know you wanna Galren. ;-)

He already be the tar out of me too...took off my arms and legs in a go we had about a week ago. IG I don't think he's fond enough of ole' Red'. God knows Porm wouldn't do it. For some reason she gets under his finger nails IG.

I think I'd rather have a lower circle character for it anyways. The big guys can get enough event love just by virtue of being recognizable and well trained.

So to reiterate, all circles welcome. You TOO can be shackled in a loveless and violent relationship. Just drop an IG name and I'll find an excuse to bug you.

Red'

Re: Unhappily married 09/18/2008 02:33 PM CDT
You want an ugly person controlling the character that marries Red and then say "You know you wanna Galren. ;-)"

But my Mom tells me I'm good looking! :( : ( :(

Unfortunately, while I do love a good abusive relationship Galren is about to go out in a blaze of glory falling into his own personal hell brought on by severe alcoholism and/or drug abuse which ultimately climaxes in his death at the hands of his best friend.

I just need to figure a time and a place to pull it off before I go. Make me proud and kill lots of people much bigger than you and um... keep on trucking.

- Galren

No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine,
Hes haunted by something he cannot define.
Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
Assail him, impale him with monster-truck force
Re: Unhappily married 09/19/2008 10:15 PM CDT
are you leaving the game galren?

:oP Ragran
Re: Unhappily married 09/20/2008 09:14 PM CDT
Uh...yeah, not acceptable.

Red'

Re: Unhappily married 09/20/2008 09:17 PM CDT
Red makes a pretty good barbarian drinking buddy though.

Redeth glares.

Redeth says, "Lets go get in a fight."

You say, "With who?"

Redeth says, "Look, I just have the ideas, YOU figure out the details."

Redeth hiccups.

Red'