Commoner's Log 05/10/2021 05/10/2021 11:00 AM CDT

And thus I have awoken from my bed chambers humble, eager, and.... weak. I have rested too long, and fallen by the wayside of those ever pushing ahead. Had I trained in earnest everyday I might be someone with a name, yet alas, when you seek out peace you often forget to prepare for war, so I am no more than a glorified goblin in the eyes of most. So I return to the daily trek through the town of Crossing and and over down the Ferry towards Leth Deriel to reach the Endrus Snakes. I am not sure but it seems those snakes are hitting harder than before, or was I merely being optimistic of my abilities in the previous telling? Or, rather, the difference between their damage is simply i can take 40 bites instead of 15 bites before falling (chuckle).

I have renewed my quest for magic artifices that I may be prepared to tame the beasts and monsters that simple blade and hammer find hard to defeat, and as usual the quest is an arduous one. Money is only half the battle to obtain these itemrys but I have no illusion that I wouldn't be able to barter about a trade. Having worked some Hollows Eve as a Maze Runner I am fraught with not only cosmetic fripperies but magical enhancement tools and enhanced magical tools. Maze Running is quite the tiring endeavor for one such as myself however the rewards are very great. I've secured a magical pouch that seems to hold 10 items of just about any size; likely the result of some grand moon maze trying to expand his mental pathways every sneezing into the very pouch itself. I've also obtained a dented pot lid that serves as an effective shield; it must have been owned by a temperamental warrior mage as every so often the lid will spew fire towards any enemy foolish enough to be near it! I like my serpents well done, thank you. No, the real struggle simply comes from FINDING people with a magical artifce, and one that they are willing to let go.

I have depleted merely all of my natural funds; where once I was at the top of the engineering society list for the amount of time I spent there, now I have fallen back into obscurity, for while I appreciate the sense of glory and culture that comes from participating in the deed, I can not be a charity case to the Talia; I respect her for ability, but I need a job that will continue to pay me. The Endrus Serpents do not share nearly as much coin as my previous work did but I feel emboldened to take more wooden snake teeth when I find I can stand among the creatures longer and longer. By and by I have been taking working tasks from the citizens of the town; it seems that someone is always losing something in the dirt and I have to kneel and search for it for an anlas before it appears. I hope to think that the more work I do for the citizens the more they will pay me in the future.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.