Commoner's Log, 10/11/2016 10/11/2016 12:18 PM CDT

The lack of a folder for Commoners makes it hard for one to gather their thoughts. If no one thinks this not true, how about deleting all the topics in the warrior mage section and just having it be one post after another in an unsorted mass. I digress.

Yesterday I made a friend, today I seem to have lost that friend, as my associating with their other friends led one to fits of rage and the other to say nothing at all, and was accused ooc'ily of being someones alt causing drama. All I did was dicuss with them a robe style item-hider that looked nice. Having an eye for fashion is dangerous.

While I thought my use of item hiders was limited only to those of a magical nature, I have learned that my non magical hiders hide nothing on me, and this saddens me. Though, I was offered 5200 platinum for the robe... Perhaps I will take them up on the offer and move forward with the success. There many things I wish to buy, true, and even more things not for sold I wish I wish to obtain...

The classes for Arcana have been quite grueling, but I feel my intelligence rising. I learned the other day that my ilmenite-tipped wand, which I have been holding since nearly the beginning of my training, may be just a devoid bauble to which I had foolishly dreamed of being able to wield one day. I keep a hold of it though, and pray to Truffenyi that he would bless it, that my commitment to learn will have inspired awe and pity from the immortal on one so wishing to wield magic in the name of defending the land.

I amuse myself by invoking the elemental tuner I acquired from Duskruin. They called it an operation but it was more like needles stabbing into my back.. which it was. I see streams of fiery mana flowing through my veins, decidedly stronger or weaker depending on the room I am in. While i can't see how the mana interacts with other objects that I am holding, I am still amused with how it interacts with me. I just wish I could interact with it.

Repeated consumption of Weevil's have tormented my mind, causing riotous magic to enter and leave just as violently. Only slightly less painful than the tuner being implanted into my back.

By the greatest of chance and luck at an auction I acquired a reinforced osage Elven war bow hand-tooled with an undulating wave pattern. Engraved near the riser I spy a name: Bowmaster Renshear Shapan'geur, House of the Gilded Longleaf. I am told that this is an amazing find, but one needs only see the craftmanship to know it was something special. The history books seem to be doing it a favor, or perhaps the bow has wained in it age. While the force of impact in the books say it should be incredible, I have brought many eyes upon this, especially Elven, only to be told it is well designed for its force of impact. It is still a nice bow though.

I participated in a Hollow Eve's party, held by the Order of the Apostles, and was greatly amused by it. Well, for the most part. Apparently the party had been invaded by a Necromancer, sending out two constructs and an zombie'd badger upon the crowd. Many were injured and felled in that time, however, with so many warriors together short work was made of both the Necromancer, and her puppets. After cleaning up the ashes, glass, and gore, which did well to enhance the spooky theme, we continued on with the costume party. I donned upon a pair of Gryphon wings and took up a Gryphon-pelt shield, declaring my mastery of the sky! I was quite impressed by the lady who dressed so marvelously as, from what i could tell, a comet whose passing lead to many ominous events and doings! I did not take prize though, instead going to a reasonably impressive impression of a doctor helping to alleviate this patient of their.. life. I rather enjoyed the fellow dressed as a Shadowling, whose quest for authenticity lead them to spring a box, leaving them talking in Shadowling gobbledigook. Dedication to the art is a feast for the eyes.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Commoner's Log, 10/11/2016 10/11/2016 12:30 PM CDT
>>The lack of a folder for Commoners makes it hard for one to gather their thoughts.

For some context, there are two posts in this folder for 2016 (until mine now), both from you (until mine).

One post was saying you were surprised to find this folder, with an eight month gap until the the one I'm responding to now. The post before those two were from 2012.

I think there's a good amount of room to worth with before needing to determine if Commoners need more space.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Commoner's Log, 10/11/2016 10/11/2016 12:50 PM CDT

Being an avid lurker of the forum made it easy for me to find, but the fact is the commoners section is Out Of The Way for most newer players, hidden as it is in the Social Section, which is an add place for a topicless folder representing guildless players.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 01:38 PM CDT
We have folders for each guild.

Commoners are not a guild, it's a playing style/choice.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 02:08 PM CDT

> Commoners are not a guild, it's a playing style/choice.

Hey now. People are born into DR that way.
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 03:47 PM CDT
>>Hey now. People are born into DR that way.

Huh, honestly I hadn't even considered the argument from that angle. We are born commoners, we don't choose it. While choosing a guild is actually a playing choice/style.

I imagine the subfolders might include a

Welcome to Elanthia, tell us about yourself, section

An information folder that links to the most useful and popular information from player made and official contributions.

a folder solely for question and answers

A folder where players highlight their times as commoners

A folder for people who bid farewell to their fellow commoners after choosing to join a guild.

and such things.

Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 04:48 PM CDT
Fact: Guilds control over 180 thousand percent of the wealth in Elanthia.

Fact: Their members go around killing our boars and our rats and our caracels by the untold thousands.

Fact: They flagrantly cast dangerous spells in town and then bribe guards off with trivial (to them) amounts of gold.

#CommonerLivesMatter
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 06:06 PM CDT

I don't want to make it sound like I don't like a good joke, but diminishing the struggles of people in the real world is not something I think is particularly appropriate, and is pretty bad form in my opinion.
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 06:40 PM CDT
#AllFictionalLivesMatter

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 07:14 PM CDT

> I don't want to make it sound like I don't like a good joke, but diminishing the struggles of people in the real world is not something I think is particularly appropriate, and is pretty bad form in my opinion.

I'll just throw this out. If anyone took offense at the joke then I am sincerely apologetic. What I said was meant to be funny, and I am in no way demeaning the efforts or accomplishments or struggles of people in the real world.

Now, that said, it was a pun of a joke. Puns rarely, if ever, actually care about the subject matter. It definitely doesn't make a statement on it. Lighten up. Laugh a little.

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/south-park-season-19-pc-principal.jpg
Re: Commoner Folder 10/11/2016 07:52 PM CDT

Yupyup - thicker skin and all that. Carry on.
Re: Commoner Folder ::NUDGE:: 10/11/2016 07:57 PM CDT
Hi,

Let's just avoid offending people by not going there. Thank you.

There are multiple folders available for non-guilded discussion.

Additionally, this is not an IC folder, so kindly keep the discussion to OOC conversation about the challenges of training a commoner.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.