re: commoner departure 12/26/2010 06:42 AM CST
just wanted to let everyone know that i will be most likely departing as a commoner.
re: commoner departure 08/27/2012 07:27 PM CDT
I realize I'm resurrecting a long dead thread, but as of now, can Commoners still gain TDPs or has this changed?
re: commoner departure 08/27/2012 07:32 PM CDT
>>Kickingpuppies: I realize I'm resurrecting a long dead thread, but as of now, can Commoners still gain TDPs or has this changed?

The last I heard, Commoners will keep their earned TDPs but will gain additional TDPs as if all skills were subject to the slower rate (400 ranks / TDP).

>>DR-Socharis: Still thinking about it. On first glance I'm thinking that commoners will gain TDPs at the Alternate rate for all skills, and when the guild up they'll get credited for their Main skills appropriately.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
re: commoner departure 08/28/2012 06:15 AM CDT
Don't worry, you won't have to wait much longer to join the Trash Collector's Guild, I hear it's top priority once 3.0 is out and Hollow's Eve is over.
re: commoner departure 08/28/2012 06:30 AM CDT
Yeah but you have to be a Merlew to get get the title "Sea Salvager"

The Shard Sentinel nods to Alexii and says, "Yes, you may pass."
Alexii says, "Sucker!"
re: commoner departure 09/06/2012 02:59 AM CDT
I've been away for over a year and I'm curious if anyone has all the information on how Commoners will be changing in DR 3.0? Any drastic innovations Commoners should be aware of?

Specifically:

1. Crafting. Can they pick careers, techniques and so on? Despite being Lore Secondary for learning purposes, I assume they will only achieve Lore Tert potential? Or will we be looking at an even worse situation?

2. (Answered) I was going to ask about TDPs, but it looks like GM Socharis had a reasonable answer. I hope the conversion rate for joining a guild goes without a hitch :P

Comments about the thread:

I don't plan to depart Commoner life at the onset of DR 3.0. My goal has been to join a specific guild when the time is right. Or even another should events shape the future. Commoners are inherently cool, but parading Commoner affiliation has felt weird. I've always hid behind a vague guild persona. Almost everyone will assume you're guilded with some group. It's a thrill to play a Commoner and with the GMs making the game less guild-based has freed up a lot of previous Commoner constraints.

I'd hate to see people bailing Commoner life forever with DR 3.0 changes. The game right now does a decent job of accommodating non-guilded. My thanks for that. I don't have a "Sky is falling" attitude yet. Doing my usual routine. Possibly when all the changes roll out, I may start freaking out if I don't know what to expect. Hence this post! Thanks for any advice and information you can pass on.
re: commoner departure 09/06/2012 08:21 AM CDT
>>1. Crafting. Can they pick careers, techniques and so on? Despite being Lore Secondary for learning purposes, I assume they will only achieve Lore Tert potential? Or will we be looking at an even worse situation?

Currently, commoners can choose one career and one hobby (lore tert, as you said). If/when you choose a guild that allows more, you have that new slot opened up for you. I don' see why that would change with 3.0