Commoner Development 08/07/2009 01:49 AM CDT
Hey guys, so who is charge of the development of Commoners. I mean there are things that commoners should be able to do better than other guilds. Example: mech lore related skills. Is the blacksmith of a village the greatest warrior, heck no. Is the best tanner a Ranger casting spells, heck no. It is a commoner in the village who makes the swords and armor for knights and nobles. Commoners should be the best smith's and item makers in Elanthia. Someone should snap on to implementing this idea.
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 01:50 AM CDT
If this isn't a troll, I'm kicking the first puppy I see.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 01:51 AM CDT
Would you settle for a pug and a ~11 year old mini-doc that had to have it's eye removed a few months back?

Cause I can supply one of both that REALLY need some kicking.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 08:57 AM CDT
lol nerf commoners

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 09:13 AM CDT
Commoners should get a penalty to TDPs earned from ranks because their untrained minds cant really grasp how to use the knowledge.

Start with Totenus.

Eladrin
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 09:14 AM CDT
Commoners have an unfair advantage in the upcoming necro guild because they were given a 10 year headstart on training. Totenus should lose at least 70% of his ranks when he joins as a form of purification ceremony. TIA

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Commoner Development ::Nudge:: 08/07/2009 09:26 AM CDT

Gang,

Back on topic "Commoner Development" and leave that helpless elothean commoner alone.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Commoner Development 08/07/2009 01:53 PM CDT
Commoners actually do have a decent advantage in terms of flexibility due to their secondary skillset placement. There's no reason why a commoner couldn't be an excellent crafter when the systems are released.

They do have a massive TDP penalty and forget magic. But there are a few perks as well!
Re: Commoner Development ::Nudge:: 08/08/2009 01:21 PM CDT
That's Elven commoner, thank you very much.
Re: Commoner Development 08/12/2009 04:08 PM CDT
A commoner training to be a necro is not the same as a commoner training to be a commoner.
Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:25 PM CDT
How about changing thump so that it compares your highest skill to the highest skill of the person being thumped. Basically take circle out of the equation. Maybe something like if your highest skill is 200 ranks more then another persons highest skill then you can thump them. The number is just arbitrary, maybe a better number is more appropriate. But some system besides circle would be nice.
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:26 PM CDT
I'd rather see it be a stat contest.

Rev. Reene

SEND[Abasha] I will kill you :D
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:31 PM CDT
Skill contest with the weapon in hand/brawling? It's sort of a "I could kill you, but..." command.

Give mages TM thump cantrip?

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:33 PM CDT
Just have it compare rpas :)

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:34 PM CDT
Agility vs Reflex/Vocals.
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:36 PM CDT
OMG VOCALS LULZLULZ?

Wait am I doing it rite?

Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 03:50 PM CDT
I thought about RPAs...

...but I think we've moved terminally beyond the era of things like thumps coming from any sort of position of responsibility.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:08 PM CDT
Stat contest is good. I just wanted it noncircle based.
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:10 PM CDT
<<Stat contest is good. I just wanted it noncircle based.

I personally don't mind it being circle based, but if it were to change I'd rather it be this: Everyone can thump everyone. If you have or receive a warning for abuse or OOC behavior you lose the ability. Permanently.

Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:13 PM CDT
Thump stopped being about policing OOC behavior a long, long time ago.

Just make it a stat contest and end it.

And give each guild a unique looking thump, just 'cause.

Rev. Reene

SEND[Abasha] I will kill you :D
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:16 PM CDT
>>Just make it a stat contest and end it.

I'm pretty sure Bards can't sing while thumped. Pretty funny. All the more reason to make it a stat contest.

--Player of Szrael --

Professional Healers Association Fee Calculator: http://empathunion.appspot.com

Upcoming PHA Meeting -- Sunday August 16th at 5PM EST aboard the Jolly Roger ship, moored to the Skirr dock in Crossing.
Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:17 PM CDT
<<I'm pretty sure Bards can't sing while thumped. Pretty funny. All the more reason to make it a stat contest.

Like... enchante wise sing? If so then yeah, it really ought to be made a stat contest or the like.

Re: Commoner Development Idea 08/15/2009 04:33 PM CDT
I like the agility vs. reflex/vocals.

Agility vs. Reflex to determine whether it lands or not.

Vocals to determine how long it lasts if you are hit with it. Perhaps the level of success in the agility vs. reflex contest would serve as a modifier to determine the amount of vocals needed to recover quickly.

Vinjince Rexem'lor
More Commoner Development 08/22/2009 06:37 PM CDT
There needs to be plans to fix multi opponent. The circle based element of it needs to be removed and replaced with whatever weapon you are using, which means your multi opponenet ability will vary based on how well trained you in the weapon you are using. I think that makes sense.
Re: More Commoner Development 08/22/2009 06:46 PM CDT
Combat Rewrite.

Re: More Commoner Development 08/22/2009 09:45 PM CDT
Yeah... there are pages upon pages upon pages of posts about the upcoming combat changes and multi opponent.

Eladrin
Re: More Commoner Development 08/23/2009 01:19 AM CDT
>> Yeah... there are pages upon pages upon pages of posts about the upcoming combat changes and multi opponent.