Kyanite Gwethdesuans 12/27/2007 12:02 AM CST
Any way for Commoners to listen to these?

If not, can there be?

HR>You exclaim to the dog, "You wagtail! Die!"
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 12/27/2007 08:59 AM CST
No way yet, Lorz. I seem to remember a rumor about how the GMs were going to try to make it possible for commoners to increase their concentration so they could actually use gweths. But that would be a long way down the road.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 12/27/2007 09:02 AM CST
Probably not as far off as you might think, Z has been working on a confidance rewrite (in conjunction to the khri rewrite for thieves) which will change confidance to a strictly stat based thing. I think the proposed formula is disc*3 + int*2 + stam / 2 but I could be wrong.
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 12/27/2007 12:29 PM CST
I'm not even going to guess what the new concentration formula is specificially. However:

Zeyurn says, "Concentration will be based off of Discipline, Intelligence, and Stamina."
Zeyurn says, "Stamina is the smallest factor, Discipline is the largest."

- Ogoh

System Announcement: In order to simplify our mythology for newer players, all gods have been renamed after the Little Rascals. Henceforth, Urrem'tier will be known as "Spanky."
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 12/27/2007 01:53 PM CST
Oh well. Thanks for the information -- I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait for the concentration rewrite. Sadness!

HR>You exclaim to the dog, "You wagtail! Die!"
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 01/02/2008 03:27 PM CST
There are plans to address the "newbie and gweths" issue. :)

Solomon

"Beat me, whip me, maintain my mindstate at sub-optimal levels!"
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 01/06/2008 08:56 PM CST
>>There are plans to address the "newbie and gweths" issue. :)<<

Tim to change the avatar, just can't take it anymore. Suggestion if I may....more cowbell?

In order for me to find anything most of the time I have to get lost first. Eitherway, No matter where I go in Elanthia there I am.
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 01/07/2008 07:42 PM CST
I was thinking, based on the responses, that maybe I didn't make myself entirely clear about the kyanite gweth thing:

As far as I know the requirement is currently circle based, not concentration based. Commoners cannot even hear the kyanite gweth-net, let alone project thoughts onto it. (Someone with a more experienced commoner or inside information, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

All I want is to be able to wear and hear a kyanite gweth, not actually project thoughts.

They're nice for keeping tabs on current events. I probably still wouldn't know about the fest if it wasn't for gweths. Well, I guess I do read the boards, but still ...

>You put on a platinum kyanite gwethdesuan.
>Nothing seems to happen.

>weep
A tear runs down your face.

-- Player of Lorz and more recently (and frequently, these days) the commoner Szrael.
Re: Kyanite Gwethdesuans 01/07/2008 11:31 PM CST
>>As far as I know the requirement is currently circle based, not concentration based.

This is correct.

"I kept my workshop of filthy creation: my eye-balls were starting from their sockets in attending to the details of my employment...and often did my human nature turn with loathing from my occupation..." - Mary Shelly, Frankenstein