claim re-opened 07/18/2012 07:49 PM CDT
I'm guessing that since 150 isn't the cap, people can argue over this again. I'm 161
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 08:54 PM CDT
To bring this talk of circles back on topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvE4MufZ9c

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:00 PM CDT
My little boys scream that in the car.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:06 PM CDT
I'm very disappointed in your link Armifer.

I was expecting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:12 PM CDT

This folder's rather unique in that the only topic that is considered off topic is about your level/circles.

The last several years it's been about music. I'd be happy to see cooking recipes again. :(

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:28 PM CDT
<GroundBeef>
<cheese>
<GroundBeef>
<grill>

Fantastic
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:32 PM CDT

Bacon.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:34 PM CDT
Bacon's overplayed and passe like Zombies.

Sick of both.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:45 PM CDT
>><GroundBeef>
>><cheese>
>><GroundBeef>
>><grill>

I believe you mean ground beef, coal, coal, stir, ground beef, coal, coal, coal, stir, cheese, stir, ground beef, coal, coal, grill.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 09:46 PM CDT
<<I'm guessing that since 150 isn't the cap, people can argue over this again. I'm 161

Keep trying... You arent there yet. Lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry4BzonlVlw

Falker
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:16 PM CDT
>>I'd be happy to see cooking recipes again. :(

Oreo Brownies

-- Ingredients:
2/3 cup frozen blueberries (enough to make 1/3 cup blueberry puree)
2 tbsp warm water
2 7/16 cup(19.5 oz) brownie mix (preferably dark chocolate)
9/40 cup applesauce
1/2 cup egg whites
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 tbsp cool water

-- Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Optional: Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree frozen blueberries and warm water until smooth. You will need 1/3 cup of blueberry puree, so you may have to adjust the quantity of frozen blueberries you use to end up with 1/3 cup.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a spatula or wooden spoon, beat blueberry puree with applesauce and egg whites until smooth.

In a large mixing bowl using the same, combine and beat liquid mixture with brownie mix. Stir in chopped walnuts.

Pour brownie batter into prepared dish. Bake 28-33 minutes until a knife inserted two inches from the edge comes out clean. Let brownies cool before cutting.

Melt chocolate with cool water in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Pour over the baked brownie and place in refrigerator to set.

|Amount Per Serving
|Calories 102
| Calories from Fat 27
| % Daily Value*
|Total Fat 3g 4.6%
|Total Carb. 18g 6.0%
| Dietary Fiber 1g 4.0%
| Sugars 14g
|Protein 2g
|_____________________________________

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:25 PM CDT
>>The last several years it's been about music. I'd be happy to see cooking recipes again. :(

Creamy Stuffed Chicken Breasts (makes enough for 4-5)

- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded until ~ 1/4"- 1/2" in thickness
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz goat cheese (firmer the better)
- 2 oz feta
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh minced thyme
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 c breadcrumbs (I like panko)
- salt and pepper to taste

Mix cheeses, thyme, garlic, pinch of salt, and pepper (no more than 1/4 tsp of each) and mix until smooth.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
Mound cheese mixture into a log, and roll chicken around each log (you should have some left over cheese mixture)
Place chicken seam-side down, not touching, in a baking dish coated with vegetable spray.
Mix leftover cheese mixture with may, dijon and lemon juice, then use to cover the chicken
Press breadcrumbs into chicken tops and sides.
Bake until breadcrumbs are golden brown or until chicken is at 160 degrees internal temp (approx 30 min at 435 def F)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:32 PM CDT
<GroundBeef>
<cheese>
<GroundBeef>
<grill>

I prefer:
- 2 parts ground beef
- 1 part ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg yolk per TOTAL 1 lb ground meat
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs (the finer the better)
- salt, pepper, other herbs to taste
- [optional] - Worcestershire sauce or bbq sauce as desired
- [optional] - use shredded cheese and mix into the hamburger for a much better cheese flavor.

Using two separate ground meats provides a much for robust flavor. I still prefer a larger ratio of beef, but you can adjust that as needed.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:47 PM CDT
>Using two separate ground meats provides a much for robust flavor. I still prefer a larger ratio of beef, but you can adjust that as needed.

From experience, the person consuming said 'bowl of beef and cheese' doesn't really care so much about flavor as 'put in food shut up stomach don't care what'.

Probably covers it with some variant of hot sauce so who knows what it tastes like anyway. Stuff's like ketchup for adults.

Personally my favorite pour on is Franks Red Hot, but I love Siracha (or the rooster...ok, that's not what we call it, but I can't post that on the boards) in sauces/marinades/other 'thick' things. Cause it's thicker, don't neccesarily want a sauce on eggs or a sammich or what have you.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:48 PM CDT
Vegetarian (Possibly Vegan?) Pad Thai

This is probably blasphemy, but I like it anyway.

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons tamarind soup mix
3/4 cup water (boiling)
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
8 ounces dried rice stick noodles , about 1/8 inch wide
1/4 teaspoon table salt
3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
1 medium shallot, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
6 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
5 medium scallions, green parts only, sliced thin on sharp bias
1 block extra firm tofu
1 large carrot, cut diagonally into slices about 1/8-1/4 of an inch in thickness.
1.5 cups broccoli florets (I use the frozen steam-bag ones, but it'd probably be better with fresh broccoli)
Lime wedges

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Freeze tofu, then thaw. Cut into pieces about the size of a domino. Sandwich between many paper towels, then top with a cutting board. Place weights on top to press out water. An hour or so? Some people press the water out before freezing, but I'm too lazy for that.

2. Mix tamarind soup mix in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cayenne, and 2 tablespoons oil into tamarind liquid and set aside.

3. After tofu is pressed, dip each piece into the tamarind liquid briefly.

4. Salt tofu lightly, then lightly fry in oil until the outsides are golden brown and crispy. Set aside.

5. Cover rice sticks with hot tap water in large bowl; soak until softened, pliable, and limp but not fully tender, about 20 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.

6. Steam broccoli until it is about half-cooked, set aside.

7. In a heated skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and swirl to coat; add garlic and shallot, set skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until light golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrots and cook for another minute. Add drained noodles and tofu; toss with two wooden spoons to combine. Pour soy sauce/tamarind mixture over noodles, increase heat to high, and cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are evenly coated. Add 1/4 cup peanuts, all but 1/4 cup scallions over noodles; continue to cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are tender, about 2 1/2 minutes (if not yet tender add 2 tablespoons water to skillet and continue to cook until tender).

8. Transfer noodles to serving platter, sprinkle with remaining scallions, 2 tablespoons peanuts, and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.

Melete

My old clock used to tell the time
and subdivide diurnity;
but now it's lost both hands and chime
and only tells eternity.
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:49 PM CDT
There's a whole topic for Food and Recipes.

Solomon
Re: claim re-opened 07/18/2012 10:50 PM CDT
>>From experience, the person consuming said 'bowl of beef and cheese' doesn't really care so much about flavor as 'put in food shut up stomach don't care what'.

Not to start a conflict, but, then don't prepare this for those philistines. This is for those who actually have a palate.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 01:47 AM CDT
From Schlock Mercenary (If you don't read it you're a bad person and I won't code creatures for you!):

those readers who have, against all reason, developed a hankering for a chupaqueso will be happy to know that it's possible to make one. You will need a good teflon skillet, a fairly sharp teflon spatula, some sharp cheddar, some fresh parmesan, and some Monterey Jack cheese.

Grate about a half-cup of cheddar and a half-cup of jack.

Heat the skillet, and spread the cheddar evenly in the pan. You should have an eight-inch diameter circle of grated cheese, with a little bit of pan showing through here and there.

As the pan gets hotter the cheese will obviously melt. Then it will toast, and you'll get cheese-grease floating on top of melted cheddar, itself on top of a layer of crusty toasted cheddar.

Start lifting around the edges with the spatula. You'll soon reach a point (you'll know, trust me) when the structural integrity of the crusty-toasty cheese allows you to flip the whole thing over.

(Speaking of "over," this is often the point where you'll get frustrated and decide to start over.)

After toasting side two for a moment, flip it again so the "smooth" side is down, and the recently toasted side is up.

You now have a cheese shell sizzling in a puddle of cheese grease. It's still flexible, but much longer and it won't be, so you'll have to work fast. Add the Jack cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan, and then tri-fold the cheddar-shell around it.

Slide it out of the pan onto your plate. It's called a "chupaqueso" either because you can suck (chupa) the cheese (queso) out of the middle as you crunch away, or because this cheese (queso) thing you made sucks (chupa).

For added flavor you might try adding cooked-and-crumbled bacon with the jack and parmesan. In this case you'll end up with a chupaqueso con tocino, or, as it's often pronounced in my house, "chupaqueso con SWEET TRADER OF PORK BELLIES THERE'S BACON IN THIS THING chomp chomp AAARGH I BURNED MY MOUTH slurp gulp chomp."

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 08:02 AM CDT
>This is probably blasphemy, but I like it anyway.

I think that Asian recipes are fine thematically as vegetarian or vegan just because it fits the regions history and cuisine.
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 09:55 AM CDT
::cough::

There's a whole topic set up for recipes and food discussion.

Solomon
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 10:17 AM CDT
What if the recipes are sung? Or written in limerick?

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 10:17 AM CDT
>>There's a whole topic set up for recipes and food discussion.

Hey, blame your Board Monitor :-P

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 10:21 AM CDT
There once was a pan full of onions,
Into which orzo and water were put-ins.
For 10 minutes or so,
It was heated on low,
Then some kale and some pesto made it num-ins.
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 10:33 AM CDT
>>What if the recipes are sung? Or written in limerick?

...or German?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGAOqpBNxC8

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 10:52 AM CDT

Ok I suppose we could always talk about shoes. Or shopping? :)

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 03:57 PM CDT
>>There's a whole topic set up for recipes and food discussion.
>>Solomon

Annwyl started it.

WHO WILL WATCH THE WATCHMEN?
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 05:04 PM CDT
>WHO WILL WATCH THE WATCHMEN?

I liked the comics more than the silver screen version. Partially because there was less blue manhood strutting around, and partially because I could skip some of the more inane navel gazing philosophy points.
Re: claim re-opened 07/19/2012 06:02 PM CDT
Shoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

Nikpack
Re: claim re-opened 07/21/2012 12:35 PM CDT
Heh. I posted a vid of the vegan black metal chef doing pad thai then realized it had a naughty word, so I decided to post a video that has no intelligible words instead. Prisencolinensinainciusol ftw!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMoK0focAFE

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: claim re-opened 07/22/2012 02:24 PM CDT
Vegetarian (Possibly Vegan?) Pad Thai

Oh I like, and I think it's Vegan.

Re: claim re-opened 07/23/2012 09:16 PM CDT
>>Shoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

OMG SHOES
Re: claim re-opened 07/23/2012 09:18 PM CDT
>>>>Shoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

>>OMG SHOES

I hate you two.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: claim re-opened 07/24/2012 12:53 PM CDT
These shoes rule: http://i45.tinypic.com/1pxe1s.jpg

These shoes suck: http://vote4mccain.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ugly-shoes.jpg?w=425&h=268

Nikpack
Re: claim re-opened 07/27/2012 04:36 AM CDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0

^This
Re: claim re-opened 07/27/2012 05:49 AM CDT
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0

Not only an awesome song, but the soundtrack to the most epic BMX dance scene in movie history. C'mon Cru, you can do it!
Re: claim re-opened 07/27/2012 07:01 AM CDT
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zBjYIyz-0
>>Not only an awesome song, but the soundtrack to the most epic BMX dance scene in movie history. C'mon Cru, you can do it!

I used to have the biggest crush on Lori Loughlin. It didn't get any better when she was introduced as Becky on Full House.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: claim re-opened 07/28/2012 01:08 PM CDT
>>>> Not only an awesome song, but the soundtrack to the most epic BMX dance scene in movie history. C'mon Cru, you can do it!

Words cannot do it justice sir. For shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5GWgcZfvI