Change Folder name 06/23/2011 04:40 PM CDT
This folder should be changed to "Bragging Rights" or some more general term. with a description more like:

Share your glory. Whether it's highest Circle, highest Ranks, highest stats, best average, an opponent you defeated, or just that you wear the most pink, lay claim to it here!

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Change Folder name 06/23/2011 06:19 PM CDT
Its cute when they don't know.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Change Folder name 06/26/2011 06:52 PM CDT
The original post seemed dangerously off-topic to me.

Know what I had for dinner tonight? Taco salad. It was great!

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Change Folder name 06/26/2011 06:54 PM CDT
>Know what I had for dinner tonight? Taco salad. It was great!

I never did get the point of taco salad. It's...a taco you eat with a fork? A 3k calorie 'salad'? Nachos for those who like to pretend to be healthy?
Re: Change Folder name 06/26/2011 07:01 PM CDT
>>I never did get the point of taco salad. It's...a taco you eat with a fork? A 3k calorie 'salad'? Nachos for those who like to pretend to be healthy?

I consider it nachos with lettuce. I haven't had one in ages and it just seemed to speak to me.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 06:09 PM CDT
>>I consider it nachos with lettuce.

Same. It's like any kind of meat salad, the salad is pretty much something to put meat on.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 06:55 PM CDT
Why ruin perfectly good nachos with lettuce?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 08:17 PM CDT
>Why ruin perfectly good nachos with lettuce?

My thoughts. But I don't get lettuce at all. Other greens, like spinach, I love. Lettuce...it's water and fiber. Drink some metamucil and keep it off my food!
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 09:55 PM CDT
<<My thoughts. But I don't get lettuce at all. Other greens, like spinach, I love. Lettuce...it's water and fiber. Drink some metamucil and keep it

It adds a crispness and freshness that creates a nice contrast to the saltiness of the chips, heat of jalapenos, and gooiness of the cheese. I treat it like any seasoning.

Now fruit in a dessert is horrible. Keep those strawberries off my ice cream!

Nikpack
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 10:05 PM CDT
damn you people and your delicious, delicious tacos and/or taco salads.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Change Folder name 06/27/2011 10:21 PM CDT
>Now fruit in a dessert is horrible. Keep those strawberries off my ice cream!

But I like fruit. And it's full of vitaminerals. Not like lettuce, that dirty harbinger of foulness.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 02:45 AM CDT
>But I like fruit. And it's full of vitaminerals. Not like lettuce, that dirty harbinger of foulness.

Signed.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 03:51 AM CDT
I love fruit.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 07:39 AM CDT
My lunch today consists of a pineapple, blackberry, strawberry and cantelope salad with just a tiny bit of honey drizzled over it. Not sure I can wait another 4 hours.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 08:53 AM CDT
I wouldn't be able to wait 4 hours after eating that either I would be starving.
WTB PROTEIN!
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 09:52 AM CDT
I love fruit too, just not when it's thrown in with something else. Keep your fruit cake, I just want cake.

Nikpack
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 08:06 PM CDT
"Now fruit in a dessert is horrible. Keep those strawberries off my ice cream!"

Heathen!

"I love fruit too, just not when it's thrown in with something else. Keep your fruit cake, I just want cake."

Okay, bringing up fruit cake is like comparing something to Hitler. It's cheating.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 10:12 PM CDT
I've had dessert with a friend a few times in a row now, and it always surprises me when he puts stuff like strawberries on his chocolate.

Whereas I, as a decent and upright American, put chocolate on my chocolate.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 11:19 PM CDT
>>Whereas I, as a decent and upright American, put chocolate on my chocolate.<<

Preach it!

Fruit belongs on trees, not in desserts.

Chocolate, however... goes with EVERYTHING. Just had a friend combine the best of both worlds. He's a master homebrewer and brewed a deeeeeeelicious chocolate porter... Yum.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 11:37 PM CDT
>Chocolate, however... goes with EVERYTHING. Just had a friend combine the best of both worlds. He's a master homebrewer and brewed a deeeeeeelicious chocolate porter... Yum.

Uh...with beer, chocolate usually refers to the color and taste, not to actual chocolate. At least with stouts, I guess. Homebrew could be anything.
Re: Change Folder name 06/28/2011 11:39 PM CDT
<Whereas I, as a decent and upright American, put chocolate on my chocolate.
Agreed!

Nikpack
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 04:17 AM CDT
<Whereas I, as a decent and upright American, put chocolate on my chocolate.

You may not be so bad after all.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 05:41 AM CDT
>>Uh...with beer, chocolate usually refers to the color and taste, not to actual chocolate. At least with stouts, I guess. Homebrew could be anything.<<

While that may be the case for some, it's not for all. His brew was modeled after Young's Double Chocolate Stout which is commercially available in many fine taverns and pubs across the U.S. As a fan of darker, maltier beers, there are others out there as well that include chocolate in the brewing process.

http://www.youngs-chocolate-stout.com/

You'll be able to find chocolate stouts and porters and many other brews at a location such as The Flying Saucer or other fine establishments that serve a wide variety of beers.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/

As good as Young's and those others are... my friend's brew was better.
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 05:42 AM CDT
Chocolate malt (or other deeper colored malts) are not the chocolate you are thinking of... that said the flexibility in recipe creation for beer means you can achieve a genuine chocolate flavor without actually using chocolate as an ingredient (which would probably be less than ideal in most beers to be honest).

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 06:31 AM CDT
And my reply wasn't about Young's they intentionally use real dark chocolate (hence the double chocolate).

New homebrewers take note, chocolate and black patent malts are incredibly intense and astringent in large quantity. Don't overdo it if you plan to actually drink the beer.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 08:04 AM CDT
<Whereas I, as a decent and upright American, put chocolate on my chocolate.>

then fry it in a deep fryer and add two slices of bacon.
Re: Change Folder name 06/29/2011 12:06 PM CDT
Hey, don't knock chocolate-covered butter until you try it!
Re: Change Folder name 06/30/2011 01:07 AM CDT
The basic necesities of life: Chocolate, Fruit, Steak, Cake and cookies. I think that's four food groups. (list per my sons)
Re: Change Folder name 06/30/2011 09:03 AM CDT
>The basic necesities of life: Chocolate, Fruit, Steak, Cake and cookies. I think that's four food groups. (list per my sons)

But that's 5?
Re: Change Folder name 06/30/2011 09:50 AM CDT
Going by the comma usage, I believe Cake and Cookies is a single food group.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Change Folder name 06/30/2011 12:19 PM CDT
>>then fry it in a deep fryer and add two slices of bacon.

That's just good general advice for anything.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Change Folder name 06/30/2011 01:21 PM CDT
denny's has a bacon sundae and for some reason i am unreasonably drawing the line and not allowing that (or we haven't been to denny's yet)

cake and cookies can be the same food group but cupcakes get a special mention sub-category