Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/05/2014 09:59 PM CST
Share your Hollow Eve alterations here. This is what I have gotten:

an icesteel-inlaid flamberge with elegant winged quillons
Look: The two-handed grip and ricasso offer versatility in grip positions, while talon-shaped flukes protect the hand and prevent it from sliding down the blade. Embellished with pale blue icesteel, the glaes blade glimmers faintly like moonlit ice. Surmounting the weapon is a pommel set with a nacreous Imperial star bearing the initials "C. M."

a winged helm with a conical crown
Look: Each side of the helmet is flanked with vertical silversteel wings that are cunningly embossed with stylized feathers. Edged with icesteel, the Y-shaped opening and nose guard evoke the fierce eyes and sharp beak of a gryphon. Inlaid in anlora-avtoma upon the brow is a seven-pointed star symbolizing the unity of the Kermorian races.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/05/2014 10:02 PM CST
I really wanted to alter that bean-creating hip pouch from the Tower quest.

a small haralun-plated reliquary holding a bean plant carved from a glacier emerald
Its vines spilling out from a mound of animite gravel placed in the dark metal container, the plant features multiple hollows resembling bean pods delicately carved into its pale green surface. Each pod is excessively polished, as if they were rubbed more often than the rest of the carving.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/05/2014 10:09 PM CST
a polished glaes rapier with an elaborately swept Elven gold hilt - The rapier's blade is etched with a pattern of elaborate scrollwork. The etching is inlaid with gold toward the base of the blade, before blending flawlessly into the intricately twisted hilt. Elemental runes are engraved along the curves of the hilt, which sweeps in elegant lines down to braid into knotwork at the pommel. The pommel is capped with the design of a mountain circled by a gold-inlaid crown. Set into the crown is a brilliant amber-hued Elamiri sapphire.

Very heavy puncture 28 stone ME ritual focus.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/05/2014 10:37 PM CST
Had my maul turned into an Earth focus. Rather appropriate, if not entirely ideal!

Had my barrier hunting pack embiggened(18x13x10x1650, for the curious)

a gloomwood scabbard wrapped in shadesatin and silveress
Look: A wolf's head shrouded by an aura of blackfire is carved into the deeply-oiled dark purple gloomwood. The dusky hues of the shadesatin reflect off of the silveress strips that are twined around the length of the scabbard. Heavy silk lines the interior of the weapon receptacle to ensure a smooth draw while providing a secure fit.

Hoping to have a weapon turned into an Elemental focus, as well, if Vatari returns.
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/08/2014 10:24 PM CST
a gracefully curved avenger's blade with a serrated guard
Look: Remarkably light and well-balanced, this glaes sword is designed to deliver quick, decisive strikes. Featuring an extended grip and a minimal guard, the blade and hilt of the sword curve slightly in opposite directions. The guard itself is of an unusual L-shaped design: on one side is a short, talon-like projection, and on the other, a gryphon wing arching toward the point of the blade. On the cusp of the guard is a winged Imperial star bearing the initials "C. M."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/09/2014 12:05 AM CST
an Ilithian cedar medallion centered with Elven silver knotwork

Polished to a faintly glossy finish, the wooden medallion is unadorned except for the elaborate circle of silver knotwork at the center. The details of the intricate knot are brought out by the shine of the metal, lending depth to the overlapping layers in the metalwork. The bright metal contrasts handsomely with the rich honey-golden wood.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/09/2014 01:00 PM CST
an engraved medallion wrought in blue and blighted gold
Streaks and veins of blighted gold bleed into the medallion, casting a dark shadow along its rim. Carved in painstaking detail on the blue gold face of the piece, twin waxing and waning moons frame the figure of a worn Prydaen woman, her weary eyes downcast as she stands amidst a desolate wasteland. At her feet, the boundaries between blue and blighted gold become blurred and indistinct, leaving it unclear if the figure is warding off the corruption or simply has yet to succumb to it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/16/2014 02:28 AM CST
a serrated haralun kudalata with a serpentine hilt biting a Havroth's ambrosia
Intricately formed, the sinuous body of a cobra wraps around the edge of the blade, forming both sides of the crossguard and winding its way down toward the pommel to form the weapon's hilt. Its hood is spread wide to show a small symbol on its back, and it holds the rose-shaped Havroth's ambrosia in its jaws. The initials "C. M." are impressed into the base of the wide serrated blade, which has a double groove running down its length."
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/18/2014 12:47 PM CST
a makeshift pair of collapsible clockwork wings
Cobbled together from numerous mismatched parts, most of the framework appears to have come from completely different machines. The complex framework of riveted brass shows scuff and tool marks that imply work done by unskilled hands. Extra brass gears and mechanisms allow the dissimilar joints to be folded compactly so as not to impede normal movement when not in use.
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/19/2014 05:28 PM CST
I cleaned up (most of) my alteration session with Kouzan http://pastebin.com/GT0k1SMA

Hands down some of the most fun I've had doing an alteration, even if I wasn't super awake yet. <3 Kouzan

a pair of Triquetra-shaped black gold zills with intricate engravings
The black gold of these zills has been formed into the tri-pointed shape for which the Triquetra is known. Incised into the metal, arabesque designs of stylized depictions of tiny animals wend themselves around crescent moons. The moons themselves have been made to stand out, being made with tiny silvers of bone.
You are certain that the black gold zills are created with exquisite craftsmanship.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Hollow Eve 414 Alterations 11/20/2014 11:18 AM CST
I also got an alteration with Kouzan, and I was very glad I saved the spot! It was a lot of fun to work and talk with a merchant. This is my session: http://pastebin.com/1X8F7si0

And the alteration:

a black and white ironwood violincello swirled with mistglass inlay.
The body of the instrument is crafted from the heartwood of two ironwood trees — one black and one white — which are seamlessly joined down the center by a chaotically twining vein of blue-white mistglass. The rich woods each bear numerous tiny iron fragments that glitter slightly in available light, more noticeably in the paler white ironwood. Further mistglass tracery curls across an ebony fingerboard, the translucent material gleaming against the dark wood.