First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/18/2009 03:08 AM CDT
So wandered down to the dreading Crossings the other day in hopes of getting a chance at an alteration from Lahkia. First experience; I couldn't be more pleased.

Every one was quite nice. Some one who had an alteration done before (on any character) honostly admitted it and bowed out of the list. Was very surprised to see this (wish i remembered the name to give official props)

Ended up with (thanks to Mendira! and Reene as well, love your bastard sword idea but needed me some shield lovin)

a lacquered tower shield carved with an exalted depiction of Rutilor

Look:
Painted with a heavy coat of dark lacquer for protection from the elements, bold engraving unmasks the gleaming steel beneath. An intricately carved scene portrays the valiant Rutilor in battle, his sword raised high as a pack of hounds flank him. The eyes of every hound brim with fearless righteousness as they await his command.
There appears to be something written on it.

A lacquered tower shield reads:
"Fear the Light."

I plan to go to more events because it was simply an enjoyable experience. I typically avoided events due to my, apparently, unfounded belief of how much of a pain it is.

~Maryhana
Re: First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/18/2009 04:10 AM CDT
Very nice alteration, I am also glad to hear you view of events has changed. There is usually some gret folks there to RP with. Have fun with you shield.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/18/2009 09:03 AM CDT
Oh awesome, it came out really well. I'm glad you had a fun experience!
Re: First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/18/2009 10:22 AM CDT
Looks cool. Nice shield.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/18/2009 10:27 AM CDT
Glad you got something done.

Rev. Reene

Foresee exclaims, "Everyone is always so suspicious! "What was that powder you just slipped into my drink?" They don't ask the other sects that!"
Re: First alteration experience (Thanks Lahkia!) 08/25/2009 06:18 PM CDT
Hurrah!

- Korsik Rippentropp, Most Noble Paladine of Elanthia

Crusader against the Innocent
Defender of All That is Wrong in Elanthia