Esmaril 08/07/2009 11:28 PM CDT
Well, I was just posting the other day about not having too many more things I wanted custom made for my character but instruments and a neithrel band were among them. Imagine my surprise when Esmaril D'Or shows up at the mini-fest Auction. We got to talking and asked if I'd like some work done, woohoo!

He then opened up for 5 other people. I liked it so much I thought I'd share:

a graceful silverwillow faenellica edged with a painted arabesque mosaic
Tiny fragments of gold, silver, and copper leaf add a vibrant sheen to the intricate design of the mosaic, carefully imitated in jewel-tone paints. In the midst of the most prominent portion, a stylized phoenix spreads its wings, each feather tipped in delicate gold flakes and crystal slivers so as to glisten brilliantly in the light.

Also, thank you to whomever brought Esmaril in! Two instruments down, one to go!

- Terra
Re: Esmaril 08/07/2009 11:53 PM CDT
Congratulations =] that does look nice.
Esmaril 09/12/2009 08:52 PM CDT
I've never seen one of these altered before, so I thought I'd post the stamping stick (percussion, one handed, weather resistant) from Forfedhdar that I had altered with my Esmaril voucher. Along with my other two instruments he has altered for me in the past. Thanks!

a dark serpentine stamping stick crafted into a draconic form
- The bottom of the instrument, which serves as the dragon's gaping maw, is slightly wider to allow for enhanced sound projection. Dark ruby-edged discs are placed at precise intervals down the dragon's body and can be manipulated to produce a variety of crisp tones when the instrument is struck. The top of the stick serves as the dragon's tail, which is coiled tightly around a scintillating ruby, completing an abstract depiction of the Emblem of Muspar'i.

a slender white ironwood flute painted with intertwining blue-grey nagas
- The creatures wrap around the flute in an uncharacteristically playful chase about the keys and fingerholes. They gaze at each other with a mischievous sparkle in their eyes.

a graceful silverwillow faenellica edged with a painted arabesque mosaic
- Tiny fragments of gold, silver, and copper leaf add a vibrant sheen to the intricate design of the mosaic, carefully imitated in jewel-tone paints. In the midst of the most prominent portion, a stylized phoenix spreads its wings, each feather tipped in delicate gold flakes and crystal slivers so as to glisten brilliantly in the light.

- Terra