Another word of praise :) 03/08/2005 10:42 AM CST
Just to let ya know how much I love these arm shields :D

Ya already know how much I've been drooling over the advantages with my mattock and scim.. but here's some appreciation for my tertiary weapon as well. I'd been using a buckler to train with my LX, but ever since I picked up this nifty steel-banded ironwood oval shield the buckler is just another dust collector in my vault. Being able to hold this thing while I load/aim/fire, then wear it while I skin or gather up my bolts and still have the protection is making my naughty parts tingle :)

Thanks again to everyone who designed, created, tested, approved, implemented and otherwise had a hand in making these things a reality. I don't care what anyone else says, but since I had pretty much given up on shields because they interfered too much with my other training (especially skinning) I consider these things a huge perk for us Rangers.

Huzzah to the end of the change stance, wear shield, arrange, skin, bundle, remove shield, change stance, kill next cycle!

Shield is dead! Long live Shield!

<bear hugs>

~Kyrrian
Re: Another word of praise :) 03/08/2005 11:05 AM CST
>>Kyrrian Shield is dead! Long live Shield!

Rather odd oxymoron you have there.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Harome, until our next encounter
Shields sold - 96
Gloves sold - 13
Founder of unlicensed Craftsman business, The Serpent's Endurance.
Re: Another word of praise :) 03/08/2005 11:28 AM CST
Not really.. took it from the old french cry "Le Roi est mort. Vive le Roi!", meaning that the (previous) king is dead, long live the (new) king :)

~Kyrrian
Re: Another word of praise :) 03/08/2005 11:58 AM CST
probably a bit over most non french speaking people, but a good quote nonetheless

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."