Metal armor 06/07/2018 10:55 PM CDT
Curious, has anyone made the change to wearing metal armor full time at level? I've back trained a lot and as a result, some of my metal armors are near level. Is it working?

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Metal armor 06/08/2018 12:44 AM CDT
I use a hybrid setup for my everyday hunting routine that involves wearing one of every type of armor, and it's caused me zero issues. Personally I think every single ranger should be doing this, maybe it's just me but we are actually a hybrid stealth/melee guild in disguise, but everyone seems to play their ranger like a thief or necro. We have the same skillset as barbarians with survival and weapons swapped, you may as well act like a rangerbarian or a rangerdin and use those armor ranks.

You'll probably want to keep a full set of leather/cloth handy if you care for PvP at all, but for hunting you can mix in metal armor with zero issue. Between EM, SKS, and wilderness bonus you'll have no trouble at all hiding on multiple critters at melee, just remember SKS doesn't bonus plate armor, so keep the plate relegated to arms or head (not body/legs) and you'll be just fine. You could probably even PvP with lightened chain armor if you wanted.
Re: Metal armor 06/08/2018 09:12 AM CDT
I clown-suit for at level training and keep a all-leather setup for invasions. You're throwing away free TDPs if you don't train all armor in my opinion.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Metal armor 06/15/2018 04:03 AM CDT
<<Curious, has anyone made the change to wearing metal armor full time at level? I've back trained a lot and as a result, some of my metal armors are near level. Is it working?

>inv armor
>
All of your armor:

a silversteel ring mantle
a light silversteel plate mask
a segmented mammoth-bone cap
some silversteel scale gloves
a small diamond-hide shield
a silversteel scale tasset
some silversteel ring vambraces
some silversteel scale greaves

The mantle looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

neck
chest
back

You feel certain that a silversteel ring mantle appears to impose light maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
moderate protection and great damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very good protection and great damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and great damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and poor damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a silversteel ring mantle your maneuvering would be barely hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently somewhat hindered and your stealth is fairly hindered.

You are certain that the ring mantle is practically invulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The ring mantle is made with metal.
The ring mantle is moderately flexible.
You are certain that the ring mantle weighs exactly 75 stones.
You are certain that the ring mantle is worth exactly 787307 Dokoras.

When hunting, I notice far less stuns and wounds while having fewer repair trips. Also, I have a light armor mantle which I switch to when I feel like I need to be more stealthy. In all metal, I feel like people see me hide even with stealth buffs on, however it seems everyone just has high perception in general.

Armor skill range: Shield > Chain=Defending > Brigandine > Light > Plate. 3989 total armor ranks. One of my latest goals is to have Brigandine as the top armor.

-KD, clang!